Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: Various things for modding...  (Read 6730 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Various things for modding...
« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2012, 07:24:30 pm »

...did you change CLASS:ARCHITECT to CASTE:ARCHITECT? That's what's important here.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2012, 07:56:24 pm »

My soldiers are bleeding architect red instead of soldier teal.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2012, 08:25:09 pm »

You need two different blood designations, like so:

[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:BLOODA:BLOOD_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_COLOR:ALL:CYAN]
[BLOOD:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:BLOODA:LIQUID]

[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:BLOODB:BLOOD_TEMPLATE]
[BLOOD:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:BLOODB:LIQUID]

The most important part is the second one in USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE.

(Interesting fact: this was the first problem I had in modding. I was making trolls for Fortbent, so they need different blood colors)

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2012, 07:13:42 am »

I knew you had the problem, having made an awesome mod I don't use.
My tumblr.

Beast Tamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2012, 02:33:19 pm »

Could someone please give me some feedback on my issue, take a look and see what might be wrong with my raws?
There is currently a minor problem in that the veteran demons fighting in the corpse factory have failed to die in the 2 year battle and have become legendary unkillable gods of war. I may have misjudged this possible outcome.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 10, 2012, 02:41:13 pm »

Could someone please give me some feedback on my issue, take a look and see what might be wrong with my raws?
If your problem is that the eggs aren't hatching I've heard one potential way to fix the problem is to keep collecting the eggs until the GCS leaves the nest box. Then the next group of eggs laid should be fertile.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Beast Tamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 10, 2012, 04:38:14 pm »

I suppose that may work, I'll be back once I try getting 10 clutches to hatch.
There is currently a minor problem in that the veteran demons fighting in the corpse factory have failed to die in the 2 year battle and have become legendary unkillable gods of war. I may have misjudged this possible outcome.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 10, 2012, 05:01:26 pm »

I suppose that may work, I'll be back once I try getting 10 clutches to hatch.
Make sure that you keep collecting them immediately until the GCS actually leaves the area to wander your fortress again. The person I was talking to seemed to give the impression that the creature he was using at the time (dragons, to be specific) "saved up" all the infertile eggs that it would have laid while he was waiting for the first clutch to hatch. This meant that whenever he collected the eggs the dragon immediately laid another clutch, with non of them being fertile until he collected enough that the dragon actually wandered his fortress for a month or two in which case the next clutch was fertile.
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 10, 2012, 05:26:32 pm »

My revolvers aren't firing.
Code: [Select]
[ITEM_WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_REVOLVER]
[NAME:revolver:revolvers]
[SIZE:150]
[SKILL:SWORD]
[RANGED:CROSSBOW:BULLET_REVOLVER]
[SHOOT_FORCE:100]
[SHOOT_MAXVEL:1000]
[TWO_HANDED:37500]
[MINIMUM_SIZE:5000]
[MATERIAL_SIZE:2]
[ATTACK:BLUNT:100:1000:bash:bashes:barrel:5050]

[ITEM_AMMO:ITEM_AMMO_BULLET_REVOLVER]
[NAME:revolver bullet:revolver bullets]
[CLASS:BULLET-REVOLVER]
[SIZE:20]
[ATTACK:EDGE:5:100:poke:pokes:NO_SUB:500]
My tumblr.

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 10, 2012, 05:36:18 pm »

My revolvers aren't firing.
Code: [Select]
[ITEM_WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_REVOLVER]
[NAME:revolver:revolvers]
[SIZE:150]
[SKILL:SWORD]
[RANGED:CROSSBOW:BULLET_REVOLVER]
[SHOOT_FORCE:100]
[SHOOT_MAXVEL:1000]
[TWO_HANDED:37500]
[MINIMUM_SIZE:5000]
[MATERIAL_SIZE:2]
[ATTACK:BLUNT:100:1000:bash:bashes:barrel:5050]

[ITEM_AMMO:ITEM_AMMO_BULLET_REVOLVER]
[NAME:revolver bullet:revolver bullets]
[CLASS:BULLET-REVOLVER]
[SIZE:20]
[ATTACK:EDGE:5:100:poke:pokes:NO_SUB:500]

Your problem is that in the AMMO definition, your class is BULLET-REVOLVER, while in your revolver it's BULLET_REVOLVER. Just make them the same, but I'd use the _ one, because it fits in better.
Help us write a story!
We're currently setting the scene and world- characters, civilizations, flora/fauna, cities, places, anything setting!
Products of my Boredom (Old)
Quote from: Shawtay
Delioth, you sir, are a wonderful, wonderful person.
When in doubt, Apply Magma

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 10, 2012, 05:38:16 pm »

All the problems one typo can make. In an early version of the soldier, I forgot one end bracket for body size. Invincible soldiers. Thank you, by the way, to everybody who's being helpful to me and other novice modders posting on this topic.
My tumblr.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 10, 2012, 08:11:16 pm »

All the problems one typo can make. In an early version of the soldier, I forgot one end bracket for body size. Invincible soldiers. Thank you, by the way, to everybody who's being helpful to me and other novice modders posting on this topic.
Welcome. I would suggest that any new modders probably ask their questions over in the Modding Questions Thread, as it's really the designated area for people with only a single little question.

Feel free to keep using this if you already are though.

Beast Tamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 10, 2012, 08:35:03 pm »

Make sure that you keep collecting them immediately until the GCS actually leaves the area to wander your fortress again. The person I was talking to seemed to give the impression that the creature he was using at the time (dragons, to be specific) "saved up" all the infertile eggs that it would have laid while he was waiting for the first clutch to hatch. This meant that whenever he collected the eggs the dragon immediately laid another clutch, with non of them being fertile until he collected enough that the dragon actually wandered his fortress for a month or two in which case the next clutch was fertile.

How would I go about doing that? The only way I can get the eggs out of the egg chamber is by designating them for dumping, then waiting for a dorf to come by. They don't show up in the kitchen menu, nor the food stockpile options.

Also, how does getting my GCS to wander the fortress help my eggs hatch?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 10, 2012, 08:39:09 pm »

It's a measure. It's like how going berserk doesn't make a dwarf unhappy, it's a sign that he's unhappy.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Beast Tamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 10, 2012, 08:46:39 pm »

So, if it wanders the fortress, that means its eggs are fertile? I haven't seen chickens or any other egg laying creature do that.

I'm starting to think I should just have them give birth to live babies.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 08:49:58 pm by Beast Tamer »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10