Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How the hell do I find volcanos?  (Read 791 times)

HavingPhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How the hell do I find volcanos?
« on: September 07, 2012, 05:32:01 pm »

I even set the amount of volcanos to be generated too a high number. But how do I find them on the map world map? I want to have a fortress near one. Also are there natural ravines. Is there some way I can get a ravine and a volcano on the same zone?

Ki11aGhost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How the hell do I find volcanos?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 05:34:26 pm »

Look for a "^" on the map.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2012, 05:35:16 pm »

Simple as find a volcano on the world map, then look for the [single] red tile on the region map. and ravine/volcano is random.  Have height variable set to random
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

HavingPhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2012, 05:39:49 pm »

Simple as find a volcano on the world map, then look for the [single] red tile on the region map. and ravine/volcano is random.  Have height variable set to random
Ok I have the pheobus tileset. But what was the variable that determines how many volcanos there are in adv worldgen options? Because if I change min volcanos generated from zero then the game just rejects the map no matter what.

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2012, 05:40:38 pm »

Ok I have the pheobus tileset. But what was the variable that determines how many volcanos there are in adv worldgen options? Because if I change min volcanos generated from zero then the game just rejects the map no matter what.
It becomes harder to produce a viable map when you turn volcanoes up.
Quote from: Urist McDwarfFortress
You do not understand the ways of Toady One. He is not a business, he's just a guy trying to make a fun game. He's invited people to come along and experience the journey with him (and help him test it out as he goes along). At the end of the day, I don't think his main goal is to sell Dwarf Fortress, its just to create the best game possible.

HavingPhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2012, 05:48:20 pm »

It becomes harder to produce a viable map when you turn volcanoes up.
ok thanks.

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2012, 05:50:53 pm »

In Pheobus the trap symbol looks like a crown or bear-trap (its supposed to be a bear-trap).
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2012, 05:53:46 pm »

random... I mean high.  So depressions occur next to mountains
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

HavingPhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2012, 06:10:01 pm »

Ok thanks everyone.

HavingPhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2012, 10:45:46 am »

In Pheobus the trap symbol looks like a crown or bear-trap (its supposed to be a bear-trap).
Ok ive seen that.