Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: What did I do wrong?  (Read 1687 times)

Noobazzah

• Bay Watcher
  • Make lye, not war.
    • View Profile
What did I do wrong?
« on: September 08, 2012, 05:44:33 am »

My dwarf adventurer just learned the secrets of life and death. I then embarked on a quest to kill a vampire hiding in a hamlet. I first tried looking for him by just talking to everyone, but I always seemed to miss him somehow. Then I put my newfound powers to use, killed some animals and brough them to the village at night. I had some fun watching how the villagers tried defending their homes, falling one by one and then being reanimated by me. In the last home I invaded (note: I personally didn't assault/kill/steal or anything) there was one guy who was completely ignored by my minions, and from this I knew I had found my target. I woke him up by trying to sleep without permit, and then confirmed that he was indeed the target. I accused him of being a night creature, he attacked me and I decapitated him. But when I went to a village nearby, they wouldn't talk to me and just attacked if I said hello. This isn't supposed to happen, right? They think I'm a murderer, or something similar. Is it possible that the vampire was also a god?

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
Re: What did I do wrong?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 05:46:35 am »

So, you attacked a settlement, killing it and enslaving its inhabitants, and are then suprised that another settlement belonging to the same civ group is hostile to you?
This is a blank sig.

Noobazzah

• Bay Watcher
  • Make lye, not war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2012, 05:47:14 am »

Yes, I think they're being completely unreasonable. :D

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2012, 12:30:47 pm »

If I might summaraize the OP for the TL;DR crowd:

"I just massacred a village, now I'm unpopular. I don't understand how these two facts might be related."

::)
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

ff2

• Bay Watcher
  • The Occasional Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2012, 05:48:41 pm »

Did you kill any tame animals?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2012, 06:21:49 pm »

Did your minions hurt anyone while killing everyone in the village?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2012, 06:33:56 pm »

This baby is off the charts!
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Noobazzah

• Bay Watcher
  • Make lye, not war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2012, 03:24:08 am »

They weren't hostile until I killed the vampire.Kills made by a necro's undead minions don't affect the necro's reputation. I checked the legends and I was branded a criminal after I slew the vampire.

Nathail

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2012, 12:19:50 pm »

Must have been an extremely popular vampire. Better pack up your necromantic scourge and head to the next civilization over.

Noobazzah

• Bay Watcher
  • Make lye, not war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2012, 03:43:27 am »

That, or exact revenge on these mortal fools.

Noobazzah

• Bay Watcher
  • Make lye, not war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2012, 08:33:13 am »

Interesting. I retired and it seems that the vampire wasn't an enemy of the local civ, but was concidered a citizen. When I "reclaimed" my adventurer, everyone talked to me again. What's more interesting, I immediately got another vampire hunting quest. I quess that they see me as some sort of reckless renegade vampire slayer.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2012, 08:35:30 pm »

I wonder if it has to do with the community the vampire was harassing being killed?
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Noobazzah

• Bay Watcher
  • Make lye, not war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2012, 12:05:23 am »

Nope, none of the killings were linked to me.

nomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2012, 04:34:45 pm »

you said you killed animals, were those domestic animals or wildlife? id they were domestic then that could have been the cause, but you should be an enemy of the civ then i think
RARRR... I'm a big bad Falcon Demon named Murray who doesn't know what a Legendary Miner is. I'm a MONSTAAA! RARRRR! Oh, oh, pick in my brain. Down I go.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2012, 08:45:59 pm »

is it possible that since none of the town citizens were left to bear whitess to your unveiling of the vampire, as a vampire, they still considered him a citizen and member of the civ?
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.
Pages: [1] 2