Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 108

Author Topic: <Syndicate>: Sequel Preparation - Vote on the Sequel's Location!  (Read 143811 times)

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
Re: <Syndicate>: Chapter 50: Popularity and Plans
« Reply #1080 on: April 18, 2013, 12:07:55 pm »

Fyfe I could use - both as a medic where we could teach each other, and as a second pair of hands in the soon to be running lab.
This is a blank sig.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: April 18, 2013, 05:27:48 pm »

Doug and Berk seem like I'd be able to teach them. Have them meet me where we're keeping those prisoners.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 05:37:20 pm by Spinal_Taper »

GraveHaunter92

• Bay Watcher
  • All legends are true, few are accurate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: April 19, 2013, 01:53:06 am »

Ok, let me see if I have this in order...

Me: Berk
Mason: Paul, Sean, Jonah
Aaron: Mal
Ryan: Fyfe
William: Doug

This way everyone that said they could use a Knight will at least have one to work with.  I grouped Paul, Sean, and Jonah together because they all seem to want to work on the same projects.  If there was another King who wanted to be responsible for looking after a Knight then I suppose he can take one of Mason's.

So unless anyone has any objections I'll have the men knighted, give each of them their respective King's phone number, and tell them to get to work.  Oh and I''l tell Doug to go help you with the prisoners William, but I'd prefer it if I looked after Berk.  His ideas for expanding the Syndicate's territory struck a cord with me and I'd like to help him get started ASAP
Are we all cool with this?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 01:55:38 am by GraveHaunter92 »
Jesus must have been guiding him in living out the way of the samurai.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: <Syndicate>: Chapter 51: More Contacts
« Reply #1083 on: April 20, 2013, 08:17:19 pm »

Chapter 51: More Contacts

Keep exploring!

Alex, having defeated more Vice Lords, decides to reward himself by snooping around more in their territory. (2) He finds a bunch of people walking around apartments, buildings and stores. Nothing interesting on this street right now.

Reply, saying that I'd like at least 45 for it. THEN, go wander the alleys for more places to rob.

Aaron raises the princes on his PSP sale before wandering the back alleyways. (4) Walking down one, he finds a non-descript guy in his 20's.

Hmm this could work to my favor..
Look for a window next to the bar and the drinks, look if any nearby stores store matches.

Mason looks for a window into the pub. There are windows, but the inside of the place is so dark he can't tell what or who they're near too.

He then goes to a nearby convince store and looks at the matches. Five pounds for a pack of 20.

"You are forever indebted to me."
Go to the prisoners. Have a chat that involves them giving information, and a knife.

William goes downstairs to have a nice chat between him, the Cobardi prisoners and his butterfly knife. (Charm: Related Skill - Intimidation; Level 2, Roll:3) Despite the butterfly knife having a lot to talk about, all William gets is that they were sent out to attack the mattress shop by superiors. 

"Nobody minds if I spend some petty cash, right?"

Head off to aquire the easily obtainable goods from local shops (Salt, vinegar, alcohol, tubing, basic glassware). Use mail order lab supply companies for the more tricky stuff (Lithium, more advanced glassware, preservatives). If anyone asks, I am a chem teacher new to the area.

Ryan goes off to the store to acquire the basics for cooking, and sends mail orders for the trickier stuff. It takes a sizable amount out of the treasury, (-$150) but will be enough to make in a lot of meth when the process starts. The mail order stuff should come in (3 turns).

go down to  head down to Brightson Apartment on Lake-view Street, Room 314 and ask them about what they have. Also look into smuggling and selling explosives my self and getting in on that business.

Blake takes the task of heading into the city to find the location given to him. As he walks through, he becomes quickly acquainted with the rustic, urban city. Within an hour, he arrives. He knocks on the door, and a muscular, mustached man opens it. Jake states, "I'm here for plastics." The man nods and opens the door. Blake notices in one of his hands, he is wielding a pistol.

As the door closes behind him, Blake looks around the room. The walls are white, but the light in the room produces a strong orange reflection on them. Strewn around the room are packages, guns, melee weapons, growing pot plants and wads of money. On the couch in the middle of the room is a reclining man with dreadlocks, and a pair of glasses. "Welcome," he says in a notably Jamaican accent, "to my home. You want plastic? We'll hook you up. Grenades, C4, IED, Sodium, whatever you want son. I am Imari, and this," he motions to his guard, "is my friend, P. What is yours?"

Head on back and start a new training session on knife fighting, training them with my new knowledge.

With more knife training, Dave trains about knives. (2) The class soon devolves into an argument about whether stilettos or butterfly knives are better.

