Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 108

Author Topic: <Syndicate>: Sequel Preparation - Vote on the Sequel's Location!  (Read 143711 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: <Syndicate>: Chapter 59: Possible Vacation Hiatus
« Reply #1200 on: July 06, 2013, 07:26:07 pm »

((I just got back to internet access today, so the hiatus is actually pretty well-timed for me. Also, I just thought of something- if we keep drawing police attention, perhaps it would be good to have a backup safehouse that we can retreat to in case of a pub raid.))
((Perhaps we could purchase an apartment somewhere? I could use that as my hit-HQ too, in the meantime, which would make it double-useful, as, ideally, I'd have kit stashed there that we could use in an emergency.))

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: July 06, 2013, 07:31:50 pm »

((I just got back to internet access today, so the hiatus is actually pretty well-timed for me. Also, I just thought of something- if we keep drawing police attention, perhaps it would be good to have a backup safehouse that we can retreat to in case of a pub raid.))
((Perhaps we could purchase an apartment somewhere? I could use that as my hit-HQ too, in the meantime, which would make it double-useful, as, ideally, I'd have kit stashed there that we could use in an emergency.))
((Thought the plan was for you to stay seperate from us. Maybe we have two seperate apartments in the same building? That way they stay seperate))
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #1202 on: July 06, 2013, 08:31:46 pm »

((Thought the plan was for you to stay seperate from us. Maybe we have two seperate apartments in the same building? That way they stay seperate))
((I mean the actual business. I won't be bringing bodies or contacts there, its just a place to hang out when I've got nothing to do. But perhaps you're right. The safehouse would be more useful if I didn't have to be careful about what I brought there.))

GraveHaunter92

• Bay Watcher
  • All legends are true, few are accurate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: July 07, 2013, 12:32:57 am »

((I mean the actual business. I won't be bringing bodies or contacts there, its just a place to hang out when I've got nothing to do. But perhaps you're right. The safehouse would be more useful if I didn't have to be careful about what I brought there.))
((A second safe house idea sounds cool to me.  We could use some of the money we've been bringing in to buy some place in the neighborhood my Knight is taking over, or we could even try to get some place near the docks we're taking over.  We could also see if it's FINALLY safe to go back to that church, but I personally think the place is kind of cursed))
Jesus must have been guiding him in living out the way of the samurai.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: <Syndicate>: Chapter 60: Back in Action
« Reply #1204 on: July 09, 2013, 11:14:48 pm »

Chapter 60: Back in Action

Depends. Have him sit down with me in a private booth. I don't do accidents, and I don't clean up afterward. I hurt people. Find out the details of his task.

Garret explains his terms of business to the man in the bar. He shrugs, "There are a lot of crackheads and psychos out here, so long as the authorities don't trace it back to you or me, it'll just look like a robbery or something." He leans in, "It's my boss. He's an asshole, but that's not why I want you to hit him. At work, he's got this safe, and it has a lot of money in it. I've seen it. I overheard that he keeps the combination in his wallet. I need that combination. I figure, you get me that combination, however you want, then I can get to the safe and we'll split cash 50-50 before the cops even arrive. Sound good?"

Trent rises up from the ground and glares at the man bleeding out on the ground before looking back at the crowd of youths.
"Looks like you people don't belong to anyone anymore.  So, do any of you feel like working in a real crew?"

Trent walks back to the pub.  If he is successful in getting any of the recruits to join him then he takes them with him to introduce them to the rest of the gang.  Either way, he get's something for that Bruise of his from Fyfe.

Trent comes off of his victim and looks to the surrounding crowd. "Looks like you people don't belong to anyone anymore.  So, do any of you feel like working in a real crew?" They all leave Trent, intimidated and scared of his power. That is, except for one boy curious to see the gang. He disappears inside his place and comes out, "Hey, had to go stock up on heat. Where are we going?"

Notable Recruits:

Zet: 2 Clubs, 1 Sub-Machine Guns

Trent walks with Zet back to the pub, leading him downstairs. As he gets checked out by Fyfe, Zet looks around; "So, what do you guys do exactly?"

"What, you think a few hawksons are going to get the better of me, meet you guys back at the pub"
Send the above text, go back to the pub while whistiling happily.

Mason whistles happily after sending a group text about his success. When he gets to the pub, he sees Trent walk in with someone new.

call out to the dock workers and ready a grenade to throw at them and ready my side arm

why work for this fat fuck ? How much is he paying you ? I bet it's not enough. Join us and become part of something better you have brought a knife to a fun fight and there are more of us on the way there is no sense in good men like you having to die  we could use you in our group the pay is much better.
It was time for Ryan to get loud and angry.

"IF ANY OF YOU FUCKERS EVEN SO MUCH AS THINKS ABOUT MAKING A HOSTILE MOVE THIS FAT FUCKS BRAINS WILL COAT THE WALLS... THEN WE START ON YOU - OR AS MY MORE REASONABLE COMRADE STATES YOU COULD WORK FOR US. WE WERE HERE TO DISCUSS A PEACEFUL TAKEOVER, BUT YOUR BOSS WANTED TO ESCALATE THINGS. SO BE IT. WHATS YOUR CHOICE..."

