Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 108

Author Topic: <Syndicate>: Sequel Preparation - Vote on the Sequel's Location!  (Read 144206 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: <Syndicate>: Chapter 23: Melodrama
« Reply #510 on: November 19, 2012, 06:17:06 pm »

Chapter 23: Melodrama

Stab any cops coming at us. If anyone tries to bolt, cop or Syndicate, make sure they don't.
Grab the new guy's and tell them to disable but not kill the cops, attack the cops myself with my sword, split into 2 groups and come at your target from all sides, use whatever weapons you have to hand.
Alexs heads up to see what all the fecking fuss is about.
Peering through the pubs windows, Dave saw the brawl. Thinking quickly, he pulled his knife, dashing into the pub and going after the leader.
Move out of conflict, get ready to tackle anyone that tries to run. If I see someone having trouble with a cop, tackle the cop

The brawl continues. William backs into the corner of the bar, clutching his Butterfly Knife. Jackson backs out of the fight to stand by the front door. Lucas runs to the newly arrived men and quickly explains the situation, through yelling, while Alex comes upstairs and Dave immediately busts through the door.

Dave goes into a dead sprint at the police leader before doing a jump with his combat knife clutched in one hand like a jungle fighter. (1 vs. 3) The police leader grabs him mid-flight, slams him onto the ground, (4+1 vs. 5) and thrusts his taser at Dave's neck. Dave does a split-second dodge and moves his neck so that the taser jams into the floor. Lucas sees his opportunity and charges at the cop from behind with his Katana. (2+1 vs. 1) Lucas passes by cop and slices into his wrist. He drops the taser. Dave follows this up by picking his knife back up and stabbing at the cop, (1 vs. 3) who grabs his knife. (2 vs. 6) Dave pries the knife out of the cop's hands.

Meanwhile on the other side of the room, Berk points the gun at the young cop again and fires. (3 vs. 4) He misses several shots. The young cop, bleeding, jumps up and tackles Berk. (2 vs. 2) He runs into him and bounces off. Four extra gangsters comes at the young cop with their clubs while Berk reloads the pistol. (4 vs. 6) One swings, but the cop pulls out his baton and counters, (3 vs. 5) with more missed swings. Of the three new gangsters, one runs forward and dives for Mal's dropped gun. (6 vs. 5) The young cop sees this coming but has no time to react as the gangster picks it up, points it at the cop, pulls the trigger, (4 vs. 6) and shoots the bar. The young cop runs for the back exits, but is intercepted by the Doug and Mal's second group.  (6 vs. 5) One punches the cop straight in the nose. The cop falls downward, clutching his bleeding appendage. By this point, Berk has the pistol ready again and fires, (5 vs. 2-1) into the young cop's goddamn face. He stops moving.

The leader stands back up between Lucas behind him and Dave in front of him. Lucas swings first while he still has the directional advantage, (4+1 vs. 2) and slashes the cop in the bag of his left leg. He curses and falls to a knee. Dave continues the assault by flashily throwing his knife up, catching it in a backhand grip, and thrusting it downwards. (1 vs. 6) The cop easily grabs the knife out of Dave's hands, (2 vs. 6) which Dave grabs back. "Stop grabbing my knife!" The policeman struggles to an unbalanced stand. "I promise, I'll have all of you either dead or executed!" Lucas slashes again while admiring his opponent's tenacity, (1+1 vs. 3) and nearly cuts off his head, missing by a few hairs. The policeman lunges at Lucas with his taser, (6+1 vs. 1) and it goes straight into his neck, and keeps holding onto him. And keeps holding onto him. And keeps holding onto him. A half-second later, everyone in the damn bar is pinning fort the cop, but he's done his damage. Lucas drops his Katana and falls to the ground. He doesn't start convulsing. But he feels like something wrong. Really wrong. (Cardiac Arrest: I think someone might want to check this out.)

Berk fires his gun off. (2 vs. 6) The shot is off. Dave reaches the cop next from behind and tries the old army CQC. (1 vs. 3+1) The cop elbows him back, (3+1 vs. 1) which knocks the wind out of Dave. A group of gangsters charge the cop, (3 vs. 4) but he fends them off, (4 vs. 1) and starts pounding/tasing the shit out of them, watching them crumple. The club guards are next to fight, (3 vs. 5+1) but before they get to him the guard picks bottles off a nearby table and chucks them. (5 vs. 6) Well, he's not as good of a thrower as he is a taser, and each of the cop's bottles misses their targets. Dave slashes at the guard from behind again. (5+1 vs. 1) He slashes the guard across the side of his neck. He starts gurgling blood and Dave shoves him down. "Take that pig!"

Casualty Report So Far:

Cops:
1 Hit in the head with a bottle. Unconscious.
1 One thrown into a support beam, shot in the ear, punched in the nose and shot in the face. Unconscious.
1 Punched in the face, slashed across the leg, and bleeding out the side of his neck. Gurgling and bleeding out.

