Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fey mood dwarf not taking materials. (Fixed?)  (Read 1139 times)

IonKitten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Fey mood dwarf not taking materials. (Fixed?)
« on: September 08, 2012, 03:18:29 pm »

My fey mood dwarf (usually a farmer with no crafting skills) took a craftsdwarf workshop, grabbed 2 stacks of bones (notably 6 wombat bones first and 24 Giant Kea bones second), and now just sits at the workshop. Requests are two metal bars (dwarf's favorite is silver, and we have silver), one rock blocks (we have an excess of), logs (tons and tons), and bones (which we both have an excess of AND two stacks are tasked in the workshop).

Not sure what to do.

EDITTED: The only thing I can think of is perhaps the dwarf wanted to use a lead bar earlier but ti was used in the production of some lead buckets before being grabbed. Gonna try and smelt some galena to see - dwarf isn't taking the silver or gold bars.

SECOND EDIT: Wasn't paying attention and dwarf started construction, after having grabbed ANOTHER stack of bones, a log, one of the blocks I already had, I think, and a bar of aluminum I bought from a caravan. Not sure what happened.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 03:26:20 pm by IonKitten »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Fey mood dwarf not taking materials. (Fixed?)
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 03:53:00 pm »

...Burrow? Something with paths opening up?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2012, 04:30:06 pm »

Did you butcher anything or unforbid any bones? Dwarves can take up to three of any item on their list, and they won't move onto the next item type until they've gathered enough of the current one.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2012, 08:21:37 pm »

Dwarves can take up to three of any item on their list
Actually, they only take up to three of the first item on their list - if there's anything else they want more than one of, they'll mention it multiple times.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2012, 10:06:26 pm »

So that'd be the flipside of 'you can tell how many of each item they want from how long it stays on screen, except for the first item'? That way of putting it makes more sense, especially since they don't always group item types together.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.