Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I wanna make ice crafts, etc~  (Read 933 times)

sadron

• Bay Watcher
  • Manic Asphyxiation
    • View Profile
I wanna make ice crafts, etc~
« on: September 07, 2012, 11:07:56 pm »

I know they can't be done normally ingame, though you can build buildings with them. Is there a way I can edit the raws to make ice craftable?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: I wanna make ice crafts, etc~
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 11:11:46 pm »

Not that I know of. And be careful when building workshops from ice. Too many workers around it at once will make them melt.

If it were possible I'd build EVERYTHING but beds in my glacial fort out of ice.

cats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2012, 12:35:36 am »

You got something against ice beds, what are you an elf?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2012, 12:44:44 am »

Ice beds would require cloth to be bearable to sleep on. Which means either sacrificing booze production for pig tails or importing it. Fuck those tree humpers, I don't want thier cloth! (I have to import it anyway for clothing as it is  :()

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2012, 02:16:06 am »

I know they can't be done normally ingame, though you can build buildings with them. Is there a way I can edit the raws to make ice craftable?

At the bottom of the http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Water page there are some extracted raws for the hardcoded water material. See also http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2012:Material_token for other hardcoded materials.

Water is missing [ITEMS_HARD] so you can't get items of it. I don't think there is a way to edit hardcoded materials. You may be able to make a custom workshop with custom reactions to turn the WATER boulders into items or into some kind of "fake ice" custom material that does have [ITEMS_HARD].

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2012, 07:16:12 am »

Bear in mind, ice melts easily...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Troopperi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2012, 01:01:51 pm »

Offering ☼Ice Trumpets☼ to Mountainhome or Elves living in a hot biome would be awesome.
I was going to change the name of battle axe to Dane axe but the I realized that there are no Danish in DF.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2012, 03:53:16 pm »

Can you say "Ice Splints"?
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Volfgarix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2012, 05:59:45 pm »

Offering ☼Ice Trumpets☼ to Mountainhome or Elves living in a hot biome would be awesome.

Yea, sell ice crafts to elves to troll them! Great idea!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2012, 06:19:34 pm »

Better than trolling the goblins. They have actual trolls.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.