Lucas & Friends:
6 Gangsters Recovering From Being Tased
Mal unconscious from being Tased badly.
Doug shot in the arm by friendly fire.
Dave elbowed in the chest.

Also, Lucas HAVING A GODDAMN HEART ATTACK.

Fyfe and her assistant have to choose between saving Lucas and the police man. They choose Lucas. Fyfe feels his pulse. "He's unconscious and unresponsive! Go get the defibrillator now!" Her assistant runs downstairs as Fyfe starts applying CPR and mouth-to-mouth with Lucas. The rest of the crowd, including William, the bartender, and Alex, all start staring at Fyfe and Lucas.

Except Paul & Sean, who didn't even assist in the fighting. Paul sighs and declares, "Fuck this. I didn't sign up deal with this." Both of them step over a body and head for the front door. Jackson looks up at them. "And where are you two going?" (2+1 vs. 4) Paul throws his fist at Jackson but Jackson blocks it, (6 vs. 1) and punches Paul in the face and knocks him the fuck out. As Jackson watches Paul fall to the floor, Sean's already dashed out the door. Jonah and his partner sitting on the stairs of the pub watch Sean hit the floor and run away. Jonah turns to his man and asked, "Maybe something's happening in their air?"

Fyfe's assistant runs up to Lucas and immediately tries the defibrillator on him. Fyfe yells, "Come on! Come on!" (2+4+1=7/3=2) "NO!"

------------------

Lucas's eyes snap back open. He's lying in the middle of a street somewhere. It's dark, there's water running in a gutter near him. As he gets to his feet, a man in a coat comes by him. Lucas instinctively calls out, "Who are you?!" The man grins. "I'm Tom Millsworth. Or you can just call me 'Steelman'." Lucas scratches his head. "Steelman? But he got killed-" Tom shushes Lucas. "I know. Just follow me." He turns his back and walks down the dark street. Lucas follows.

-----------------

The bar is silent. Fyfe, Berk, & Doug let out a sob occasionally, but besides that there isn't a sound. Lucas stares straight up into the ceiling, as if he can see through it into the stars. Near Lucas is the leader of the cops, his eyes fixated on the back door, unmoving. A red pool steadily grows larger beneath him. The other two cops lie on their backs, unconscious.

Lucas Wang is Dead.

Soon, all the soldiers in the room turn their heads to William, Alex and Dave. Fyfe, still teary-eyed, whispers the question everyone is thinking; "What now?"

Inquire about the job.

Fuck melodrama deaths, IT'S CRATE TIME.

Aaron asks the captain (whom he know's is the captain because he's in a nice suit and everything) about the job. "Well, we're almost set." He points to the boxes on the ground. "Take those," and he points to the ramps connecting the ship to land, "up those, and set them in the storage area. You'll know where it is because there's many crates there."

Pen, Eye, Run, make it happen.

It's not just the bar where the Syndicate are getting beat up.

Mason unclicks his pen and dashes to an edge of the circle. (1-1 vs. 3) As he lifts his pen and points it at a Hawkson Boy eye, he is seized by hip pain and falls to the ground. In the throes of pain, the Hawkson boys stomp on Mason. (2 vs. 3) Mason is able to deflects their blows as he gets to his knees. He thrusts at a body with his pen, (1-1 vs. 2) but falls again because life is pain. He is now in a perfect vulnerable situation to be stomped. (1+1 vs. 1-1) He is kicked around a bit. Not hard, but in a lot of places. As he comes to his senses, Mason grabs his pen and thrusts at some ankles. (2 vs. 4) He does not manage to stab anything but loose pieces of pants. (1 vs. 1) Mason stands up as someone hits him with an ineffective glancing blow. "I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF THESE MOTHERFUCKING HAWKSON BOYS IN THIS MOTHERFUCKING GANG." (6 vs. 1) Activating B.A.M.F. mode, Mason starts cutting a hole straight through the Hawks. One is stabbed in the eye, another punched in the kick, another kneed in the balls, another elbowed in the face, another stabbed in the next. As Hawks drop around him and others back off to not get stabbed, Mason makes a break for it through the hole. (4+1 vs. 1) He goes into a fast sprint down the street before the Hawks even start running. Mason sees a chance to escape at a four-way stop. He dashes during the red light, and is passed the street by the time the green light is gone. As the Hawkson Boys arrive at the stop, a flurry of cars dashes across the street, blocking their pass. The Hawkson Boys yell threats and jeers at Mason, but their voice eventually fades away.

"fecking good enough. I'll go through the files to see if there's any information which can be held against said buisness owner. After that, I'll buy myself a drink. At this point, I've earned it.

Jason looks through the files on the computer. (4) It looks like this business is talking to a stock exchange about a death tax. Sounds suspicious. Excited by these results, Jason busts through the bar door. "Guess who just!-" A million eyes glare at him as he spots bodies lying everywhere, "-walked in at a bad time!" He exits the bar and slams the doors shut.

Spoiler: Syndicate (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kings (click to show/hide)
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: November 19, 2012, 06:23:29 pm »

(( Hang on a moment.

