Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 108

Author Topic: <Syndicate>: Sequel Preparation - Vote on the Sequel's Location!  (Read 143579 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: <Syndicate>: Chapter 68: Escapades of the Gangster
« Reply #1335 on: September 03, 2013, 11:45:50 pm »

[GM Tip: If you're looking for Assassin work and want to also assist the gang, taking out promoted members of rival gangs would definitely help the Syndicate. While full-on assaults and bombings have been the primary tactic of the group, Assassination would require less manpower and could dismantle the organization of enemies while simultaneously remaining discreet and hidden.]
((I was looking to make money and start a business. I can't get paid helping out our gang, not that I'd ever ask my own friends to pay me to kill someone they want dead. If the guys want me to take out someone specific they need but ask.

While I'm on this, anyone you fellas want dead? I don't much know the names of gangs and such, nor which would be giving you the most trouble at this particular time.))

In the meantime, go out and see if there's any business conventions going on. High-end stuff. Find out when it is and sneak into it, wearing my best suit and leaving my weapons in my car, except for my garrotte (which is hopefully innocuous enough that it won't be confiscated). Look around for the well-to-do gentlemen, and once I've spotted one, prepare to introduce myself as soon as he's got a private moment, then tell him that I have a business proposition, and discreetly show him my gloves.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: September 04, 2013, 01:34:38 am »

get down to Imari make sure the guys at the warehouse are on full alert just in case things go sour
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: September 04, 2013, 01:42:19 am »

William gives them the address of the bar.
"Everyone head over there, talk to the bartender. He knows what's going on. Just tell him William sent you, and give him a phone number, or an address. I should be there shortly to give you a formal introduction."
He points out two more burly looking men in the group.
"Except for you two. You two are to help me with this man."
Bring our defeated fight ring opponent to a bathroom or something, try and bring him to consciousness via cold water.

GraveHaunter92

• Bay Watcher
  • All legends are true, few are accurate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: September 04, 2013, 01:48:38 am »

((Well shit.  Can I get a headcount on how many VL's I'm looking at right now?))
Jesus must have been guiding him in living out the way of the samurai.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: September 04, 2013, 01:56:53 am »

"Normal treatment will be fine."
Give her £50 go where they take me.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: September 04, 2013, 06:35:39 am »

((Well shit.  Can I get a headcount on how many VL's I'm looking at right now?))

((~8.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

GraveHaunter92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: September 04, 2013, 07:13:00 am »

Trent heaved a heavy defeated sigh.

"YOUR PIZZA'S HORSESHIT!" 

Trent slammed the door and ran off, whipping out a switchblade as he ran in case his pursuers caught up to him.

RUN, preferably in the direction of the strip mall where Berk and his posse of Syndicate Soldiers are paroling about

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: September 04, 2013, 10:23:24 am »

Try to recruit the teens.

(Not much RP for this turn since I need to go in a few minutes)
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: September 04, 2013, 11:30:03 am »

Send out a circular text to all syndicate members:

"Small scale pyro's availiable for use on potential hostiles. Anyone got any target requests or suggestions?
This is a blank sig.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: September 04, 2013, 08:04:22 pm »

Taking a break for a bit, Dave goes off to train the foot soldiers, after buying two more fighting knives.

Text Message to Syndicate: Anyone know where I can discreetly buy a lot of fighting knives?
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #1345 on: September 04, 2013, 08:11:18 pm »

"Small scale pyro's availiable for use on potential hostiles. Anyone got any target requests or suggestions?
Go burn down [the pub my latest employer frequented]. I hate that place.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: September 12, 2013, 09:18:08 pm »

Turn coming up, stuff happens, don't worry y'all!
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

GraveHaunter92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: September 13, 2013, 01:11:24 pm »

Turn coming up, stuff happens, don't worry y'all!

((Cue Benny Hill Theme))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: <Syndicate>: Chapter 69: This is going somewhere, I promise.
« Reply #1348 on: September 16, 2013, 08:43:48 pm »

Chapter 69: This is going somewhere, I promise.

Put down a hundred bucks. 25 hours is good enough.

Before heading into the depths of the cafe, ask if she would know anything about what I need. If not, find a computer and...ask around.

Aaron puts a 100 pound piece onto the counter. "25 Hours should be good enough." The girl raises an eyebrow at him, but takes the money anyways.

(-$100)

"By the way, do you happen to know where I can get some...'underground' stuff?"

She taps her fingernails on the counter. "I knew someone with cash like that had to be up to some funny business." She reaches beneath the counter and slides a key across the surface. "Go the end of the hall and take the stairs at the end. The key opens the door to the left at the bottom. With all the freaks down there, it shouldn't be hard to find whatever you need. But the police ask, I don't know about anything I'm talking about."

In the meantime, go out and see if there's any business conventions going on. High-end stuff. Find out when it is and sneak into it, wearing my best suit and leaving my weapons in my car, except for my garrotte (which is hopefully innocuous enough that it won't be confiscated). Look around for the well-to-do gentlemen, and once I've spotted one, prepare to introduce myself as soon as he's got a private moment, then tell him that I have a business proposition, and discreetly show him my gloves.

