Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 108

Author Topic: <Syndicate>: Sequel Preparation - Vote on the Sequel's Location!  (Read 144378 times)

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: <Syndicate>: Chapter 5: Bar Brawl
« Reply #240 on: October 04, 2012, 08:42:02 pm »

(( Gang fight does not sound very good. Unless of course it has nothing to do with my little army and my potential new recruits in which case the bigger and bloodier the better :P.))
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 08:47:47 pm by mesor »

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 04, 2012, 09:10:43 pm »

Bump :)

I'm writing up the turn, and it includes the first Gang fight.

I predict a few gang members walk into the bar, one gets hit by a stray object from the fight, and they attack us.

Am I partially correct?
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 04, 2012, 09:13:22 pm »

(( If thats it then were good.
Ive got 12 men at the very least right outside the bar :). ))

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 05, 2012, 09:25:18 am »

((I am coming out to stare at your new "recruits", so i may be about to lose my spleen.))
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 05, 2012, 06:08:00 pm »

(( You really shouldn't I want to be the only king they know. If something goes wrong and one of them turns on us better if they don't know who the rest of you are. ))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: <Syndicate>: Chapter 6: Gang Fight!
« Reply #245 on: October 05, 2012, 10:32:05 pm »

Chapter 6: Gang Fight!

((FUCK. I thought he was drunk enough to forget it by the time he got home!))

Help William! As in, get to his side and help him double-punch the guy through the wall and into the alley of the pub!

Aaron runs up to the assailant and shakes him wildly....he doesn't respond. Is he dead?...wait, he's salivating. He's just knocked out. "Jobs done." Aaron lets go of him and sets him on the floor.

"This bloke didn't pay attention to his girlfriend, and got offended when I did."
Give the fine lady address, in case she tires of the brute. Look for another man to recruit to the Syndicate.
(These rolls man, these rolls.))
"This bloke didn't pay attention to his girlfriend, and got offended when I did."
Give the fine lady address, in case she tires of the brute. Look for another man to recruit to the Syndicate.

William proceeds up to the lass sobbing over her unconscious boyfriend. He writes down his address on a card, which I don't know. Hey, look at that, you guys get to come up with where each of your character's private home is, fancy that? After fixing the fourth wall, William hands the card to the girl. "If you ever get tired of this ruffian, visit me." She meekly takes it.

Casanova then brushes himself off and looks for another recruitee. (4) William walks over to a man in a cap sitting at the bar. He explains the situation briefly, and the man seems somewhat interested.

Go to the left... YOU NEVER GO RIGHT, ALWAYS LEFT

Jackson goes down the left path, because it's always the right path, right? RIGHHT?!?!??!?!?!

The path is uneventful, just more stalactites and dripping water. Then, Jackson shines the light upon a man in ragged clothes that somehow appeared in front of him. Jackson asks, "Uh, hi, I-" "THIS IS MY CAVE! NO ONE'S ALLOWED IN MY CAVE!"

(Intuition Roll: 5 vs. 6)

Jackson anticipates the Caveman's charge, but the dweller zig-zags so quickly that Jackson can hardly follow. (2 vs. 3+1) Caveman swings, but Jackson easily blocks it. (2 vs. 4) Jackson counters with a jab, but the Caveman parries out of the way. (1 vs. 6) The Caveman lunges at Jackson, but trips on a rock, losing his balance. This gives Jackson a good position to attack, (3+1 Vs. 5-1) and would have landed a nice hit, had the Caveman not tripped and accidentally dodged.

Mason stopped in his tracks, why were men standing around outside or base? This could be bad.

Introduce myself to the men.

Mason introduces himself to the men. They all introduce themselves back. The majority are Irish, and say they've been brought together by a meeting from Lucas. The crowd hushes as Lucas begins to speak.

Scope out the kings operation here.

Alex decides to probe around in the Vice Lord's shack. (1) He slips in through a doorway and pears around. Well, there's some cash and cocaine on the table. There's a few boxes also, how about- "Hey, who the fuck are you?" Alex turns around to see three men in suits standing the doorway. Before he can react, one yells, "Kill this sucka'!" They charge him.

