Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 108

Author Topic: <Syndicate>: Sequel Preparation - Vote on the Sequel's Location!  (Read 143520 times)

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: <Syndicate>: Chapter 75: The Life of A Cell
« Reply #1440 on: January 07, 2014, 06:27:05 pm »

(( I vote we give the others 24 hours then just go. ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

GraveHaunter92

• Bay Watcher
  • All legends are true, few are accurate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: January 08, 2014, 09:56:28 am »

"Shit, well I guess I'm going back to the hospital"

Trent takes a car and drives the wounded footsoldier and Berk to an emergency clinic, preferably not the one he went to last time.  He'll tell them that we got mugged by Vice Lords and that we got shot because we tried to fight back.

We'll leave our wallets behind in the car to make it seem like we actually got robbed, and I'll have Berk take a rag and try to press down on the footsoldiers wound to prevent him bleeding out
Jesus must have been guiding him in living out the way of the samurai.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: January 08, 2014, 09:20:29 pm »

Well, I drop ScriptWolf into prison properly anyways, let him start out somewhere and everything.

Turn in development.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: <Syndicate>: Chapter 76: Impending Violence
« Reply #1443 on: January 14, 2014, 11:34:08 pm »

Chapter 76: Impending Violence

"Boys I've been thinking, we've been brute forcing our way through problems and that almost got us killed, what would you fellas think about an obstical course, we could practice stealth techniques and keep in shape?"
Spitball some ideas with my assistants.

Mason confers with his apprentices about setting up training in stealthy business. Paul agrees with Mason, "Yeah, an obstacle course or something of the sort would be nice. I know a nice car graveyard that we could use, and it even has some equipment." Sean has a bit more of a dramatic idea. "What about burglary? We set up a crew, head out into the suburbs and find some houses to get into. It's not that dangerous if everyone works together, and it's real-life experience, plus we could make some nice cash."

Lead the boys back to the pub, ensuring that we don't look like we're causing trouble. Avoid the police as much as possible just to be sure, though.

To all Syndicate: 'Riot on its way to the pub. Take care.'

Dave leads his gang through the chaos in the streets, quickly sending a warning text out to everyone else. Soon, football hooligans and ruffians are engaging the riot police. Rocks and bottles bounce off of plastic Riot Shields. Dave draws the Syndicate as far from the fighting as possible, making his way back to the Pub, without any case of injury or arrest.

Reply: "On my way to help out..."

Head back to the pub - look to defend our assets if needs be.

Ryan pauses his investigation at the docks to head on back to the Pub upon hearing news of a riot. After a good walks, he finds himself at the steps, able to see and hear commotion a few blocks down.

Tell the barkeeper he should barricade all but the front door and board up the windows.

Check for applications regularly and look for any computer science jobs I can do from here.

Joe tells the bartender to barricade up the Pub. The bartender responds, "Could've told me that a bit earlier. I don't exactly have barricade bits lying around the place. You could organize some strongmen to help get the vending machines to cover both the windows out front." The bartender heads to the back, and locks the back-door before dragging a billiards table right in front of it.

The computer science jobs are far and in-between, at least those that would allow work from a distance. The computer science jobs in the surrounding area require their employees to be in their office.

A few applications begin appearing at Joe's website in the meantime:

Harry Red - Age 31. Graduated Longview University, Master's Degree, Philosophy. Occupational experience in Telemarketing.

Sarah P - Age 2X.  Graduated Meshouse University, Master's Degree, Anthropology. Occupational experience in Translating and Domestic Services.

Jarrod Lowell - Age 19. Graduated Rodney Kaizer High School. Occupational experience in carpentry and sailing.

Big Cock Dickson - Age 2 Billion. Graduated Ur Mom, 12 PH.D.'s in Buttsex. Occupational experience in pwning noobs and smooking weed every day fagget. Criminal Record: 2 Cool 4 Life. Additional Notes: "Why did you even make this website hah your a loser and gay mate hah."

"Since I didn't get a response, I'll take that as a yes."

Continue recruiting. Realize I've spent the last 10 turns recruiting these guys.

((You know what? You've been working too hard and waiting too long. Have these guys already. Belated Merry Christmas.))

"Shit, let's be thugs then."

+4 Footsoldiers

Notable Skilled Footsoldiers:

Alex - 2 Street Sense, 2 Con Artistry
R.L. - 2 Disguise, 2 Seduction 

Chat with my friend for a while, then go look for another head of the Syndicate.

Thomas talks with Markus. Markus reports that Thomas's family is doing alright, and as for Markus himself, his wife is pregnant. After wishing him well and saying goodbye, Thomas looks for another Syndicate Boss. He finds one inside the bar to two other thugs, and Thomas can tell of his authority by the way he gives out orders and questions his men. Thomas infers that his name is 'Mason', based on what the other men call him.

"Well. This is an exciting way to be back."
Text all of our people at the pub. Hide anything incriminating and leave. Try to ensure the cops don't notice any of our less than legal ownings. Go to work.

William heads downstairs (3) and puts some posterboard over the door to the secret room. Hopefully if the cops come they'll just perceive it as a dead-end hallway. While he's down there, the Cobardi prisoner screams for William to free him. It's almost as if everyone has forgotten about him.

