Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 108

Author Topic: <Syndicate>: Sequel Preparation - Vote on the Sequel's Location!  (Read 144311 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: <Syndicate>: Chapter 16: Alex's Pyrrhic Victory
« Reply #375 on: November 03, 2012, 05:02:24 pm »

Chapter 16: Alex's Pyrrhic Victory

Explain about the whole being one of the bosses things. Try and get some soldiers, also research poisons that can be transfered via skin contact.

"Hey, I'm one of the founders of the Syndicate like Lucas over here. We're both at the same level of authority and stuff." The soldiers air their realization and understanding.

Looking for something about poison, William sees some medical books by Fyfe. One is on bodily hazards. He opens up and flips to poison transferred through the skin:

Auhphodyte: ((Not a real poison. Yay for literary license!)) This material was commonly used in English buildings built between 1918 and 1948, used mainly in the plumbing system. This poison was deadly and killed thousands, but was not detected quickly. This is probably because the material took (15-20 Turns) for symptoms to show up.

Lead: Lead can be poisonous if in rubbed on the skin. For symptoms to take effect, a large amount would have to enter the blood stream.

Tree Frog: Tree Frogs naturally make poison to ward off predators. As such, local Amazon people use this poison on their arrows to stun and kill hunting prey in mere minutes. However, the frog, and as such, it's poison are extremely rare and hard to find.

Dave looks around for rival gang activity.

Dave goes around scouting the area for rival gang activity. (6) As he walks down the street, he hears motorcycles roar next to him. A group of Hellriders pass him, leaving a cloud of dust behind them. They stop at the next red-light intersection.

Walk out triumphantly, trying to avoid further fighting. Get back to the Pub and rest up. Maybe get some information of jobs around town.

With his winnings, Aaron heads back to the pub. He walks away from the gym, up the steps and into the main building. He moves through the upper floor and takes a flight of stairs down to the base. He lies on one of the tables and pulls out a newspaper for temp jobs he grabbed in front of the Pub.

Cargo - Looking for able bodied people to lift crates and boxes onto a ship. (Related Skill: Strength)

Mail - Looking for a runner to transport packages on foot. (Related Skill: Agility)

Lawn Service - Looking for those who can do things such as pull out weeds, mow grass and plant seeds. (Related Skill: Stamina)

((Aaron can choose which one(s) to look further into if any seem interesting.))

Instruct all the current soldiers to only accept orders from me then give each of the men £10 and give the Knight £15.
"I am one of a group of bosses, while they all out rank you that does not matter you all work for me, if they give you any orders that involve leaving the base or contradict my own orders then you disregard the orders they gave you and return to the base to wait for me ok? I'll make sure you all get your fair shares and that you get promotions as you earn them but to do that you need to stay with me. It's also safer for all of you if your orders come from one person alone so you always know who is your boss. This is your first share, the more you all bring in the larger the share you'll all get and remember, your loyalty to me will be well rewarded.

Grab Paul and tell him
"Take your 3 and go with William he's another one of your superiors in the syndicate, consider this another assignment your to watch his back and look suitably threatening then return here and await further orders from me once  he's done with the protection racket clear? Also if he gives you orders that you think are likely to result in the deaths of your group then it is up to you if you obey them or if you ignore them and return here to wait for me, so use your head I want you to be loyal but I need you to be alive for that."

Turn to William
"You have 4 men take good care of them I want them back in one piece, I have work for them to do so don't get them into any fights if you can avoid it. The man in charge of the group I'm sending with you is Paul let me know how he does.

Turn to Sean
"Take your lot back out and continue as before, report back in 6 hours, if you get the chance to grab a member of another gang who is alone and who is not one of the Chinese guy's then go ahead and bring them in but keep there head covered, no names and do not allow them to see your faces they can not know who any of us are clear?

Tell Doug and Mal
If you can find a computer store with light security then hit it and bring back a few of the best computers, same as before no killing, nobody sees faces and if possible bring back a vehicle as well I think we're gonna need it. If you can't find a good store then find a drug's store and take as many medical supplies as you can but be sure it's security is light, do both if you can but be back here in 6 hours with the haul.

