Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Oh gods...so...much....stuff  (Read 1495 times)

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
Oh gods...so...much....stuff
« on: September 08, 2012, 04:30:58 pm »

I will endlessly be stockpiling, because today I got pissed at the traders from the Mountainhomes (I was giving them gold crafts, 2-3k profit, and it STILL wasn't enough!) so they got pissy and flounced, and before they could pack everything up, I deconstructed the depot from under them.

I have almost everything a fort of 99 dwarves could ever want now, and then some.

Question is, i know they won't siege over it, but are there any repercussions to this, like even tougher trading next time, or they won't show up anymore?
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

Mapleguy555

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Oh gods...so...much....stuff
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 04:36:24 pm »

The trade they bring next year will just be really, really crappy, because they lost profit. A lot of it.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2012, 04:42:21 pm »

As far as I know they just bring really crappy stuff next year.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2012, 07:07:28 pm »

Cool, just what I figured.  I'll either be super nice, or trade them crappy rock stuff, depending on how i feel.  thanks!
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2012, 07:22:07 pm »

I think they just bring less stuff, but I could be wrong...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2012, 07:43:17 pm »

I will endlessly be stockpiling, because today I got pissed at the traders from the Mountainhomes (I was giving them gold crafts, 2-3k profit, and it STILL wasn't enough!) so they got pissy and flounced, and before they could pack everything up, I deconstructed the depot from under them.
Just so you know the profit traders expect is based on a percentage basis. So if you are only doing a 5000 dwarfbuck trade then 2-3k might be enough, but if you are doing a 20k dwarfbuck trade then expect to need to give them profit in the 8-10k range. A way you can get around this a little is by doing a few small trades to make the trader ecstatic, then doing the big trade since happier traders = lower required % of profit.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2012, 08:38:14 pm »

Just so you know the profit traders expect is based on a percentage basis. So if you are only doing a 5000 dwarfbuck trade then 2-3k might be enough, but if you are doing a 20k dwarfbuck trade then expect to need to give them profit in the 8-10k range. A way you can get around this a little is by doing a few small trades to make the trader ecstatic, then doing the big trade since happier traders = lower required % of profit.

Cool, thanks for the advice! 

Urist McSpike

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2012, 08:34:52 am »

I usually shoot for 10%-20% profit given to the traders, depending on my broker's Negotiating skill.
I mean, look at us.  You give us a young child and a puppy, and we produce, possibly, one of the biggest sins against nature the game has ever seen.

Particleman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2012, 10:22:54 am »

I turn out crap crafts crap by the truckload, so I tend to give traders anywhere from a 50 to 100% profit. Except for the elves, of course.