Garret decides to move forward in his business with a slightly different approach. Donning his best suite, he heads out to find the cream-a-la-cream of the financial world. After stashing all weapons except for the hidden garrote, Garret leaves for the more posh side of Licheville, the uptown. He reaches it, and after a few minutes of scouring the streets, comes across the Licheville Convention Hall, which happens to be open right now. How coincidentally great. (Stealth: 5) Garret slips in with a group of business men distracted with conversing with their cell phones or each other. There is no problem for Garret in reaching the interior.

Inside, Garret moves into the socializing dining hall, which looks to be filled with dozen of wealthy targets. Upon looking around, he comes across a lone, blonde-haired coated youth in his 20's. Garret approaches, "Excuse me sir, I have a proposition that-" The man turns to Garret, looking over the secret assassin with distaste. In one hand he clutches a glass of wine. "Unless you're willing to put out half your downturn stocks at 40% or more at 500 per, I don't want you to waste my time."

((Just making sure that all players know all the options. As for your first job not going well, you're client just happened to be just as greedy and deceitful as his target.))

William gives them the address of the bar.
"Everyone head over there, talk to the bartender. He knows what's going on. Just tell him William sent you, and give him a phone number, or an address. I should be there shortly to give you a formal introduction."
He points out two more burly looking men in the group.
"Except for you two. You two are to help me with this man."
Bring our defeated fight ring opponent to a bathroom or something, try and bring him to consciousness via cold water.

William sends his new bunch of fighter recruits to the bar, except for two, who he uses to drag his unconscious, larger opponent into a nearby washroom. William fills up a nearby bucket with cold water, and splashes him across the face. He awakes with a start, "AYYAWHODDAFUCK-"

get down to Imari make sure the guys at the warehouse are on full alert just in case things go sour

After receiving Imari's text, Blake heads down to the docks to see what's going on with this new deal.

As he enters the warehouse, he finds Imari and several other of his associates, bringing out boxes and crates of all sorts of weaponry. P stands nearby, looking as stoic and intimidating as ever, gun in his pocket. Imari looks over his shoulder, "Blake, good to see ya'! These are our good customers." He motions over to a group of men in black suits, over grey and white shirts, which give them a look of professionalism.

One of the suited men peers into a box, before sidling up to Blake, "So, you're the only white guy besides us in on this deal. What do you do around here?"

"Normal treatment will be fine."
Give her £50 go where they take me.

Mason pays out 50 pounds for the normal treatment.

(-$50)

They take him over to the patient's area, where the drugs immediately take effect. Whoa, things are getting weird...

YOU ARE LEADER OF SPACE MARINES OUT TO DISPOSE NOTORIOUS GANG-LEADER MISTER. MCMUFFINS.

WHAT DO?

>

Trent heaved a heavy defeated sigh.

"YOUR PIZZA'S HORSESHIT!" 

Trent slammed the door and ran off, whipping out a switchblade as he ran in case his pursuers caught up to him.

RUN, preferably in the direction of the strip mall where Berk and his posse of Syndicate Soldiers are paroling about

"YOUR PIZZA'S HORESHIT!" Trent makes a definitive statement against the Vice Lords as he sprints out the door for the Strip Mall. (Sprinting: 6 vs. 1) He doesn't even make it that far, Trent has such a lead against the Vice Lords that he loses them by dipping into a nearby video store. He watches from a window as confused men in purple jackets run in every direction except for where he actually is.

"You need something?" Trent finds himself being questioned by the girl at the counter. With red hair, a faded brown sweater and a red skirt, it indicates her to probably be a hipster. Or a drummer. Or a lesbian. Honestly, it's hard to keep up with all the fashion trends these days.

Try to recruit the teens.

Thomas walks up to the teens on the block, hoping to gain more recruits for the gang. (Persuasion: 5+1) He gives a speech about things that appeal to kids, such as getting tons of money and reputation and attractive members of the opposite sex, as a result of joining the Syndicate. Except for that one punk kid who seems to be in every gang of teenagers. "Shut up, the Hawkson Boys are the coolest, they kill people and don't give a fuck! You're just an old man, why don't you go back home and fuck yourself you old fuck!"

Send out a circular text to all syndicate members:

Go burn down [the pub my latest employer frequented]. I hate that place.

Ryan sends down his offer for pyrotechnics to the rest of the gang, though he only gets a reply to burn down the favorite pub of  Garret's last employer.

Taking a break for a bit, Dave goes off to train the foot soldiers, after buying two more fighting knives.

Text Message to Syndicate: Anyone know where I can discreetly buy a lot of fighting knives?

Dave cools off by buying more knives.

(-$16)

Training time! (Knives: 3) The Syndicate members are too hyped in roleplaying as ninja assassins to really learn much with knives. Dave sends out a text asking if anyone knows where he can easily get more knives.

------

Dock Operations: +$750

Spoiler: Syndicate (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kings (click to show/hide)

I finished this turn a lot later than I had hoped. But fret not, next turn shit starts happening! Good shit? Bad shit? Run-of-the-mill crazy shit? Keep playing to find out!

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: <Syndicate>: Chapter 69: This is going somewhere, I promise.
« Reply #1349 on: September 16, 2013, 08:58:48 pm »

Stop being meek. Be assertive. Cross arms. Better than that, I assure you. As long as you're open to something a little unorthodox.
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 108