Dave goes into a dead sprint at the police leader before doing a jump with his combat knife clutched in one hand like a jungle fighter. (1 vs. 3) The police leader grabs him mid-flight, slams him onto the ground, (4+1 vs. 5) and thrusts his taser at Dave's neck. Dave does a split-second dodge and moves his neck so that the taser jams into the floor. Lucas sees his opportunity and charges at the cop from behind with his Katana. (2+1 vs. 1) Lucas passes by cop and slices into his wrist. He drops the taser. Dave follows this up by picking his knife back up and stabbing at the cop, (1 vs. 3) who grabs his knife. (2 vs. 6) Dave pries the knife out of the cop's hands.

How did he stab me with something he's already dropped and never hand a chance to pick back up?
All he had to hit me with was his fist :P and even a 6+1 ain't an instant kill with one punch. ))
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 06:40:27 pm by mesor »

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: November 19, 2012, 06:39:02 pm »

William stared down at the body of Lucas for a moment before looking up and around at the others. He sighs.
"...  It's going to be difficult, but mourning later. We have to figure out what to do with these cops. He may have died, but it's not worth losing the rest of us."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: November 19, 2012, 06:53:41 pm »

"...Right, Get the cop patched up immediately, We don't need the shitstorm a dead cop will bring. Someone go call for an ambulance while we're waiting as well.

Someone go get the others into the back while they recover from the taser shocks, and put the cadaver in the back as well. I want a few of you to go get the two runaways and bring them back here, unhurt. And I need someone to clean up this mess.

You know what you have to do, GET ONTO IT!"

Give the above orders.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: November 19, 2012, 06:57:50 pm »

(( Dude a cop is already dead and now you want to let two more leave after a huge fight with them? You'll all be dead or under arrest inside of 5 turns. ))

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: November 19, 2012, 07:01:25 pm »

((Well, it's better than the two turns you lasted :B ))

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: November 19, 2012, 07:01:53 pm »

((O.K. I know I should be sad now, but HOW THE HELL DID I SURVIVE!))
"Who's the ninja, I'm the ninja boo yah!"
To Base, ignore tragedy, nap.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: November 19, 2012, 07:05:20 pm »

"Let's make sure no cops get out."
Make sure no cops leave.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: November 19, 2012, 07:10:31 pm »

You could get them to pin the blame on a rival gang to get the police onto them.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: November 19, 2012, 07:12:29 pm »

"Look, one's bleeding out, and the other two are out cold. I don't think they'll be going anywhere on their own power."

((Could do, but this happens to be our bloody main base. I'm tempted to kill the idiots that plotted to ring the cops right to our front step.))

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: November 19, 2012, 07:22:28 pm »

((TCM: Activating B.A.M.F. mode, Mason starts cutting a hole straight through the Hawks. One is stabbed in the eye, another punched in the kick, another kneed in the balls, another elbowed in the face, another stabbed in the next. As Hawks drop around him and others back off to not get stabbed, Mason makes a break for it through the hole.

Punched in the kick? That sounds hard to do, but extremely awkward anyway.))

Standing up, Dave looked around, sighing. Why did people have to die so soon? Gritting his teeth, he started shouting orders to the footmen still standing. "Take the cops, kill them with Mal's gun if they aren't dead after getting info out of them, and carry them towards that gang's turf over that way! Take a car if you can, if you can't, then steal one and dump it there. Wear gloves." he shouted, pointing the way he knew the Hellriders had gone when he saw them. He then stalked out the door with the men he was working with, shouting "Two people, get the runaway!"

Send two foot soldiers to follow Sean, but I go along with the body crew, doing the car-stealing if necessary.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 07:39:34 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: November 19, 2012, 07:49:28 pm »

Inquire about the job.

Fuck melodrama deaths, IT'S CRATE TIME.
((That just made my day.))

Do what the man says. And Quickly.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: November 19, 2012, 07:58:17 pm »

"Well... I'm not a man of many words, but we will all miss Lucas, wherever he has gone, whatever version of heaven or hell you believe in, he will  always live on, as the memory to the first man lost fighting with us. May his spirit continue to assist us in battle, and may he never be forgotten."

Giverousing speech and then move over and comfort Fyfe

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: November 19, 2012, 08:02:31 pm »

(( I demand a better speech or I'm going to come back from the dead and bitch slap every one of you so hard your great great grandchildren will feel it, also will somebody please go back and find the information stating what the named soldiers are good at before you start giving them orders to do things others are better at. ))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: November 19, 2012, 08:19:39 pm »

((TCM: Activating B.A.M.F. mode, Mason starts cutting a hole straight through the Hawks. One is stabbed in the eye, another punched in the kick, another kneed in the balls, another elbowed in the face, another stabbed in the next. As Hawks drop around him and others back off to not get stabbed, Mason makes a break for it through the hole.

Punched in the kick? That sounds hard to do, but extremely awkward anyway.))

B.A.M.F. mode turned Mason into M.C. Vagina, who has attacks like "punch you with my foot." So it's completely plausible.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 108