Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: The Most dangerous creatures?  (Read 18443 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: The Most dangerous creatures?
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2012, 08:38:13 am »

It would also have a poisonous bite, and its blunt attacks would be devastating. Make it a thrall and we have a deal.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2012, 08:39:49 am »

Not so sure on the deadly dust part. This'd make it essentially harmless or the worst thing possible. It'd fling itself around chaotically like some blind harbinger of destruction.
Although it does fail on the quantity scale - namely that not only is such a thing not in existence, but impossible to encounter.

Make it a thrall and we have a deal.
Inorganics > Husk clouds. Bronze Colossi practically shower in the stuff every Monday and feel great.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2012, 08:57:38 am »

Inorganics+Thralls>Inorganics. Also, one finds far more thralls at once than they find inorganic monsters, and BCs can't turn dwarves into bronze dwarves by touching them with its dusty skin...although that would be awesome to mod...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2012, 09:33:47 am »

Inorganics+Thralls>Inorganics. Also, one finds far more thralls at once than they find inorganic monsters, and BCs can't turn dwarves into bronze dwarves by touching them with its dusty skin...although that would be awesome to mod...
Inorganics don't mix with Thralls. So the problem kinda solves itself unless it spirals into an endless war your Dwarves are caught in, between two unstoppable forces trying to kill each other.
And I suppose having BC's throw syndromes which are Dwarf specific (which also transform Dwarves into a new creature entity - bronze Dwarves) would be absolutely all the yes. And terrifying.

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2012, 10:41:25 am »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=104962.0

Bronze creatures are at least killable with magma. Fire breathing steel titans won't melt unless you have dragon fire, and they are also decapitation-resistant. They can also actually happen, whereas spoiler material titans/fbs don't.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2012, 10:56:47 am »

So, a steel spider with necrosis-causing dust and wings, who is also a thrall/husk and a necromancer. Got something better?
Sig

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2012, 12:16:33 pm »

So, a steel spider with necrosis-causing dust and wings, who is also a thrall/husk and a necromancer. Got something better?
A spire's worth of flying steel spiders which breath fire. They'll never be thralls/husks or necromancers, this is the deadliest you'll get.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2012, 12:25:53 pm »

Alright, good enough.

I still think a murderous vampire or necromancer  ghost you can't memorialize for some reason would be scarier.
Sig

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2012, 12:30:32 pm »

Alright, good enough.

I still think a murderous vampire or necromancer  ghost you can't memorialize for some reason would be scarier.
Yes, but then you have unhappy dwarves after the ghost kills a few. Unhappy dwarves have tantrums and... fell moods. Fell moods that can kill ghosts, with luck. Imagine the sheer badassery of such an artifact. Even better: the dwarf that kills the necro/vampire is the same dwarf that makes the artifact.

This is a necromancer ghost bone sword. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. On the item is an image of Necromancer McNecromancy and Urist McBadass in necromancer ghost bone. Necromancer McNecromancy is crying. Urist McBadass is striking a triumphant pose. The artwork relates to the killing of Necromancer McNecromancy by Urist McBadass in Fortfortresses in 1059. On the item is an image of Necromancer McNecromancy's ghost and Urist McBadass in necromancer ghost bone. Necromancer McNecromancy is in the fetal position. Urist McBadass is striking a triumphant pose. The artwork relates to the killing of Necromancer McNecromancy's ghost by Urist McBadass in Fortfortresses in 1060. It menaces with spikes of necromancer ghost leather.
My wooden badge was delicious.

bobboy555

• Bay Watcher
  • A man who needs no introduction.
    • View Profile
    • Wikipedia
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2012, 01:30:53 pm »

The answer is dingoes
So, yeah, a stack of 2000 copper coins covered in vile ash that makes you vomit blood to death is my signature weapon.

Nathail

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2012, 04:23:12 pm »

Yaks. I had to travel to a roc nest on the other side of a mountain range in adventure mode, and I decided that it would be easier to just go over the mountains. My 13 companions proceeded to brain themselves upon a herd of yaks. Then a yak kicked me in the head. I doubt the roc was nearly as dangerous.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2012, 04:40:06 pm »

Yak thralls.
Sig

Hammerstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2012, 05:00:48 pm »

"Most Dangerous" I usually find synonymous with "whatever's killing me right now."

vadia

• Bay Watcher
  • tacky picture given the forum; I know.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2012, 07:28:00 pm »

how about adamantium unilosses.

Invulnerable, giant and pointy.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2012, 12:47:14 pm »

how about adamantium unilosses.
1. Adamantine
2. Adamantine makes for weak creatures. An adamantine colossus can be punched to death by creatures many times smaller than itself, sadly.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7