"Well it sounds like you guys have a lot of this figured out already, and so far I like some of your ideas..."
"Tell ya what, give me some time to get in contact with the other Kings so we can work out exactly how we want to handle this..."

SEND FOLLOWING TEXT MESSAGE TO ALL KINGS
Hey guys, I have been working out some internal affairs with Berk and he argues that the Gang could get a lot more work done if we promoted some of our older members to Knights.

Berk wants to be a Knight and he'll expand our territory and look after the Mattress Shop
Doug wants to be a Knight and he'll pimp our cars
Paul, Sean, and Jonah want to be Knights and they'll train our footsoldiers how to fight in a melee
Mal wants to be a Knight and he'll teach our men in firearms, look after our guns, and coordinate missions for us
Fyfe wants to be a Knight and she'll handle our  medical affairs

What I'm thinking is this; they've pretty much proven that they're competent to take care of work on their own but we should still make sure things stay organized.
I can have them all knighted, but I think we should have each Knight be assigned to a King who can look after them and make sure their operations are going smoothly.  I'll take up Berk as a Knight if any of you guys want to take up any of the others as Knights.

What do you all think?

Trent sends a text to all the other Kings. They seem to agree with the plan.

------

A squadron of members from the Lou Shang come into the hidden part of the Pub. "Greetings, we're here to speak with William. Also, was that you guys on the news at that burned down bar?"

Spoiler: Syndicate (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kings (click to show/hide)

Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: April 20, 2013, 09:48:13 pm »

Continue training, then ask if anyone knows anything about vehicle maintenance.

((Going to get my own knight here, or at least try.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: April 21, 2013, 01:10:37 am »

AARON PAAAWNCH!
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: April 21, 2013, 02:29:55 am »

With Fyfe assistance, set up what we already have while waiting for the rest, and tutor Fyfe in the finer points so he could take over if needed.

Fire? What fire? ;)
This is a blank sig.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: April 21, 2013, 02:32:23 am »

Keep scouting for a bit, then return to base if nothing interesting is found.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

GraveHaunter92

• Bay Watcher
  • All legends are true, few are accurate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: April 21, 2013, 03:15:05 am »

Quote from: Doomblade187 link=topic=116046.msg4191678#msg4191678 date=
Continue training, then ask if anyone knows anything about vehicle maintenance.

((Going to get my own knight here, or at least try.))

((OK then.  I'll take up Doug for now then, but if your thing doesn't work out we can probably just reassign Doug to you later if you still wanted to have a knight))

Gather up all the men who were looking to become a Knight and take them to the rooftop of the pub.  Explain to them all that the Kings have decided that they deserve a promotion after all that they've done for the gang.  Assign each Knight as follows:
Berk is my Knights
Paul, Sean, and Jonah are Mason's Knights
Mal is Aaron's Knight
Doug is Dave's Knight
and Fyfe is Ryan's Knight

Tell them they should all be proud of their new positions, and should they need any help with their current operations that they ought to contact and work with their respective Kings.  Proceed to give them the phone numbers of all the kings and try to answer any questions they might have.

After that's all taken care of, ask Doug and Berk to stay behind so we can discuss the operations they plan on doing involving our cars and our territorial expansion
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 01:06:39 am by GraveHaunter92 »
Jesus must have been guiding him in living out the way of the samurai.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: April 21, 2013, 04:23:32 am »

Realising he had no money in his pockets.
Mason quietly puts the matches in his pockets and then looks around for a few more minutes, before heading out.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: April 21, 2013, 02:42:38 pm »

"Hello Imari my name is Blake Jessop"

ask Imari what he deals in and inquire if him and the gang can make a deal and work together on business. As well buy some grenades, also inquire if be will buy things from us or sell things for us

Send a text message to the kings
I have found us a contact to buy and well things from
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: April 22, 2013, 06:45:55 pm »

William heads out to greet them with a warm expression on his face. Though the prisoners had disappointed, hopefully, these emissaries would have more helpful information.
"Hello, it's a pleasure. May I ask why you've come here? How did your request go?"

((I was under the impression Doug was Williams to take care of.))
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 08:43:18 pm by Spinal_Taper »

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: April 22, 2013, 06:52:33 pm »

William heads out to greet them with a warm expression on his face. Though the prisoners had disappointed, hopefully, these emissaries would have more helpful information.
"Hello, it's a pleasure to meet you. May I ask why you've come here?"

Whom are you talking to?
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: April 22, 2013, 06:55:55 pm »

Whom are you talking to?
((The Lou Shang.))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: April 22, 2013, 07:11:54 pm »

Whom are you talking to?
((The Lou Shang.))

It's just that he said "It's a pleasure to meet you," but these are the same guys who gave him the mission. Sorry if I didn't make that clear.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 108