Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 108

Author Topic: <Syndicate>: Sequel Preparation - Vote on the Sequel's Location!  (Read 143450 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: <Syndicate>: Sequel Time?
« Reply #1560 on: July 01, 2014, 02:45:05 pm »

Waitlist me, please.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

There's a good chance we might be moving onto this game's sequel, so hold onto this sheet for a bit so you can post it in the new thread.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: July 01, 2014, 03:01:54 pm »

Well, no problem, I will just copy it there, then. Could you PM me, in case I won't notice that the game starts?
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: July 01, 2014, 03:02:42 pm »

Well, no problem, I will just copy it there, then. Could you PM me, in case I won't notice that the game starts?

Sure, I will, and I'll post the link to the new game in this thread as well.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: July 01, 2014, 03:05:21 pm »

OK, can't wait to get on that train.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

GraveHaunter92

• Bay Watcher
  • All legends are true, few are accurate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: July 01, 2014, 03:28:27 pm »

Woah we're getting rebooted to Canadia?  Well I'm up for a change of scenery.

I honestly don't see Trent having actually lived long enough to conquer Licheville without getting whacked/jailed, but I'm thinking I'd like to carry him with me into the next game.  I've had a lot of fun playing him, what with the anger issues and the unhealthy obsession with knives and all.

No offense, but I'm getting a bit tired of England. Woo, football and pub fights and tea and GOD SAVE THE QUEEN and various other stereotypes I can't think of.

Do you guys mind if we just start fresh on this game's sequel, a time jump a few years forward where the Syndicate has taken over Licheville and has decided to start another new operation in another country?
I wouldn't mind it, though given that I haven't gotten into the game, I'm not really as atached as the others may be, I suppose.
The clear question here is if I'l be able to make a cultist character. :P

I once heard that the Latin Kings had some sort of religion/philosophy of their own to follow, so depending on how you phrase your scripture it might not be too far off.  I'd personally love to see people gangbang for Cthullu :D
Jesus must have been guiding him in living out the way of the samurai.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: July 01, 2014, 07:25:53 pm »

Before we begin the next game, we have to decide which city will be the first forward base of the International Syndicate Expansion.

I will allow you to pick any city in the entire world, any city, as long as it meets certain criteria:

*The city's population must be at least 25,000 and there is no maximum limit. More population means more of everything: More potential money, more civilians, more businesses, more cargo, more rival gangs, more police, more visibility, etc. Consider this when picking your city.

*Has to be outside the UK and Ireland, as the Syndicate has already established various strongholds and sphere of influences  here.

*A few countries, such as Iran and North Korea, are off-limits. I would heavily discourage picking any cities in Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, Ukraine, Thailand, and other places of current civil strife. As bad as other gangs and police are, imagine fighting over territory with paramilitary organizations.

*Check the general laws for the country and city you pick, especially ones that apply to the Syndicate, as they vary wildly. It's tough getting a pistol in Japan, but pretty damn easy to pick up an assault rifle in the United States. Some countries will give you 30 Years in prison for first-degree murder, other countries will execute you for carrying a few ounces of drugs. The laws of the desired city will be very influential to the game.

*Distance from England: You can still get supplies from back home, so if your ever tight for money or weapons, it would be convenient to be in fairly close range to England. On the other hand, the farther you are away from home, the less likely anyone will be to recognize you as part of the Syndicate, or recognize the Syndicate as a gang. Take this into account as well.

I won't set up a forum poll, as there would be way too many options to put up, so if you want to vote, just Bold your statement saying "I vote for [City,Country Name Here]" or "+1 [City,Country Name Here]".

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
Re: <Syndicate>: Sequel Preparation - Vote on the Sequel's Location!
« Reply #1566 on: July 01, 2014, 07:37:10 pm »

I vote for Boston, USA.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: July 01, 2014, 07:41:27 pm »

I vote for Paris, France
It's nearby, so we'll have more strength, right? RIGHT!?

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: July 01, 2014, 08:12:51 pm »

Shanghai, China
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: July 01, 2014, 08:53:34 pm »

Mogadishu, Somalia

On a more serious note, expanding into Albuquerque, USA, Port-au-Prince, Haiti, or Reykjavik, Iceland would be my top three picks.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: July 01, 2014, 09:00:07 pm »

I vote for Paris, France
It's nearby, so we'll have more strength, right? RIGHT!?

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: July 01, 2014, 09:09:37 pm »

Mogadishu, Somalia

On a more serious note, expanding into Albuquerque, USA, Port-au-Prince, Haiti, or Reykjavik, Iceland would be my top three picks.

With the Port-au-Prince now officially put up as an option for new location, I think this is a good time to mention that real life current events will also shape the game world. In-game, just like in real life, Port-au-Prince is still in the process of recovering from the powerful earthquake. So if the in-game city/country of choice suddenly goes into a state of war in real life, it will be reflected in game as well.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: July 01, 2014, 09:14:03 pm »

I put a +1 to Albuquerque, USA, and retract my Boston vote.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

GraveHaunter92

• Bay Watcher
  • All legends are true, few are accurate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: July 01, 2014, 11:17:52 pm »

Mogadishu, Somalia

With the Port-au-Prince now officially put up as an option for new location, I think this is a good time to mention that real life current events will also shape the game world. In-game, just like in real life, Port-au-Prince is still in the process of recovering from the powerful earthquake. So if the in-game city/country of choice suddenly goes into a state of war in real life, it will be reflected in game as well.

In that case

I vote for Kiev, Ukraine
Jesus must have been guiding him in living out the way of the samurai.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: July 02, 2014, 08:32:44 am »

I don't think that's a good idea, considering that Ukraine is currently in a weak economic situation, the whole Crimea being annexed stuff, other criminals, people fighting in some areas, basically war is going on there.
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 108