Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 108

Author Topic: <Syndicate>: Sequel Preparation - Vote on the Sequel's Location!  (Read 143679 times)

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
Re: <Syndicate>: Chapter 61: Office Fight!
« Reply #1230 on: July 17, 2013, 03:47:56 pm »

Turn soon?
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: <Syndicate>: Chapter 62: Hospitals for Everyone!
« Reply #1231 on: July 18, 2013, 10:58:48 pm »

Chapter 62: Hospital for Everyone!

Set up a con game in my little corner again.

Aaron heads upstairs and sits down in the corner both, doing his card conning game routine. (6) He manages to score with a bunch of drunk businessmen, taking parts of their paychecks. He's getting good at this con business. (+$650) (Conning to Level 1!)

Accept job. Buy a powerful magnet and a heavy duty lock-picking kit. Steal a car and head over to the guy's house.

Make sure he isn't home, then hop into his backyard when he isn't looking. If there's a dog, shoot it and hide the body. Check the entrances and see if they're alarmed. Was there one of those big dumb "this home is protected by _______" signs outside? If the back entrance is alarmed, hopefully its a big sliding glass door and I can look inside to find the spot where the alarm is connected. Open the lock using my picks, then use the magnet to keep the circuit for the alarm closed when I slide the door open.

If the place was alarmed: Scope out the ground floor. Locate the front door, the door leading to the garage, and the master bedroom. He's probably got an alarm box near the garage door as well as the front. When I hear him pull up, if I hear the garage door opening then wait near the garage door on the side opposite the alarm box, whereas if I don't hear the garage opening, assume he's coming through the front and wait there instead. The first thing he does when he comes inside is going to be to turn the alarm off. When he comes through the door, whether I have the element of surprise or not, stick the gun in his face and tell him not to move.

If the place wasn't alarmed: Find the master bedroom and wait behind the door until he walks in, then stick the gun in his face and tell him not to move.

Hopefully the place IS alarmed, because who knows when he's going to go to his bedroom.

Garret takes the assignment other from the man. He slides out of the bar, first hitting up some stores to get supplies. (-$80) (+Large Magnet, Expert Lock-picking Kit) Finding a parking lot nearby, he goes to snatch one of the cars. (5) Son, Garret has a Sedan in his possession.

The car makes it's way uptown towards the designated location. Garret parks it nearby the squat two-story brick home. Stepping out, he looks over the estate. Overall, it looks rather unguarded, whoever lived here wasn't very concerned with home invasions. Garret vaults over a waist-high chain-link fence and heads to the back. He takes out his tools, going to work on a locked door. (3+1) After a few minutes, the door creaks open. Garret ends up in the kitchen, goes into the living room, and finally up the stairs in beyond the front door. The place seems pretty quiet. Garret peers in each upstairs room, until he finally gets to what must be the master bedroom. He goes in, waiting on the wall.

Some time later, the front door opens. Garret hears some footsteps, so he clenches his gun reflexively. (Stealth: 5) A slim man walks into the room, tossing his briefcase on the bed. He puts his hand on his hips, and that's when Garret puts his piece to the boss's head, "Don't move motherfucker." The man raises his arms.

God this is boring.... Some good old fashioned gang warfare will cheer me up.
Look for chains around the pub, if I find any pocket them, then head out to look for more gang spots.

Mason, always being the hyped one, decides to keep on fighting. He looks around for some chains, and finds a bicycle chain outside. (+Bike Chain) He pockets it, then goes to look for some guys to fight. (Scouting Roll: 4) He finds a few Hawkson Boys chilling on a street corner, musing.

calmly go and pick up one of the dockworkers weapons find the guy who stole the gun and beat his face into a bloody pulp until your sure he is dead

alright now that that is done we were looking at taking over this warehouse for use for further smuggling and other stuff but the boss called in some goons which were going to kill him anyway. We need to take the boss back to base and get him to sign over the office.

clean out the office and make sure to get everything then get the boss ready to take back to base and dispose of the dockworkers
"Make sure that fat fuck is alive back at the pub so once I am out of the hospital we can have a polite exchange of opinions..."

After the clean up (finish off the badly wounded, restrain those that are KO and treatable, and be sure to requisition a gun and suitable melee weapon for myself back at the pub) encourage the wounded to go to (or be taken to) different hopsitals. Tell them that I was mugged but managed to escape

In the graveyard of the Warehouse office, Blake picks up a Monkey Wrench. (+Monkey Wrench)He walks up to the guy who had taken Ryan's gun. Blake flips the unconscious man on his back, before hitting him in the face with the wrench 12 times. "He's dead." The bodies are tossed out the window. The unconscious are mostly killed, but a couple are tied up and put on the wall. Blake calls the Dock Workers over, "New job for you guys: Get rid of the bodies, clean this place, watch after the hostages." They agree, but demand they get paid later.