(Intuition: 6 vs. 4)

Alex is already in a fighting stance before they even reach him. (1 vs. 4) He swings at one of their faces, but the Lord weaves out of the way. (5 vs. 3) One Lord manages to sneak in a jab, hitting Alex in the stomach! Alex wheezes and staggers back a little, but retains his stance. (6+1 Vs. 3) Alex goes on the offensive, hitting one of the Lord's with a powerful knee to the ribcage and then a hook to the head. The Lord crumples onto the floor, as another tries to choke Alex from behind. There is a struggle, but Alex smashes the Lord's head in with a backwards head-butt. The Lord footsoldier loses his choke grip to clutch his face in pain. Alex takes the opportunity to grab his head and ram it into the wall. There's a satisfying, *thwump* and he falls. The last Lord picks up a 2x4 as he witnesses his allies be decimated.

"What the bloody hell's that racket? Whatever it is, I should probably stay here."
look through these records for profitable buisness's prefably banks.

(3+1) Jason discovers a Loan shop out uptown in the city, Lennard's & Son, on his list.

Walk outside and have the Irish scan the crowd looking for anybody that does not fit in here then tell the crowd

"These fine men behind me are the first foot soldiers to join me. They will follow my orders and in exchange will get a share of any profit I make and the chance to gain some power and if they prove themselves they will earn promotion and gain more power and even more money.
Your all here because your down on your luck and looking for money, power or payback on the goverment for putting you in this situation.
If your still interested them im glad to have every one of you and together we will all become very rich and this city will be ours.
But understand that there will be dirty work involved people will get hurt and people will die.
If those terms are acceptable to you then welcome to my gang.

Once those who don't want to join have left explain to the rest that they all work for me and that I am only one of the top ranking men in the gang but for the time being they don't need to know who the others are and they take orders from me alone then ask

"Ok now that we have all of this out of the way who wants to come with me and show me what your made of?"

The men all seem satisfied with Lucas's speech. However one steps forward. "Why can't we know about the other bosses? You don't trust us?"

Return to the pub.

Dave returns to the pub to and finds Lucas addressing a group of men outside.

Spoiler: Syndicate (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kings (click to show/hide)
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 05, 2012, 10:37:38 pm »

"Uh, well. Shit."

Kick that bastard in the nuts, then finish him off.

((Well, THAT was a surprise. I did not intend that to happen guys :P ))
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 05, 2012, 11:13:18 pm »

" You're welcome, mate."

Grab a BEER and leave the pub to go for a walk. Try not to notice the gathering of people outside.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: October 05, 2012, 11:48:20 pm »

CHECK SHOES. MAKE SURE HE ISN'T A COP. If he isn't continue talking to him, find out his job, his location, anything that could help.

wsoxfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: October 06, 2012, 12:07:47 am »

"I'm running out of stuff to look up. I guess I'll head into the pub, get a drink and check in with my fellow syndicate members."

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: October 06, 2012, 12:16:00 am »

"Compartmentalization. For security purposes the less people who can identify us all the better and we all know that some of the police and gangs in this town are not above threatening your families and in that eventuality it's better for all concerned if you not be able to identify all 8 of us. You will meet the rest of the kings as you progress through the ranks. But the dirty little jobs, recruitment and security of our turf are my job and until I've assessed you all to find the first couple of knights amongst you then you don't need to meet the others since you will be working with me. What is your name and what is it yoy used to do?"

Take a tally of the new recruits and talk to each one of the individually to discover if any of them have any skills that set them out from the normal thugs
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 04:07:42 am by mesor »

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 06, 2012, 05:45:07 am »

"Guys meeting 5 minutes, in the caves, you don't want to miss this"

Tell Everyone in the group i can find this, then set up a presentation, involving magic, a puppet show, and the knowledge of where the drugs are.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: October 06, 2012, 08:08:57 am »

"Well, you asked for it buddy..." Whack him on the head with the flashlight so he passes out. If he dodges/gets up, make a swing to the ribs

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 06, 2012, 10:33:39 am »

Walk inside the pub.

((Gone rest of today.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: October 06, 2012, 10:37:05 am »

(( I dont think ill be in your meeting anailater i got a bit of work to get done with my new friends. ))
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 108