Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

A new drunken world is imminent. Should we try a modded world?

Yes!
No!
I am small and neutral, like Switzerland

Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 341

Author Topic: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [We Hath Become Death, the Destroyers of Worlds]  (Read 1175198 times)

FlickerFly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [Year Four: Symphonies of Drunken Destruction]
« Reply #1125 on: December 16, 2012, 04:42:10 pm »

Posting to watch. (under drinking age)
If I were you, I'd do exactly the same thing as you would, because I'd be you.
</inactivity>

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: December 16, 2012, 05:04:31 pm »

Someone please continue. I want to take a turn but won't take one so soon after my previous one.
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #1127 on: December 16, 2012, 05:08:59 pm »

On antibiotics this weekend so I couldn't, but I've been considering giving this a go. One week of work left then I have a break until after new year's (hooray for being a teacher) so there should be plenty of time around then, I'm sure I will find at least one day where I can ruin myself with alcohol and produce a surprisingly coherent turn.

Won't be able to do it until at least next weekend though. Being a teacher also means I have to get up at 5:30 and then be responsible for the lives of preschoolers every day, so no major drinking during the week. : (

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: December 16, 2012, 05:22:15 pm »

On antibiotics this weekend so I couldn't, but I've been considering giving this a go. One week of work left then I have a break until after new year's (hooray for being a teacher) so there should be plenty of time around then, I'm sure I will find at least one day where I can ruin myself with alcohol and produce a surprisingly coherent turn.

Won't be able to do it until at least next weekend though. Being a teacher also means I have to get up at 5:30 and then be responsible for the lives of preschoolers every day, so no major drinking during the week. : (
I wish I had a teacher who drank gratuitously and played Dwarf Fortress.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #1129 on: December 16, 2012, 06:02:21 pm »

Are you 3-6 years old? I imagine my students would probably not even notice, but my boss would...

Also, I imagine my preschool/kindergarten teachers were probably way different people than I imagined when I was a kid.

AustralianWinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: December 16, 2012, 06:18:39 pm »

Vodka is the only drink that hates me more, than I hate it.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: December 16, 2012, 06:30:29 pm »

Darn it, I'm taking another turn (again.)
It has only been 2 turns since my last one but I don't have time to drink for the next week or so and I already have some booze prepared for this. I was hoping that someone would have taken a turn before this. ::)
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

AustralianWinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: December 16, 2012, 06:32:23 pm »

It has only been 2 turns since my last one but I don't have time to drink for the next week or so and I already have some booze prepared for this. I was hoping that someone would have taken a turn before this. ::)

No worries - none of us are annoyed or angry. As long as a turn is completed in the same sitting, or whatever, I feel fine with people just playing, even if it's only one or two turns since they played last.

I don't know how everyone else feels about this, though.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
« Reply #1133 on: December 16, 2012, 06:38:06 pm »

No worries - none of us are annoyed or angry. As long as a turn is completed in the same sitting, or whatever, I feel fine with people just playing, even if it's only one or two turns since they played last.

I don't know how everyone else feels about this, though.
First Drunk First Serve; as long as the turns aren't consecutive, I say go for it!

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: December 16, 2012, 06:41:19 pm »

Ok.
I have already drunk a pint of scrumpy and some wine. I still have some wine and a small bottle of vodka. Will quickly drink half of the bottle and save the rest for penalty shots.
A pity I don't have more than a bottle.

Et tu, Urist

AustralianWinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: December 16, 2012, 06:43:58 pm »

I realise I forgot adding a rule - you'll have to drink if you run out of booze or food.

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
« Reply #1136 on: December 16, 2012, 06:46:10 pm »

I realise I forgot adding a rule - you'll have to drink if you run out of booze or food.
OPed :)

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: December 16, 2012, 06:49:36 pm »

Ya expect me to keep an eye on the prapared food stock or just food stuffs in the z? we ave 700 raw or rotten fish. Does that count?

Et tu, Urist

AustralianWinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: December 16, 2012, 06:50:26 pm »

Just z. So yeah.

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: December 16, 2012, 07:04:20 pm »

I have been keepicn a tab on my rinks for this everning. Weiten as I adrank. Posting at 02:04

Had a pint of scrumpy and a glass of wine. Empty stomach. ( Ate a bit 13hours ago. I'm a bit hungry actually)
1:40 Had a white russian
1:47 two shots of vodka straight. Checked the save. Didnä't start playing yet. Read about the new rule.
1:50 another shot straight
1:53 a shot o vodka straight, not curved or anyway queer. Straight as the booze god intended!
2:00 dont feel like straight vodka anymore. Starts tasting bad. Mixing with homemade strawberry juice. (1/3 juice)
2:02 a drink (aout 8cl vodka, 2cl juice)
Drank about 2,5dl in 20mins. Saving the rest for deaths. Theres will be many.
Started playing. Bt first, I nee to shit. Deels like an acidic one.

