Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 108

Author Topic: <Syndicate>: Sequel Preparation - Vote on the Sequel's Location!  (Read 144055 times)

wsoxfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: <Syndicate>: Chapter 31.1: Stealthiness
« Reply #795 on: December 16, 2012, 09:11:37 pm »

"Right. I'll scout it out(*next turn), with another king and four foot soldiers. Also guys, we have to stop picking fights with other gangs until we can actually beat their gang in a fight. And Will, since it appears that we won't be able to talk diplomatically with other gangs for a while, you should recruit us more members."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: December 16, 2012, 09:32:38 pm »

"I can go do that now if you'd like. Got nothing else to do. My opinion though, having us all in the one spot is just asking for trouble. I say say we split up into several groups, each keeping a different operation afloat. Fair plan?"
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: December 16, 2012, 09:36:07 pm »

"Will do. And that sounds like a good idea. But, look, if we hear about anyone unsatisfied in their ranks, tell me, I may be able to sew a little dissention.

And as of now, it seems, to me atleast the best way to avoid getting hurt is to avoid the hurt all together. Let's lay low for a bit, huh? I think I'll be shutting down my avenues of revanue for now. No need for attention."

GraveHaunter92

• Bay Watcher
  • All legends are true, few are accurate
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: December 16, 2012, 09:55:36 pm »

Ok then, it sounds like we've got a decent plan now.  Recruit, train, and lay low until we're ready to fuck up this Bacardi Family.  There are two things I want to talk about before we end our meeting though.
1.  How much do we want to tell the rest of the gang about our plans?  I'm worried that if we told them that the other gangs were teaming up against us then they might freak out and try to run off like that Paul guy did.  Should we hold off on informing the rest of the gang about our plans to lay low until we're absolutely ready?
2.  Also, do we want to do anything about the Bacardi bringing in reinforcements?  I feel like if we know about this ahead of time then we should do something about it.  Maybe set up an ambush, or tip off a cop that's not crooked.  Any thoughts?
Jesus must have been guiding him in living out the way of the samurai.

wsoxfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: December 16, 2012, 10:33:32 pm »

"I can go do that now if you'd like. Got nothing else to do. My opinion though, having us all in the one spot is just asking for trouble. I say say we split up into several groups, each keeping a different operation afloat. Fair plan?"
"United we Stand, Divided we fall. We will live together or die together."

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: December 16, 2012, 11:29:55 pm »

2.  Also, do we want to do anything about the Bacardi bringing in reinforcements?  I feel like if we know about this ahead of time then we should do something about it.  Maybe set up an ambush, or tip off a cop that's not crooked.  Any thoughts?
Also, do we want to do anything about the Bacardi bringing in reinforcements?
about the Bacardi
Bacardi

"Dude. They're Mafiosos. Not ALCOHOL. Anyway, I'll just follow your plans, guys."

Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

wsoxfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: December 16, 2012, 11:38:59 pm »

1.  How much do we want to tell the rest of the gang about our plans?  I'm worried that if we told them that the other gangs were teaming up against us then they might freak out and try to run off like that Paul guy did.  Should we hold off on informing the rest of the gang about our plans to lay low until we're absolutely ready?
"So they can simply be pissed off that we withheld this information? No. We'll be honest. They knew exactly what they were signing up for, and we need to get them ready."
[/quote]
"We can't do Jack Shit about these reinforcements. An ambush, assuming we won't take horrendous, un-affordable casualties, will result in us being investigated, probably leading the cops to those four burnt bodies again. Tipping off a cop will simply result in the mafia realizing that we have infiltrated them. Instead, we wait. We'll let them come to us on our terms."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: December 17, 2012, 12:40:42 am »

"Thing is, we're not military personnel. That kind of thing isn't going to fly, especially around the hawksons. Besides, the united thing can be pretty loose. Information technology makes co-ordination of our separate groups viable."

GraveHaunter92

• Bay Watcher
  • All legends are true, few are accurate
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: December 17, 2012, 12:48:30 am »

"So they can simply be pissed off that we withheld this information? No. We'll be honest. They knew exactly what they were signing up for, and we need to get them ready."
"We can't do Jack Shit about these reinforcements. An ambush, assuming we won't take horrendous, un-affordable casualties, will result in us being investigated, probably leading the cops to those four burnt bodies again. Tipping off a cop will simply result in the mafia realizing that we have infiltrated them. Instead, we wait. We'll let them come to us on our terms."
[/quote]

Well they seem a bit skittish to me, but if you think they can handle it then go right ahead but I don't see what good it'll do.  It's not like we weren't going to be preparing them for what's coming anyways, seems like this will just give them a new thing to be all nervous about.
And we don't have to ambush or tip off a cop about the Baca- er Cobari?  But we don't have to just ignore what they're up to either.  That's a valuable piece of information we got, I suggest we do something with it.
((haha I didn't realize I was calling them Bacardi till after I did my posts))
Jesus must have been guiding him in living out the way of the samurai.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: December 17, 2012, 03:34:51 pm »

"No need to attack, of course. We just need to learn about them, and learn what they're doing. That way, we can stay out of the way of anything they try."

wsoxfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: December 17, 2012, 04:42:01 pm »

((new turn soon? Or can I scout out the Church now?))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: December 17, 2012, 04:44:19 pm »

((new turn soon? Or can I scout out the Church now?))

The majority needs to come to an agreement, and put out the new governing system for the Syndicate. Then new turn.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: December 17, 2012, 04:53:45 pm »

Or a dictator :P

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: December 17, 2012, 05:27:55 pm »

((I'll do it! No, but seriously. Democracy or dictatorship or something else?))

This sounds good guys, but we still need to figure out how we're going to lead ourselves.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

wsoxfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: December 17, 2012, 05:29:08 pm »

"Alright guys. So what leadership hierarchy do we want? Dictatorship, or Democracy? Vote now. I vote for Democracy."
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 108