He then leaves to get back to work, when he notices the mob getting closer and closer to the Pub. He'll have to get further away if he wishes to work, as screaming and random bottles flying about is not the most efficient environment for tech support.

"Hey, where's Fyfe?  I've got a man bleeding to death over here!"  Trent shouts out throughout the Pub.

Fyfe runs to Trent and his wounded soldier. (2) She sighs, "I can't get into a wound that deep, you have to get him to a hospital."

"Shit, well I guess I'm going back to the hospital"

Trent takes a car and drives the wounded footsoldier and Berk to an emergency clinic, preferably not the one he went to last time.  He'll tell them that we got mugged by Vice Lords and that we got shot because we tried to fight back.

We'll leave our wallets behind in the car to make it seem like we actually got robbed, and I'll have Berk take a rag and try to press down on the footsoldiers wound to prevent him bleeding out

Trent takes Berk and his wounded man to a clinic nearby, ready to present them with a story about a mugging gone wrong. (Persuasion Roll: 4) They buy and say they'll treat both men for free, but ask Trent to stay while they call the police.

In the streets of Licheville, the sheer number of rioters begins overwhelming the police, who buckle behind their shields, unable to handle such mass. The police retreat further into the town, allowing the rioters to storm forward. They surge forward, attacking vehicles on the road, destroying storefronts and breaking into various nearby businesses, dismantling and looting property.

And each minute, they're getting closer and closer to the pub. By [Next Turn], they'll be running up the steps.

-Prison-

Spoiler: Prison Schedule (click to show/hide)

After waking up, brushing his teeth, observing his private cell and a quick shower, Blake finds himself in the prison Cafeteria for breakfast. His morning meal consists of a glass of orange juice, two eggs, three sausages, and an apple. Looking for a place to sit, Blake quickly identifies certain characteristics of the Cafeteria. Among the various groups, there are a group of foreign prisoners eating together in one section, another holds big beefy muscle-men of all sorts, and then there's a group that's laughing and bantering, actually looking like they're having fun. Gangs are quickly identifiable too, and Blake can even spot a group of Vice Lords and Cobardi, numbering about a dozen each. Then there's a group half that size that sits at a table with an air of control and authority, they also appear to have swastikas and eagles tattooed across their visible bodies.

However, the cliques compose only a minority of all prisoners who simply sit together like acquainted co-workers, and some alone. Blake begins deciding where and who to sit with, an important decision in this type of environment.

Spoiler: Syndicate (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kings (click to show/hide)

Sorry for the wait. School and such. Enjoy the oncoming riots and prison-time.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: January 14, 2014, 11:41:13 pm »

(( What does Domestic services mean? ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: January 14, 2014, 11:44:30 pm »

Methinks you forgot me, sir!
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: January 14, 2014, 11:53:30 pm »

Ah, yes, a good old fashion riot. Time for some looting, eh?

Grab the robbery squad, start robbing gas stations and retail stores.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: January 15, 2014, 12:01:55 am »

Get the boys to form up inside the pub and prepare to repel boarders. Knives are not preferred.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: January 15, 2014, 12:20:38 am »

(( What does Domestic services mean? ))

Helping a household out with tasks like cooking and cleaning. It's a job title that can be used for maids or butlers, for example.

Methinks you forgot me, sir!

I'll fix that.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: January 15, 2014, 12:38:34 am »

(What's the plan for getting Blake out of prison? I mean, we don't have to bust him out immediately, but eventually...)
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: January 15, 2014, 07:20:40 am »

On second thought, explore the basement.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Fireiy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: January 15, 2014, 07:35:18 am »

(What's the plan for getting Blake out of prison? I mean, we don't have to bust him out immediately, but eventually...)
Or he can serve his sentence. You guys just LOVE attracting police attention.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: January 15, 2014, 08:26:32 am »

(( I say we leave him, it's a perfect recruiting ground if one of us goes in to see him and arrange it.

I'm completely clean, no criminal activities of any kind so I can do it and handle bringing them in once they get out of prison. I'm going to stick to legal activities anyway. One of us should stay outside prison.

Anyone got a use for the Telemarketer? I have jobs for the other 2 if I can convince them.))

"Sorry only just heard myself, a riot kicked off at the match. The others are coming in now we should be ok but better safe then sorry."

Send the men who just arrived to move the vending machines to cover the windows. Send messages to Sarah and Jarrod to come in tomorrow at midday and 12:15. Continue monitoring for job applicants.

Add a job to the site. Looking for people with hand to hand, or firearms experience along with bodyguard experience.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 09:18:23 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: January 15, 2014, 11:38:37 am »

"Ok first of all see if you can get hold of whoever owns the land the car graveyards on, say we want to practice for paintball or something, and Sean I like your Moxt, but lets save that for "Graduation", anyway I'd prefer if we didn't have to break the law every other minute, you know until we're a criminal empire spanning the globe of course."
Set the first guy out to contact the land owner, Then read the text, freak out and try to get the coke machines in front of the windows and doors, get Sean to help if he can.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: January 15, 2014, 12:08:45 pm »

Investigate the commotion - be as "anonymous" as possible though.
This is a blank sig.
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 108