02:10 Started playing. Darn, I fee l like a light wieght. Haven't drank much lately and I jsut got wasted. Whta has it been? 2,5dl of ovdka, a glass o wine and a pint of 7,5%. Must have drank too quickly. Curse my low body weight. 65kg, so my drinking ability is around the same level as a petite woman's. Darn it
Good thing I have writen downs some notes on what i must do doewing my turn. (That is the key to keepouing drunk forttressses alive. nake noktes while sober)
1. fix the stack
2. booze
3. slabs?

Slate

This fort is a mess.  A mess, but the kind of mess I lile. Must be belcaseu I was one the ones who messed it up. Onwards! to a new drunkesn afventure!´

Wrexie 2 died. Another drink
Must find metal for bogbnova.
Started maik,ing pots and booze
Set roms and ordered more rooms to be dug and candy rto be mined
Found irons in the vaverrns. must dfig. rdered zones instead of mining. darn.
Half of da wort is babies. the rapist lists 16 babies in a fort o 49. Made em miners!
igrants! Darn hoboes#! close the gates! we are uender a lockdown! nodorfg comes in! they all shall die.
;ust route magma to the surfface. Must kille hoboes roaming the mlasnd
After about 25 cancels the cestion is sealed. Darnm minests
Felsite
A tree in the middle of the generator!

what did the precious overser order to dig? its foolignth e fort!! horrors! the fort is derowning because of darnk aquifer digs! as in everything below the top 2 leverls!
Bobnova went crazy. too byst reassiening the wall constreuctins. The whiole fort is flooding because of some idiot minding deisignatuions! so manyu cancels ond the wall
Orderedd fixing the pumptack.

Deeper magma forges. No bmagma in the higher ones. A.ll punmped dry!
tHe fuck? Siquon taccks Scruffy (2nd) and then KILLS Ruhn! why the hell? I have no idea

who the fuck opened the oodr  in the second layer? the fhowle wort was flooding agian! We ar drowning! darn idiots!

I like this fort. Two scruffies. One dead, one aliv. One murderous ghost clobbering every living dorf to death, teh other a vampire driniking their high BAL blood and absorbing their blood booze.

Tantrum spiral! Someone thres a baby in the river and everyone is dieing!

Odrered the severing of hte staircase.
It alls tastared drom a macedrawf hitting a baby!

Fucking hell. I esevered the staircase but everyihing one hte lower side is a child and insane bobnova! I am stuck iwith a gibbering idiopt and a child!
Australian starts killing bulls.

The fwhole fort is a mess and dieing of loya.ty cascades'
The whole fort is dead
Someone beacame a macelord just by huitting babies and immigrtants!
Ok, didnt coerrectly sever the upper foirt. Did it nwo. We have one mirer, That is all!
So many drinsk

We went from 60 to 4 dwarves

Down to 4 dorfs. Cant get thjem to do fowrkn so
RECLAIMING! YAhH!

Reclaimed and this fort is fiuna,.ly functuonal again! som miasma b ut that it son important
Everything fina.ly forked out. Good
Scrryyfftt the 2nd was the bampire. Scryffy the 1st was the murderous ghost. Oh horrors, I kmiled the fott.

Thisd candy thinh is ombossible. Must just mine everything. Being extya varefull wit the candy. So darn tdraynbk. Aout of booze!
Scrufft was th vampier. Scrufgfy was the evi ghost. Scruffy was the dwarth of the fort.!

6 dorfs. One m iner died making our new forges (the old oes werer too low)

Slate
Restanrting genetrators! #It ahall all star frotm ehere!

The generator si screwerd. Starting it ataing. Building additional parts. We shall pump agaion!
HJematite
Unable4 to get hte generator forking ataint
Can't get tje pumpts working

Malachite'
Tjee wjpö pumpstack went to he,l wjheI abandoned- One part broke and It all uncongturcted. Had bto byuikld it all again whilke durunk
t works again! never again do i want t o fix a generator while drunk!

Deth do dtha averns! Water to the magma!

Morning Edit: Don't quite remember what happened after tthis point. We seem to have more candy and alot of water in the basement.  Also a single pet crundle that keeps wrecking havoc.
I remember that I had huge amount of trouble getting thne generator working again. The little thing seems to  stop every now and then. Needs a pimp operator to jump start it.
How the heck did that loyalty cascade start? I didn't start it intentionally. Removed duplicate felsite
Pics and save later today

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7232
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 07:59:20 am by Scruffy »

Et tu, Urist
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 341