Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 108

Author Topic: <Syndicate>: Sequel Preparation - Vote on the Sequel's Location!  (Read 144368 times)

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
Re: <Syndicate>: Chapter 6: Gang Fight!
« Reply #255 on: October 06, 2012, 11:10:14 am »

(( I dont think ill be in your meeting anailater i got a bit of work to get done with my new friends. ))
((All right, your character will find out soon enough.))
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: <Syndicate>: Chapter 7: Cave Story
« Reply #256 on: October 07, 2012, 05:52:18 pm »

Chapter 7: Cave Story

"Uh, well. Shit."

Kick that bastard in the nuts, then finish him off.

Alex runs up to the final Vice Lord to give him a kick in the gonads. (4+1 Vs. 5) The Lord manages to pivot so that Alex just barely misses and all his kick manages to do is scrap along his inner thigh. The Vice Lord counters by diagonally swinging his 2x4 at Alex, (6 vs. 5+1) but Alex manages to grab him by the arm before it connects. The Lord reaches out with his free hand at Alex, but the King manages to grapple that one too, locking them both in a grapple match. (4 vs. 2) Alex manages to win out eventually, stepping forward and throwing the Lord to the ground. (5 vs. 4) Alex finally manages to successfully stomp him in the crotch. The Lord screams and is stunned in pain, allowing Alex another attack. (2 vs. 5-1) He goes for another stomp, but the Lord catch's Alex's ankle with his wood and trips him, sending the Syndicate King tripping to the ground. Both men hastily stand up, the Lord limping.

" You're welcome, mate."

Grab a BEER and leave the pub to go for a walk. Try not to notice the gathering of people outside.

Aaron pays 6 pounds for a regular sized Bottle of Beer and goes for a walk outside. He purposely tries to ignore the crowd of men and pretend something else has his attention. And something does; there's a brightly colored poster on the wall. It's a poster for a local amateur boxing tournament. Entry Fee is 40$ and cash prize is 240$, as well as a title.

CHECK SHOES. MAKE SURE HE ISN'T A COP. If he isn't continue talking to him, find out his job, his location, anything that could help.

William inspects the man's shoes, and yes, he isn't a cop. He works at the steel mill downtown, has a girlfriend, but is in some trouble with a loan shark.

"I'm running out of stuff to look up. I guess I'll head into the pub, get a drink and check in with my fellow syndicate members."

Jason heads back to the pub and picks up a beer, 'on the house'. Looking around, he can see William talking to someone at the other side of the bar, Aaron looking at a poster outside, and Mason running downstairs and telling everyone to follow him.

"Compartmentalization. For security purposes the less people who can identify us all the better and we all know that some of the police and gangs in this town are not above threatening your families and in that eventuality it's better for all concerned if you not be able to identify all 8 of us. You will meet the rest of the kings as you progress through the ranks. But the dirty little jobs, recruitment and security of our turf are my job and until I've assessed you all to find the first couple of knights amongst you then you don't need to meet the others since you will be working with me. What is your name and what is it yoy used to do?"

Take a tally of the new recruits and talk to each one of the individually to discover if any of them have any skills that set them out from the normal thugs

+18 Footsoldiers

The new recruits that seem to have special skills are:

Doug: A skilled driver, having competed and won in many amateur drag races.
Paul & Sean: Have previously been muggers in the past.
Fyfe: Has medical knowledge.
Mal: Skilled in firearms, and owns several.
Jonah & Berk: Were top-tier athletes back in high school.

"Guys meeting 5 minutes, in the caves, you don't want to miss this"

Tell Everyone in the group i can find this, then set up a presentation, involving magic, a puppet show, and the knowledge of where the drugs are.

Mason tells everyone in, and around, the pub about his presentation in the cave. He goes down and sets up his materials, using arts & crafts he just happened to have on hand. Now it would just be time to wait...

"Well, you asked for it buddy..." Whack him on the head with the flashlight so he passes out. If he dodges/gets up, make a swing to the ribs

Jackson smashes the flashlight down onto the Caveman's head. (1 vs. 3) He misses and smashes the cave wall next to his target. (1 vs. 3+1) The caveman grabs at Jackson's legs, but Jackson kicks him away. (4 vs. 3) Jackson swings the flashlight again, and this time it connects with the Caveman's shoulder, causing him to grunt in pain. The Caveman swings with his good shoulder, (6 vs. 5) and rips the flashlight away from Jackson. (1 vs. 6) Jackson reaches back for his Flashlight, but the Caveman stands up and pushes him back, (5+1 vs. 6) and swings the flashlight at Jackson. It's a dangerous swing and nearly hits Jackson in the head, but he ducks and it smashes a stalactite off the cave ceiling.

Walk inside the pub.

Dave walks inside the pub to find William chatting it up with another man, and Jason is at the bar with a drink.