Fyfe
Continue training your student and learning yourself, were gonna need you sooner or later so be ready.

Give the pub master he's cut and ask him to keep an ear out for people looking for work or anything else of interest then head up to meet the Lou Shen boy's and have my guards stick with me, once I approach them say the following
"Good day friends my name is Leon I believe you know one of my associates, do you have something that we can help you with?

Lucas explains the situation of orders from different bosses to his group. They all listen intently and seem to agree. He then pays them out. (-225$)

Paul: "Alright." He and his men go to join William.

Lucas goes over to William and explains he is entrusting him with his men, and the leader is the one named Paul.

Sean: "You got it. Come on boys..." He takes his men out of the pub.

Doug & Mal: "Sure. Guys, come on!" The group of robbers marches out of the pub.

Fyfe: "Okay, we'll get on it..."

Lucas pays out the bartender. (-13.60$) "This is it? Well, I guess I can't expect much in the beginning." He goes back upstairs.

Finally, Lucas heads upstairs and introduces himself to the Lou Shen. "Good day friends my name is Lucas I believe you know one of my associates, do you have something that we can help you with?" ((I'm assuming you meant Lucas instead of Leon. :P)) The group of 5 turn to him. One declares, "Yes, I'm Hu Zang, officer from the Lou Shen. We were wondering if you, The Syndicate, would be willing to trade some things today? Anything from information and intelligence to more, 'material' items." He points to some suitcases underneath the table. "If you wish to confer, I'd like to do it somewhere private."

"Jackson, thanks" Look at watch/clock "Oh god, I'm gonna be late. One more question... know about any gangs operating around here? Its a big problem back in Lichville..." Ask, get up, shake, leave back to the tunnels.

"Gangs? Not really. Though there are rambunctious youth that make trouble at night." He stands up. "Oh, you have to get going? Good day then." He shakes Jackson's hand and bids farewell. Jackson exits and walks back to the cave. It's dark, so he switches on his flashlight. As he goes in a little, he finds the Caveman sleeping....no wait, there's a big rock on his head. It must have fallen recently. Well, he's dead.

Thump these wannabes, british-style!

Alex counters the Cobardi gangster trying to choke him but counter-choking him right back. (1+1 vs. 2) Both manage to throw themselves off each other, gasping for breath. As they stand, the Cobardi is able to charge first. (4 vs. 1+1) Alex puts his hands up to protect his face, so he's caught off guard when the Cobardi punches him in the ribs! Alex grunts and retaliates, (1+1 vs. 6) but the Cobardi shoves him away before he can attack. Alex is sent off balance while the Cobardi (2 vs. 2+1) kicks at Alex. Alex manages to leap over the shin-kick, (1+1 vs. 2) fall on his hands, and quickly get up again. The Cobardi swings in with an overhand blow, (3 vs. 6) but Alex manages to grip his arm. (2+1 vs. 6) The Cobardi rips his arm out of Alex's grip, (5 vs. 1) and smashes his fist into Alex's forehead. Alex is forced to his knees, the world becomes full of blur and some pain. Wow, that's not good. (Stunned; -1 to all rolls) Alex swings his arms in front of him, (3+1-1 vs. 5) but misses the Cobardi completely. "Maybe next time, you don't come to C-ville!" yells the enemy gang member. (3 vs. 6+1-1) He kicks at Alex, but Alex manages to see the foot and block it as he stands up. (6+1-1 vs. 1) Alex spins around dizzily. The Cobardi laughs, "Look at this fucking idiot, he-" Alex's spinning fist smashes into the Cobardi's head, knocking him out cold. Alex stops and breathes, hands on his knees. Everything is still blurry. Hey, where was that second Cobardi he kicked in the chest? (6 vs. 5+1-1) Something passes and smashes Alex on his Left Shoulder. (Left Shoulder Injured; -1 to rolls using the Left Shoulder) The injured Alex falls on his stomach, his face still looking upwards. He sees something blurry run in the opposite direction. He passes out.....

