Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: "Canceled job: Resting injury" But you're not injured!  (Read 1145 times)

sadron

• Bay Watcher
  • Manic Asphyxiation
    • View Profile
"Canceled job: Resting injury" But you're not injured!
« on: September 07, 2012, 08:33:29 pm »

Okay we had one guy get hurt when we were killing kobold thieves trying to get in, so I quickly had the hospital set up. And now everyone who was doing mason work making our roof (to block the constant rain of putrid slime...) cancels jobs because they have injuries... that don't exist. What the hell?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: "Canceled job: Resting injury" But you're not injured!
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 08:37:12 pm »

What does the putrid slime do? Even numbness will cause dwarves to assume that something far worse will happen if they don't get medical treatment ASAP.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Fen

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretly A Kobold Werebull
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2012, 10:00:41 pm »

Must be the inherent emotional and mental scarring that all dwarfs get in the average fortress.
This space for rent

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2012, 01:49:53 am »

Check their health screen. Dwarves are tough buggers and they tend to not tell people when they start melting.

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2012, 09:21:35 pm »

Some substances also cause only mild blistering. I think cave blobs will leave trails of goo that cause blistering if any dwarf touches it.

The blistering is not harmful, it will not kill anyone, and it is healed on its own in a short amount of time. But it still registers as an injury, and so dwarves will go seek medical care even though they're healthy again before they can even walk to the hospital.

ledgekindred

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh Boy, Microcline
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2012, 10:13:22 pm »

Sometimes the health view on a dwarf doesn't necessarily show all injuries.  You sometimes have to view the full summary to see if they have bruises or bleeding.  Plenty of times I've looked at a dwarf's health to see nothing, only to go to the full preferences screen and see a page of "Urist McDoomed face is bleeding" etc.
I don't understand, though that is about right with anything DF related.
I just hope he dies the same death that all dwarfs deserve: liver disease.
The legend of Reg: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=65866.0
Atir Stigildegel, Legless Hero of Diamondrelic: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=83136.0

Calathar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2012, 11:00:45 pm »

It's definitely the putrid slime.  You are going to have all kinds of cancelled job spam with putrid slime and healthcare, even though the slime doesn't hurt the dwarves much.

On the plus side you'll get a Legendary Diagnostician. 

theprofessor!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2012, 12:56:14 am »

It's definitely the putrid slime.  You are going to have all kinds of cancelled job spam with putrid slime and healthcare, even though the slime doesn't hurt the dwarves much.

On the plus side you'll get a Legendary Diagnostician.
this x2. My last fortress was a terrifying biome with putrid slime that caused bruising all over.  It was so bad I generally always had my dwarves burrowed to keep them inside, since they became so inefficient whenever it was raining outside (always)