Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 108

Author Topic: <Syndicate>: Sequel Preparation - Vote on the Sequel's Location!  (Read 143483 times)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: <Syndicate>: Chapter 77: They're Rioting in Licheville
« Reply #1485 on: January 26, 2014, 01:29:07 am »

"It's an abandoned building. A riot was coming, so we decided to relocate for the moment."
Set up a sentry by a window. Try and keep vision of the outside.
Quote from: William to other Kings
What is going on? I heard of a riot and moved with our guest.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 02:10:36 pm by Spinal_Taper »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: January 26, 2014, 02:09:23 am »

Dave get the footsoldiers together to hold off the rioters, joining in himself.

Knives are allowed if necessary.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 01:11:38 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

GraveHaunter92

• Bay Watcher
  • All legends are true, few are accurate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: January 26, 2014, 07:05:59 am »

"GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM MY PUB!"

Trent angrily picks up a trash can and chucks it at the throng of rioters trying to break into the pub before flashing a switchblade at them, daring them to come mess with him
Jesus must have been guiding him in living out the way of the samurai.

GraveHaunter92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: January 26, 2014, 07:22:22 am »

((Well, here's hoping I don't die!))

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: January 29, 2014, 12:57:25 pm »

bump
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: January 30, 2014, 01:56:07 pm »

Look online for the highest paying computer science jobs that are available. Look at universities and find the prices for a law degree course. (( Lawyer. ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: January 30, 2014, 04:29:52 pm »

Be an agent provocateur - try and direct the mob to egage with the cops, and smash targets way away from the pub. Look to slp away to the pub without attracting attention
This is a blank sig.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: February 05, 2014, 09:01:29 pm »

I believe my action last turn got missed.

It was to explore the basement.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: February 05, 2014, 10:05:43 pm »

I believe my action last turn got missed.

It was to explore the basement.

Ah, my apologies.

Thomas heads down into the basement through the secret entrance, into the depths of the pub. The interior is cool and crisp from it's underground location. Ceiling fangs swing lazily from above. The basement consists of a long room, dotted with several slabs of marble serving as tables. On top of these make-shift tables are also sorts of items, from laptops to firearms.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: February 05, 2014, 10:11:36 pm »

Begin barricading the basement against rioters in case they get down there.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: February 20, 2014, 10:19:55 pm »

HOW ABOUT A GOOD OLE' FASHIONED UPDATE Y'ALL?
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: <Syndicate>: Chapter 78: Breakthrough
« Reply #1496 on: February 20, 2014, 11:06:45 pm »

Chapter 78: Breakthrough

Head to the Pub, and clear the entrance. Send a mass text to everyone on the contacts list that doesn't hate us or would have any motive to kill us:

We're securing the pub. Get down here and bring people you can trust, we're playing to good guys today.
"QUICK GET THE OTHER WINDOW!"
Help force the door quick.
Dave get the footsoldiers together to hold off the rioters, joining in himself.

Knives are allowed if necessary.

Begin barricading the basement against rioters in case they get down there.
"GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM MY PUB!"

Trent angrily picks up a trash can and chucks it at the throng of rioters trying to break into the pub before flashing a switchblade at them, daring them to come mess with him

Aaron sends out an en-masse text message to anyone on the good side of the Syndicate, while clearing the doorway. (6+1) "Outta' the way!" The boxer uses his raw strength to shove the rioters down the sides of the stairs, tumbling down and away from the door as he slips inside. As Aaron enters, Mason forces the door shut quickly. Mason takes the spot of a bracing footsoldier, so that he has an opportunity to close up the nearby window. Dave tells his footsoldiers to arm himself, and prepares for battle. Freedom barricades the basement, making sure that anyone coming through will have a hard time getting in.

Outside, Trent begins going nuts. "GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM MY PUB!" (1) As he picks up a hefty trash can, an angry rioter tackles him to the ground. "FUCK YOU BOY, I'LL RIP YA' CUNT APART!" (6 vs. 4) Trent instinctively reaches for the Switchblade in his pocket, but the rioter jabs him right in the lips, busting them til' they're bloody. This stuns Trent for a moment, giving the rioter another opportunity to attack. (3 vs. 5) He aims another punch, but Trent shoves him off of his body and sends him flat on his ass. Trent gets to his feet, wiping the blood from his lips. (5 vs. 1) Before the rioter can get back up, Trent gives him a kick to the chin, knocking him out cold. Trent pulls out his Switchblade finally, waving it at the crowd. "GET OUTTA' HERE!" (Intimidation: 5+1 (Knife Bonus)) Spotting the knife, the rioters decide they shouldn't mess with this place and move onto the next stores. Mission accomplished.