Alex awakes later. Whether it was seconds, minutes, or hours, he's not sure. The other two Cobardi are still unconscious. Ow...that really hurt.

"I support the computr idea, i need my blueprints fix!"
Go check the hawkson boys out in the only sensible way, knock on the door.

Mason exits the Pub and goes to the space the Hawkson boys have spray-painted across the street. He knocks on the door. A teenager in a green-and-white shirt with a blonde mohawk answers. "What ta' you want?"

(goddamit)
"Lucus, I'd like to go with Doug and Mal. I'll know what computer we'll need."
"They are gonna get a few and they are going to rob the store not to go shopping, you'd only get in the way but by all means go ahead just stay out of the way so they can do the job and leave they have work to do."

Jason asks Lucas if he can go on Doug and Mal's robbery spree. Lucas agrees reluctantly. Excited, Jason runs after Doug and Mal out of the pub, and finds them in a garage. "Hey, I'm coming along too!" Doug turns his head up and asks, "Who are you?" The men open the garage to reveal a white Van.

Spoiler: Syndicate (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kings (click to show/hide)
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: November 03, 2012, 05:05:24 pm »

Think about how to obtain Auhphodyte. Find businesses needing protection. Supply it.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: November 03, 2012, 05:09:25 pm »

Time to GTFO!

((Wow, talk about a nice GM, didn't get carried off into some other building while I was out, nor did they steal anything too :D ))
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: November 03, 2012, 05:18:10 pm »

Smile at them and lead them down into the base.
"Ahh good day my friends please follow me."
Discuss with my visitors.
"I have nothing personally to trade I'm more the security and muscle side of things but in the mean time would you happen to have anything I can help you with?
Most of my men besides our medics and my guards are out working at the moment but if you have any little odd jobs that need doing I'm sure we can work something out, I have a great deal of interest in acquiring a significant number of Kodachi and I have a feeling you would know where to find them.
My associates are all out at the moment.

Hold out my katana to them.
"This is an old family heirloom and I'd like to give my men Kodachi upon full initiation to the syndicate but I don't know where to acquire them."
Send Paul down the street with two of my other guards to observe the enemy gang's building and order him to report to me if he sees anybody going in.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 04:37:46 pm by mesor »

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: November 03, 2012, 05:22:14 pm »

Time to GTFO!

((Wow, talk about a nice GM, didn't get carried off into some other building while I was out, nor did they steal anything too :D ))

((Not really. Two of them were unconscious, one of them ran away because you kicked him really hard in the chest.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: November 03, 2012, 05:23:13 pm »

(( Do we all have phones in this to communicate? ))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: November 03, 2012, 05:24:39 pm »

Send a message to the other kings ( We do have phones right? )

Mostly not. Alex and Jason have phones, no one else has acquired them.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: November 03, 2012, 05:27:38 pm »

(( Dam that sucks then I have no idea what we have to trade and nobody is here but me. ))

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #383 on: November 03, 2012, 05:35:45 pm »

((*Looks at his place on the waitlist* --- *sobs*))

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: November 03, 2012, 05:56:43 pm »

Look into the Lawn Service job.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: November 03, 2012, 06:33:50 pm »

"Sorry too bother you but my car has crashed and i need to call a tow truck."
If i'm let in ATTACK!
If not SNEAK IN!
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: November 04, 2012, 11:02:38 am »

Jim looked which way the Hellriders were going before turning around and heading back the way he came.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: November 04, 2012, 11:22:34 am »

Go back to the fork and go the other way, pick at the ready

wsoxfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: November 04, 2012, 01:17:14 pm »

I'm coming to show you the top quality computer, as well as see what the police learn about us" Jason said as he tuned onto the police scanner on his phone

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: November 04, 2012, 01:44:09 pm »

I'm coming to show you the top quality computer, as well as see what the police learn about us" Jason said as he tuned onto the police scanner on his phone

Police Scanner? Did I give you that? What exactly is it?
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 108