Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: interaction causes arena mode crash  (Read 361 times)

sackhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
interaction causes arena mode crash
« on: September 07, 2012, 07:27:17 pm »

Hi ive been recently trying to make a mod that makes elve and posibly later humans playable (they probibly wont be balanced)
but one of the ideas i came up with was making certain elves related to animals. so i tried make a reaction when they became enraged they would turn into a bear. unfortiantly i cant get it to work to. somthing is so messed up it causes arena mode and worldgen to crash instintly

this is the interaction (largly copied from putams DBZ mod)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

here is the elf bear creature

and here is the elf (it will be a new cast with the interaction not all females)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: interaction causes arena mode crash
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 07:38:28 pm »

Your bear transformation is copy+pasted from my super saiyan transformation, I see. If you want the elves to transform at will, then that's not a good idea, since saiyans can only transform after gaining a certain amount of trauma. What you want is this:

(is my syntax really that weird outside of notepad++? I shouldn't have used that program to sort it all >_>)

Code: [Select]
[INTERACTION:ELFBEAR_TRANSFORM]
   [I_SOURCE:CREATURE_ACTION]
   [I_TARGET:A:CREATURE]
      [IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_CREATURE]

[I_EFFECT:ADD_SYNDROME]
      [IE_TARGET:A]
      [IE_IMMEDIATE]

[SYNDROME]

[CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION:START:0:END:500] Put whatever you want as the end time; 100 is a second in dorf mode by default.
           [CE:CREATURE:BEAR_ELF:FEMALE]

That's the interaction you want. Also, you didn't change the name of your whosit; you still have SUPER_SAIYAN_TRIGGER_FEMALE. I would recommend using something like Dwarf Chocolate to copy and paste from, since my transformation modding tends to get... complicated.

sackhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: interaction causes arena mode crash
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2012, 10:09:21 pm »

thank you