Ryan creates a role as an agent provocateur, when he sees the combined efforts of the Syndicate drive the rioters away. However, in the midst of the riot, a drunken looter spots Ryan's cellphone in his pocket, and proceeds to do what a looter does. (1) He reaches for Ryan's pocket, and all Ryan does is merely give him a rough shove on the chest. He falls down, and a nearby officer promptly seizes him. "Just like my first election: Too easy."

"Cover me!"

Kick down the door as the rest of the robbery squad holds off the cops. Escape, and rob another store.

Marshall decides to take actions into his own hands. "Cover me!" (Door Busting: 5) He gives the locked door a great kick, enough to force the door wide up. The crew and himself run through, while the police busy themselves with the rest of the looters. The three of them escape out the back, whereupon Marshall decides to continue his looting business. "Quick, to the Pawn Shop!" Marshall runs to the next target on his list, when a launched flash grenade explodes nearby. (Grenade Explosion: 3 vs. 1) Marshall isn't in the direct path, but his vision does fill up with light. Cursing, he stumbles over to the Pawn Shop entrance. [Partial Blindness: -1 to all Actions Next Turn.]

"It's an abandoned building. A riot was coming, so we decided to relocate for the moment."
Set up a sentry by a window. Try and keep vision of the outside.
Quote from: William to other Kings
What is going on? I heard of a riot and moved with our guest.

William notices the ongoing riot outside, and texts the other Kings for information. In the meantime, he sets up one of his men to stand by the Sentry to keep an eye outside. The Cobardi shifts nervously in his seat.

Look online for the highest paying computer science jobs that are available. Look at universities and find the prices for a law degree course. (( Lawyer. ))

Michael Joe searches for the highest paying Computer Science jobs that he can find. He finds several, though he'd have to travel a bit of a ways to get there: There are several in London, and a few in Manchester and Birmingham.

[As for the price of a Law Degree Course, it's something I don't know off-hand, and I can't find it online easily. For anyone with relevant knowledge, what's about the realistic price to take a course in Law? Within reason, that will be the price in-game.]

buy a few plastic spoons which I then proceed to sharpens and hide and make sure I have one

Try and get in with the clowns and start making contacts with them

Spoiler: Prison Schedule (click to show/hide)

Blake heads over to the Canteen, purchasing three Plastic Spoons. (-$.30) He takes the spoons over to a bathroom stall, where in privacy he works on sharpening them against the rough stone wall behind the stall. (Sharpening: 6) He didn't know it before, but he's actually a damn fine sharpener. He ends up with 3 Sharp Plastic Shanks, these look good enough to go through a neck or plunged into a stomach just as well as a conventional steak knife. [Level Up!: Sharpening 1]

Afterwards, Blake heads outside to establish contact with the first Clown he can see. He spots one heading down the wall, identifiable due to his nonchalant walk typically associated with the Clowns. (Charisma: 2) Blake stops him, "Hey, I want to get into your club. It sounds good." The Clowns laugh, "Yeah, but what have you done to prove it? We don't let just anyone in. We let some new blood in, one bloke beat a guy twice his size in an arm-wrestling contest out in the yard, and another was able to score a three-point basketball shot from half-court. Come talk to me after you've shown your stuff, got it?" He grins and saunters off, waving behind him.

After the conversation, the prison bell rings for Lunch. It's time to head back into the Cafeteria, and perhaps Blake can show the Clowns that he's got some impressive skills...

Spoiler: Syndicate (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kings (click to show/hide)

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: February 20, 2014, 11:11:56 pm »

"Move move move!"

Keep moving towards cover. Anyone puts up resistance, I shoot them.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

GraveHaunter92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: February 21, 2014, 01:30:46 am »

(((Awesome!  An update!))

"That's what I thought!"
Trent walks up to the Pub's front door and knocks loudly.

"Hey fellas!  Let me in, I could use a drink right about now!"

Enter Pub, greet fellow Syndicate members, grab a beer, check long list of text messages

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: February 21, 2014, 02:45:57 am »

Wait for the rioters to leave, then open the door.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 108