The Boss is restrained and loaded into the back of the Van. With the place secured, all the Syndicate head into the Van and drive off. 2 Footsoldiers are dropped off at clinics, while Ryan goes to a hospital. (-$150, Each will be healed in 3 Turns.)

The remainder of the group drives back to the Pub, with the unconscious Boss in the back...

"Well, damn. Guess that isn't happening right now. I want you two, (points at two level one melee footsoldiers) to get some baseball bats and meet me at (insert name of closest shop here). As for me, I
grab a pistol off the table, and head to the shop

Seeing that his revenge will have to wait, Thomas grabs one of the Pistols off the table. (+ Pistol) He commands two footsoldiers to get bats and then head on over to the nearby gas station.

About ten minutes later, the three of the stand in the parking lot of Quick Fill.

Go visit the used car shop, and while on the way, keep an eye out for potential sources of recruits for the gang.

Dave makes it to the car shop, looking for potential recruits along the way. No good candidates are around at this time of day in this part of town. He goes to the lot, looking at the rides. A salesman walks up to him, "What kind of automobile are you looking out for? We've got Cars, BMWs, Trucks, Vans, Bikes, even a couple Boats."

William shakes his head.
"No, I'm sorry."

William informs the cop that he has no idea. "Alright then, tell me if you see anything suspicious, there are a lot of crazy crooks out these days." He tips his hat and walks off.

William is given a phone call and works his job for the day.

Get Express Treatment for me and Mal

"Express Treatment."

(-$400)

Trent and Mal are moved into beds, where they are quickly pumped fill of drugs and other wonderful things.

(Docks Operation: +$50)

Spoiler: Syndicate (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kings (click to show/hide)

Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: <Syndicate>: Chapter 62: Hospital for Everyone!
« Reply #1232 on: July 18, 2013, 11:26:51 pm »

Pistol whip the back of his head and push him onto the bed, face down. Here's how we're gonna do this: you're gonna tell me where your wallet is, and I'm not gonna blow your head off. Lock the door and unplug and toss the phone, if there is one, while keeping my gun on him. Shoot him low in the leg if he gives me any lip, or tries anything even remotely funny.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: July 19, 2013, 12:21:00 am »

"Here's the plan, you two. I do all the talking, and you try to stay out of the way."

Walk inside, and act casual. Start to small talk the attendant after a while, specifically about all the gang violence. Drop the idea that they might need security, and that I might be able to provide it. If this works, go on a territory expanding spree. If not, then wreck a few things, grab the money in the register, and run Forrest run
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: July 19, 2013, 01:45:51 am »

Open up the laptop and set up a PayPal account with that Credit Card, put the new jewelry up on Craigslist, and add everyone in th gang's phone numbers to the new phone.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

GraveHaunter92

• Bay Watcher
  • All legends are true, few are accurate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: July 19, 2013, 02:43:11 am »

Enjoy the ride
Jesus must have been guiding him in living out the way of the samurai.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: July 19, 2013, 04:20:27 pm »

Chill at the hospiatl for my 3 turns, spending my time looking for contacts, or thievery opportunites
This is a blank sig.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: July 19, 2013, 05:56:14 pm »

Good I like a challenge...
Wrqp the chains around my fist, and then introduce myself "properly"
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: July 19, 2013, 06:40:06 pm »

"Any sedans or vans you have would be nice."

Inspect the selection of sedans and vans.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: July 19, 2013, 06:53:22 pm »

((Waiting for Spinal and Scriptwolf))
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: July 19, 2013, 06:55:53 pm »

((Waiting for Spinal and Scriptwolf))

It hasn't even been 12 hours yet. I start bumping and sending messages out once the thread hits the third page.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: July 19, 2013, 07:19:00 pm »

(( Sorry, that was more of a "I think, therefore I type" thing then a conscious bump ))
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: July 20, 2013, 11:38:16 am »

drag the warehouse owner down into the basement then torture the warehouse owner into signing over the warehouse to me once that is done slowly and painfully kill him. Go out buy acid and dig a pit in the caverns till pit full of acid and dump the owners body into the acid
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: July 20, 2013, 01:59:25 pm »

Head back to the base. Send the others a text/call them.
"We need to talk."

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: <Syndicate>: Chapter 63: Empire Strikes Back
« Reply #1244 on: July 22, 2013, 05:14:23 pm »

Chapter 63: Empire Strikes Back

Pistol whip the back of his head and push him onto the bed, face down. Here's how we're gonna do this: you're gonna tell me where your wallet is, and I'm not gonna blow your head off. Lock the door and unplug and toss the phone, if there is one, while keeping my gun on him. Shoot him low in the leg if he gives me any lip, or tries anything even remotely funny.