Get ready to unleash the hyperviolence.

Ryan and Blake hold the warehouse owner hostage while negotiating with his workers. Using a lot of yelling. The two footsoldier attempt to look tough in front of the eight dock workers. One of them finally speaks up in the tense moment, "Kill him! If he dies, then we get the warehouse!" The boss, even with a gun to his head, responds with, "Are you fucking mad! Help me!"

The workers appear to ignore him as another one goes, "And we ain't scare of you two either! We outnumber you and one of your lot is already down!" He points to the wounded Syndicate member recently shot by the warehouse owner. They all seem to be grunting and nodding in agreement. Suddenly, one of them goes for the injured member.

(6 vs. 4)

He gets kicked in the face, knocking him out cold. The rest advance on Ryan and Blake.

Syndicate:
Ryan
Blake
3 Footsoldiers (1 Unconscious)
Reinforcements incoming! (2 Turns)

VS.

Dock Workers:
8 Dock Workers

Aaron bursts into the pub, running downstairs and laying Mal out on a table, before sending an urget text message to Ryan and Fyfe.

Shit, I need Fyfe/you here NOW. Mal's been fuckin' injured bad, and he's only halfway conscious.

Before Fyfe can heal up Trent, Aaron busts into the downstairs room, and tosses Mal onto the table. She rushes over, as Aaron explains that Mal has got injured badly. "Right, give me some space!" (3) She looks him over, but doesn't seem to be making much progress. "It is bad, it would help a lot if I could get some decent medical supplies in here!"

Leave.

William leaves the angry pawn shop owner.

As he looks for around, he spots a police officer walking towards him, "Excuse me sir! I'd like to talk to you."

-----

Dock Operation: +$50

Name: Thomas Marshall
Last Occupation: Politician

Appearance: A normal looking man, with a gleam in his eye.
Biography: Born in America, Thomas ran for Congress multiple times using training from his dad, who had been a Senator. He immigrated to Licheville after a scandal that he prefers not to talk about.

Initial Major Skill: Persuasion
Initial Minor Skills: Bluff, Bribe
Inventory: Swiss Army Knife, Cellphone

A rather dashing and important looking young-fellow enters the underground section of the pub. Everyone always notices when a new boss comes, but this time it's different; no one whose joined has come from such a high-class background before. One of the footsoldiers mutters, "Holy shit, isn't that..."

Thomas Marshall has joined the Syndicate!

Spoiler: Syndicate (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kings (click to show/hide)

Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #1205 on: July 10, 2013, 12:00:46 am »

Glower menacingly. And what if he doesn't have the combination, what if it isn't in his wallet, how will I get paid? Once we get past that pertinent question.. Where does he work? Doing it at his workplace, in his office, would be the simplest. Its private, and I'd be able to retrieve the money at the same time and get out before anyone gets up the nerve to bother him, if he really is as much of a prick as you say. When does he get in? When is he busiest?

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: July 10, 2013, 01:20:35 am »

throw the grenade into the dock workers, cooking the grenade very well so that there is no time to escape for maximum damage

Also start shooting the fuckers
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: July 10, 2013, 09:18:48 am »

"Yes, it is. Now then, are any of you good at hacking? I think I have a job for you..." Look for any footsoldiers with hacking skill. If I find one, ask him to dig up dirt on Leonard P. Wheatland, Democrat  extraordinaire. Meanwhile, learn the history of the Syndicate. Also learn the other king's phone numbers

((Thank god that's done. Posting from iPad in Philly, in a rented house.))
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 09:33:54 pm by Playergamer »
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: July 10, 2013, 09:36:45 am »

Mason nods towards Thomas then heads down to the others to observe the comings and goings.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: July 10, 2013, 09:52:42 am »

"Well, I ain't goin' back out there. The cops know who I am. I can either take care of him as best I can while you run out and get some supplies, or you'll have to make do."
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

GraveHaunter92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: July 10, 2013, 10:25:46 am »

(to Zet)
"Whatever we want really.  Some of us guys like running protection rackets, a few others sell drugs, and some of us just like to fight.  Whatever it is we do, we all consider ourselves a part of a team.  So if you think you can work as part of a team, and you don't mind getting your hands dirty, then you're welcome to stay."
(When Aaron and Mal come in)
"CHRIST what happened to you two!?  Fuck making do, why don't you just let me and Doug drive Mal to a clinic?  I got a bruise myself, we can just tell them we got mugged."
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 10:28:39 am by GraveHaunter92 »

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: July 10, 2013, 10:37:40 am »

"That'd be the best for now. I guess I'll just hang out here for now."

He just hangs out for now.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: July 10, 2013, 10:41:43 am »

call over phone

shit guys we really need help shit is going down at the docks we need backup !!!
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

GraveHaunter92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: July 10, 2013, 11:54:33 am »

Get Mal in Va-
call over phone

shit guys we really need help shit is going down at the docks we need backup !!!
"Blake?  What the fuck's going on!?"

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: July 10, 2013, 03:17:56 pm »

Well... Shit.
"Yes, officer?"
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 108