Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Can you build things yet?  (Read 1266 times)

Lastcrusader

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Can you build things yet?
« on: September 08, 2012, 12:16:18 pm »

A while ago Toady mentioned something about building in adventure mode and I wondered if we can build buildings yet as my clan of necromance hunters feel is ruined when we have the dead bodies of there clans mates and the necromancers books all in what appears to be a tavern and if not any idea when it's planned as I remember seeing a plan of stuff they was doing and in what order but can't remember where

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: Can you build things yet?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 01:42:12 pm »

If you're looking for a list of their aims in Dorf Fort: http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/dev.html
That may help.

If by building you mean building houses and stuff, no, you can't do that, and its unlikely that you will ever be able to do that. If you want to build things, use fortress mode. What you could possibly do is build Necrobuggerer Keep or whatever in Fort mode, then abandon and set up shop in adventurer mode.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2012, 06:22:56 pm »

Eventually, you will be able to build in fortress mode.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2012, 12:07:47 am »

I could have sworn he said that eventually Adventurer Mode construction would be added.

Lastcrusader

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2012, 01:02:59 am »

Thanks I shall give that a look over
It's a good idea
But can you retire in a abandoned fortress?

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2012, 01:56:55 am »

Yea, ToadyOne said that he does plan for Adventure Mode Planner.

But like with everything there is no time table.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2012, 02:04:06 am »

But can you retire in a abandoned fortress?
No, it has to be running live and well before you arrive :)

This can be done with some DF utilities

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2012, 08:26:51 pm »

Actually using utilities to shift between dfmode and adventure mode is one of the gems of this game. I still remember when I got bored with a 50 year fort that had (with creative modding) enslaved and tamed and raised several generations of blind cave ogres and personal pets and bodyguards.

When I shifted from dfmode to adventure mode every last one of them became hostile. I spent two hours as an adventurer made from a militia captain, running through a fort I knew well, rescuing dwarves I knew well from their  massive berserking bodyguard of blind cave ogres. It was epic. High point was trying to find the baron, whom I kept seeing at a distance running through the fort one-shotting ogres with his named crossbow and bronze masterwork bolts.
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Hammerstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2012, 02:06:55 pm »

Actually using utilities to shift between dfmode and adventure mode is one of the gems of this game. I still remember when I got bored with a 50 year fort that had (with creative modding) enslaved and tamed and raised several generations of blind cave ogres and personal pets and bodyguards.

When I shifted from dfmode to adventure mode every last one of them became hostile. I spent two hours as an adventurer made from a militia captain, running through a fort I knew well, rescuing dwarves I knew well from their  massive berserking bodyguard of blind cave ogres. It was epic. High point was trying to find the baron, whom I kept seeing at a distance running through the fort one-shotting ogres with his named crossbow and bronze masterwork bolts.
That'd be one to write a story about.