The policeman in the back alley doesn't find any evidence. He sighs, goes to his car, and drives off.

Spoiler: Syndicate (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kings (click to show/hide)
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: October 07, 2012, 05:54:34 pm »

Oy! Lucas, get over here! Take a gander at this!

After showing Lucas the poster, take it down and go to...wherever the signup is.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: October 07, 2012, 05:56:32 pm »

Snap his leg!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: October 07, 2012, 06:03:41 pm »

Find out who's hassling him. Try to get his contact information.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: October 07, 2012, 06:08:29 pm »

"Fuck you ya git!" Shouted Jackson, Then Kneed him in the balls, and did a uppercut to the chin, aiming to knock out

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: October 07, 2012, 06:14:51 pm »

(( Im assuming that 18 is including the 12 Irishmen I found inside. ))

Tell them to follow me and then head along the back streets take careful note of everything I see as I go especially stores and there security. Do a full circuit until im back outside the bar.

As I go discuss my plans with a few of my new friends.

Paul and Sean.
"How do the two of you feel about taking two of these men each and giving them some hands on training?
Two of you alone was good when it was just you but now that you are part of this gang we need to bring that up to a whole new scale and the two of you are perfect to get us rolling.
Obviously if your training of these initial groups is a success you will earn a promotion and may well find yourselves running a couple of groups of muggers for me. Can you fight and give orders?

Mal and Doug.
"Once we have a good van I want to start getting around a bit and hitting a few stores to size everybody up. The two of you would be perfect to begin building that crew around.
Doug you would clearly be the man to put behind the wheel of that van and Mal your perfect to lead the crew into the stores themselves and back them up.
But Mal I know you are a good shot but I need to know if your smart enough to keep that gun well hidden until you have got no choice but to use it, also what guns do you have?
I know people will get hurt but I would rather the cops not know guns are involved if it can be avoided.
Obviously if the two of you prove to be effective then you will be promoted and in time will very likely be running this side of my interests for me.
So do you think you can lead four men men and rob a store quickly and effectively without bloodshed?
"

Jonah and Berk.
"Now you two are very fit indeed but I need to know what kind of sports you were involved in before I can start deciding what to do with you."

Fyfe
"Now you my girl are going to prove to be very very useful indeed. How good are you with the kind of injuries that can be expected coming out of a fight and do you think you can take three other people and train them to be just as good as you are? We are going to need good medics in the future and I am going to need somebody to train them.
If your that person obviously you will earn a promotion.
So are you the right girl for the job?
"

(( Im assuming Fyfe is a girl. Sorry this turn is so complicated with all these new men I want to get them organized and find out what targets I have in the area so I can get to work.))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: October 07, 2012, 06:23:35 pm »

(( Im assuming Fyfe is a girl. Sorry this turn is so complicated with all these new men I want to get them organized and find out what targets I have in the area so I can get to work.))

I wasn't going to go that way, but I like it.

Unless you guys heavily protest, I was thinking the gang could be composed of about 10-15% females gangsters. I know some gangs like the Mafia and Yakuza don't have any female members, but it seems like the Syndicate is more interested in someone's skills rather than their sex or ethnicity.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: October 07, 2012, 06:26:39 pm »

(( If you guys don't like girls I'm fine keeping them all working with me I don't believe in that this is a boy's job rubbish anyway. Also thanks TCM I love the idea of having a good few girls I can think of some very fitting jobs for them.
Also did I develop any skills for recruiting all these people? ))
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 06:28:58 pm by mesor »

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: October 07, 2012, 06:31:27 pm »

(( If you guys don't like girls I'm fine keeping them all working with me I don't believe in that this is a boy's job rubbish anyway. Also thanks TCM I love the idea of having a good few girls I can think of some very fitting jobs for them.
Also did I develop any skills for recruiting all these people? ))

((Yeah, I'll give you a bit of experience in Charisma. Not quite to Level 1 yet, but it's something.))

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: October 07, 2012, 06:35:22 pm »

(( Sweet :) bit more recruiting and im off and running with that skill. ))

wsoxfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: October 07, 2012, 10:44:51 pm »

"Now what the hell is he yelling about? Whatever the hell it is, it can wait until after I've had the drink. Finish my drink, then see what the hell he's yelling about."

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: October 08, 2012, 02:08:32 pm »

"O.k guys, first of all thanks for coming to this meeting, which may become a regular weekly thing, this is an oppertunity to decide on actions we are undertaking in this next week, first of all we need to get better aquainted, I am Mason, I couldn't get a job after studying physics for the last decade, anyone else want to introduce themselves."
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 02:55:22 pm by anailater »
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: October 09, 2012, 02:43:29 pm »

Bump for Doomblade.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: October 09, 2012, 08:07:49 pm »

"You probably know me. I drive, fix cars when I can get a job."

Go to meeting.

((I always seem to miss updates...))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 108