Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Roll to Macromeme... Turn 1 update, turn 2 actions please.  (Read 9169 times)

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
Roll to Macromeme... Turn 1 update, turn 2 actions please.
« on: September 08, 2012, 04:50:10 am »

Inspired by the LolCats game played a while back which ran out of steam, and the current volume of macromeme links in most threads, I feel we need to RTDify things a little. This will be a not so serious game acting as a nice break between my culling of Roll to Fight Club and starting Roll to Fight Club 2.

In theory I should be able to deal with an unlimited number of players. All interaction between me (GM) and you (players) will be in the form of macromeme links which I will interpretate and roll over. Anything else I wont even read.

Plot

You guys are agents or something. MiB, FBI, CIA, MI6 or somesuch. There are shenanigans afoot, and your job is to try and prevent them. Simple? Hope so.

Character Generation

Simply state your characters name, and provide at most 3 macromeme links. From this I will generate your character - consider it some kind of training phase where you will face challenge rolls but will not get hurt/die.

Gameplay

Once we have some characters (3 would be a good starting number), I will outline a situation. Your actions will take the form of a macromeme link (feel free to try for a good one as much as you want - its not like I could stop you refreshing 4587 times anyway is it?), which I will interpretate and roll a standard d6 over, adding any bonus or penalties. Anything above 3 is a success with higher numbers being more dramatic/outrageous, and below 3 will be a failure, more dangeorus the lower the roll. Bang on 3 will be a stalemate of some kind. We carry on until everyone is dead, I get bored, or someone wins.

So, have at you.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 02:25:06 pm by MonkeyHead »
This is a blank sig.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Macromeme...
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 05:25:45 am »

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 10:11:45 am by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Macromeme... First agents recruited.
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2012, 02:07:24 pm »

Sareesa Tavis (V-Norrec) Training Phase...

A lightfingered young thief, Sareesa has been recruited to explot thier abilites as a covert operative.

Roll for stealth: 5

Result: +2 to all stealth rolls.

Roll for impromptu weapons: 1

Result: -2 to all unorthadox combat, unless a 6 is rolled, which will result in massive overkill.

Toby Freeman (Donuts) Training Phase...

Toby Freeman is fresh out of MedSchool, but does have a slight attitude problem.

Roll for impatient medic: 5

Result: Can heal any injury with incredible skills with a skill check roll of 5 or 6. A roll of 1 will make any condition worse...

Roll for persuasive: 3

Result: no bonus to persuasion - for example, making others kiss.

Roll for Hulk like rage: 1

Result: When made angry, all rolls end up with a -2 applied, unless a 6 is rolled, which will cause instacarnage.

Boxcar Joe the Magic Hobo (Dermonster) Training Phase...

Boxcar Joe ended up working for the agency after being arrested by them apparently responsible for some kind of temporal screw up. Likes cider.

Roll for time travel: 1

Result: time travel may occur at random and unpredictable moments, in particular for any challenge rolls of 1. Wikipedia random page will be used to direct time and space jumps.

Roll for couch throw: 1

Result: Boxcar Joe's warped mind will lead him to attack furniture when the opportunity presents itself. Combat rolls of 2 or less will be directed only at the scenery.

Roll for universe bending: 2

Result: Once per time jump Boxcar Joe can attempt to turn an object into a singularity. This might end the universe.

Horribly Ultimae Lemur (BFEL) Training phase...

H.U.L is an interesting fellow - in his own sightly deluded mind he is a rock god with mental powers surpassing those of any other human. In reality he is a skinny guy in a jumpsuit who needs to wash his hair.

Roll for rock god: 3

Result: H.U.L is a wannabe rockstar, but gains no benefit from this.

Roll for Telekinetic Choke: 2

Result: H.U.L can attempt to use mind power to choke adversaries, but anything lower than a 5 wont work., with entertaining consequences.

Roll for walk on water: 2

H.U.L can attempt to walk on water (or any other liquid), but anything lower than a 5 will lead them to get very wet. Or dead, depending on substance.

John Stalvern (Spinal Taper) Training Phase...

A spec ops combat veteran, the agency deploys John when subtlety MOAR DAKKA is required.

Roll for I have a machine gun: 5

Result: Will be deployed with a better gun, and +1 to all gun fun.

Roll for I dont give a fuck: 1

Result: -2 to all rolls for 3 turns should John witness a friendly death.

Roll for American Badass: 3

Result: No bonus or penalty as a result of being born in the land of the free and home of expensive healthcare.

Steve (RedWarrior0) Training phase...

A wrold famous stand up comic with an alcohol problem. Tested very highly during Psi training. The only person who seems to understand Boxcar Joe.

Roll to MacGuyver: 4

Result: can do A-Team like builds (Areoplane out of bedsheets? Sure!) if a skillcheck rolls a 5 or 6. A roll of 1 will have amusing consequences.

Roll to Like alcohol: 5

Result: +1 to all rolls when drunk and inspired to be awesome.

Roll to Mind control: 1

Result: a 6 will allow mind control to be pulled off. Anything lower will result in disaster. A 1 will allow the intended target to control you for one turn.

Briefing to follow tomorrow.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 02:44:44 am by MonkeyHead »
This is a blank sig.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Macromeme... Squad 1 created.
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2012, 02:09:19 pm »

Wow I got shafted.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2012, 02:10:14 pm »

Yea, the dice wasnt cool. Though a crazy hobo with universe ending powers will be fun.
This is a blank sig.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2012, 02:11:01 pm »

I was more going for this but that sounds neat.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2012, 04:51:11 pm »

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2012, 05:56:59 pm »

Posting to watch.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 08:10:01 pm by Spinal_Taper »

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2012, 02:03:11 am »

"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2012, 02:25:39 am »

Joe Stalvern and Steve are being added to the training post above.
This is a blank sig.
Pages: [1] 2 3