Having achieved a position behind the man, Garret smashes the heel of his gun into his skull. (3) He staggers forward, holding his head as Garret pushes him face-down onto the bed. "Here's how we're gonna do this: you're gonna tell me where your wallet is, and I'm not gonna blow your head off." Garret moves back, keeping the gun trained on him with one hand, while he locks the door and shoves the phone off of the desk with the other. The victim responds, "Wallet! It's downstairs on the kitchen counter!"

"Here's the plan, you two. I do all the talking, and you try to stay out of the way."

Walk inside, and act casual. Start to small talk the attendant after a while, specifically about all the gang violence. Drop the idea that they might need security, and that I might be able to provide it. If this works, go on a territory expanding spree. If not, then wreck a few things, grab the money in the register, and run Forrest run

Going for the political route, Thomas walks to the store to the cashier. He brings up topics about the recent violence in town where people have been dying and stores have been getting robbed left and right. (2+1) The cashier nods, "It's bad yeah. But we've got a security system." Thomas nods, "Well, do you have a security system that prevents THIS?!" He pulls out his gun, and points it at the worker. He backs up to the wall, where Thomas then grabs a handful of money out of the open register, and then starts kicking various items through the aisles and smashing in the glass doors for the frozen goods. An alarm begins to go off. Thomas picks up a trash can and chucks it at a large window. It shatters, and he jumps outside. He meets up with his soldiers pretty quickly, "RUN!" (Agility Roll: 1) The whole group manages to get cut off by traffic. The traffic starts to clear, only for a police cruiser to appear in the midst, blaring it's sounds.

Open up the laptop and set up a PayPal account with that Credit Card, put the new jewelry up on Craigslist, and add everyone in th gang's phone numbers to the new phone.

While waiting aorund, Aaron used this slow time to get onto his Laptop and start a Pay Pal account, while he puts the Jewelry up on Craigslist. He also gets everyone in the gang's phone number.

Good I like a challenge...
Wrqp the chains around my fist, and then introduce myself "properly"

Mason wraps the bicycle chains around his fists before confronting the Hawkson Boys. They look up, "What the hell do you want?" Mason walks forward, "Your teeth." (Initiative; Mason vs. Hawkson Boys: 2 vs. 5) While Mason initiates the confrontation, a Hawkson Boy is the one who jumps him first. (4 vs. 3+1) He goes for a swing, but Mason puts his arms up and takes the attack into his forearms rather than his face. (1+1 vs. 3) Mason counter-swings with a chain punch, but the Hawk ducks under him. The other begin to join in on the attack. (1 vs. 4+1) Despite this, Mason keeps them at bay with kicks and fake-out punches. (3 vs. 1) Mason scores a body shot with his regular hand on one of them, and he goes to his knees temporarily. (3 vs. 6+1) One hawk tries jabbing Mason, but Mason takes his arm with one hand, (4 vs. 1) and gives him a chain-punch to the face. He goes down, and Mason smirks, "Told ya'." (4 vs. 5+1) Another one goes after Mason, who blocks the attack, (1+1 vs. 2) and shoves him back. Mason keeps on him, (4 vs. 3) and gives him a chain punch in the hand. He falls on his ass, holding his injured hand. The only uninjured Hawk goes after Mason from behind, (4 vs. 1) and wraps him up in a full nelson! Mason struggles to get out of the hold, (1 vs. 3) but can't make any progress. The Hawk he previously decked in the stomach rises to his feet. (3 vs. 2-1(Restraint Penalty) His revenge punch is a strike to Mason's midsection. (Torso Injury: Bruised) Mason belts out his breath, and tries freeing himself yet again. (5 vs. 4) Finally, he breaks free out of the Hawk's arms. Mason quickly tackles the surprised Hawk in front of him. (6+1 vs. 4) Mason delivers a chain punch to the nose, and hears cratiledge cracking under his knuckles. He's gonna' feel that one tommorow. The Boy flies off his feet and hits the pavement, knocked out. Mason turns around and hits the Hawk who grabbed him earlier with a kick to the ankles. Mason doesn't stop, (5 vs. 4) and gives him a kick to the thigh. He rolls over, moaning.

Someone yells at Mason, "Hey, asshole!" Mason turns around just in time to see the Hawkson Boy with a hurt hand throw a Brick with his good hand. (4 vs. 1) The brick hits Mason in the stomach, and he stumbles to the ground. (Stomach Injury: Heavily Bruised; Pain: 25% of -1 to all actions) Mason gets up as fast as he can, to see the Hawk charging him. (6+1 vs. 2) The Hawk leaps at him, and Mason applies Chain to his face. The Hawk falls to the ground, sprawled out. Mason goes around and gives all the Hawks a few good kicks until they stop resisting and are either knocked out or in too much pain to fight back. Mason shrugs, "Too easy." (3 vs. 2) Out of nowhere, Mason feels something small hit him on the arm. (Right Arm Injury: Bruise) He looks up, and sees a Hawkson Boy with a sling-shot. There were four other Hawks he could see. Now ten. Now fifteen. They just seem to be coming out of the buildings and alleyways all around.

Looks like Mason walked into the Horde.

Enjoy the ride

After being pumped full of drugs, Trent finds himself in Chocolate Unicorn land. He begins stabbing the Marshmallow people with his Switch Blades. (4 vs. 6) They run away and call for Harold the Friendly Dragon. (3+18619 vs. 6) Trent is then lit on fire and melts into bubblegum.

GAME OVER.

Chill at the hospiatl for my 3 turns, spending my time looking for contacts, or thievery opportunites

Ryan spends his hospital hours going on his phone and seeing what he can accomplish. He thinks about robbing the Rackets of other gangs. They'd be better guarded than regular stores, but the Syndicate could simultaneously weaken the finances of their rivals while strengthening their own. All they would have to do is find them and then plan out a job.

"Any sedans or vans you have would be nice."

Inspect the selection of sedans and vans.

Dave is led to the Sedans and Vans sections.

Old Van - $600

Old Sedan - $800

Regular Van - $1000

Regular Sedan - $1200

Cargo Van - $1500

Quick-Start Sedan - $1600

Armored Van - $3000

drag the warehouse owner down into the basement then torture the warehouse owner into signing over the warehouse to me once that is done slowly and painfully kill him. Go out buy acid and dig a pit in the caverns till pit full of acid and dump the owners body into the acid

Blake takes the Warehouse Owner down into the basement of the warehouse, a dark and murky area. After turning the lights on, Blake slaps the boss until he wakes up. Blake asks for the warehouse to be signed over, the Boss refuses. "So, we'll do this the hard way." (Torture vs. Will Rolls: 1 vs. 3-1) Blake slaps him around for a bit, but the boss remains firm. (3 vs. 6-1) Blake takes a wire and starts whipping him, but the Boss continues to scream out that he won't do it. "IT'S MY DAMN WAREHOUSE, FUCK YOURSELF!" (2 vs. 6-1) Blake picks up a folding chair and starts beating the boss, but nothing changes. (4 vs. 2-1) "Well, how about I rip your nuts off then?" The Boss finally agrees.

After getting the paper and a pen, the Boss writes his name down. He looks up, "You'll never get away with this you twat." Blake shrugs, "Pretty sure I will!" He grabs the boss, who is unable to psychically resist at this point, takes off his belt and tightens it around his neck. Still bound in ropes, the man is helpless at the life force is suffocated out of him. While this occurs, Blake looks around to make his next plan. After thinking a bit, his body disposal method won't be that simple. The amount of acid to dissolve a body will cost in the thousands, and digging will require a team of at least two more guys and several hours.

Head back to the base. Send the others a text/call them.
"We need to talk."

William walks away from the cop, before pulling out his phone and texting all the other bosses about a necessary conference. He also works for the day, and finishes his job by the time he hits the pub entrance.

-----

Strip Mall: +$500

Berk and his Expansion force come out of the Mongolian BBQ with their dinner. They idly chat about money, the gang, women, sports, video games, that sort of stuff.

(Awareness Roll: 6)

Berk stops in the middle of the talk. Something feels wrong. "What's wrong?" Asks one of the Footsoldiers. Berk looks at the entrance of the parking lot. A black BMW drives into the lot at an alarming pace. Berk exclaims, "Shit! Take cover!" All of the Syndicate run into the stores, or hide behind the occasional pillars that form the strip mall's foundations. Berk himself runs inside the Mattress shop and ducks beneath the desk. The BMW pulls up to the side, where two windows come down. Suddenly, small arms fire fills the night air. However, the Syndicate was able to find vital cover to defend themselves. (1 vs. 3+1) (5+1 vs. 4+1) The majority of the shots hit nothing, but one footsoldier falls down when a bullet lands in the middle of his foot. The gunfire stops and the BMW rolls away. Out of the corner of his eye, Berk manages to catch a glimpse into the windows, where he sees two men in purple recline into their seats. Vice Lords.

Taking out his phone, Berk sends out an urgent text sending out the above story to all the Kings.

Meanwhile, the civilians in the stores all call for police, some screaming or crying.

Spoiler: Syndicate (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kings (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 02:53:46 pm by TCM »
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 108