Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

A new drunken world is imminent. Should we try a modded world?

Yes!
No!
I am small and neutral, like Switzerland

Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 341

Author Topic: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [We Hath Become Death, the Destroyers of Worlds]  (Read 1198614 times)

Omeganaut

• Bay Watcher
  • eshimdomnothry (FreedomSlavery)
    • View Profile
Re: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [Year Four: Call of the Peach-faced Lovebird Men]
« Reply #1350 on: January 20, 2013, 08:37:43 pm »

so its been 16 hours.  Graebeard, are you okay?  That seemed like quite a turn.
My extended sig
Includes the one and only !!DrunkFortress!! quote anthology.
Also: Bay 12 Archeology!  I bring the word of Bay12.  And the word is despair
I'm back, but I can't be consistant enough for games... Sorry!

Graebeard

• Bay Watcher
  • The reasonable penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: January 20, 2013, 11:29:45 pm »

I'm alive!  This morning, well, actually the whole day really, has been pretty tough.  Fighting with DDFD right now to upload.  Uncertain why this isn't working...

Edit: Teh Savzors

Edit 2: I'm really glad I took contemporaneous notes last night.  I don't remember much about the fort or what I did.  I sure as hell couldn't tell you now what's going on.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 11:54:39 pm by Graebeard »
At last, she is done.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: January 21, 2013, 05:58:06 am »

Making a magma pumpstack while drunk should be incredibly !!FUN!!

So i'm taking a turn tomorrow, in roughly 30 hours. Will stock up on booze, post and then start.

I hope i don't get randomly asleep this time.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: January 22, 2013, 06:32:27 am »

Bought the booze, two Duvel and two Chimay. I'll add lime because it's better.

Will start to drink in 6 hours or something like that.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 07:12:55 am by Naryar »

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: January 22, 2013, 12:09:06 pm »

OK, here I go !

Drinking History Before Starting to Play

12:07 Opening up first bottle of Duvel, and cutting up first lemon. Smells very nice.
12:10 First swig of beer with lemon juice. Damn it is good.
12:12 Downloading previous save. Realized I already downloaded it 2 minutes ago. Damn it, I barely even started to drink and i'm getting confused.
12:16 Opening save, first thing I see is a four waterwheel battery... perpendicular to the water flow. What the fuck ?
12:17 Finishing first glass of beer.
12:19 Second serving of beer with lemon. I hope the lemon doesn't make the beer lose too much alcohol. anyways, not unpausing until sufficiently inebriated.
12:22 Dwarfing myself, the same exact dwarf than in my previous failed attempt.
12:23 Finishing second glass, and firt bottle, of beer.
12:24 Talked too soon. There's still more beer in the first bottle. Nearly a full glass. Finishing it, this time without lemon... For now, let's explore the fort to see what has changed.
12:29 Finishing third glass of Duvel, and first bottle, this time for real. Nice buzz. I'll drink another bottle and then my body will be ready.
12:31 Pressure accident ! Nope, not the fort, just my bottle of Chimay Red. Oh well, that's a bti of beer on the table.
12:35 Chimay + lemon, first taste. It's good.
12:42 Second glass of Chimay. With yet more lemon. Ifully expect to play at 13:00.
12:44 Let the lemon fall while squeezing it. Should be good for for drunk fort.
12:47 I'm starting to burp. The signs are good !
12:50 OK, that's 2 33cl bottles of beer (respectively 8° and 7,5°) under my skin.
12:52 While I do have a nice buzz and alcohol is clearly affecting me, I have the feeling I'm still not drunk enough. I think i'm gonna go to my favorite bar and drink something else.
12:56 Yeah, I'm going to the bar. I suspect if I finish my two remaining beers I'll be too drunk to go to the bar and not be rejected, so i'll go now.
No starting at 13:00, most porbabbly 13:10 or 13:15 though.
13:24 Damn I've taken some time. Had a tripel karmeliet. It's VERY good. I suggest you taste it if you come across one and you're a beer enjoyer. Playing now !

Playing the Fortress while Drunk

13:28 Not enough stuff. By tht i mean bedrooms. I'm digging moar bedrroms.

13:31 ah shit there's a fail bedroom in that corner, fixing that
13:33 there's a damn lot of spare beds in that fort. at least 30.
13:34 Happened upon the lever room. i thought i would get some FUN by pulling the levers at random but someone was sober nice enough to give them notes.
13:38 that dining room is pretty small

i therefore order moare tables and chairs
13:41 what time is it ?
20th Opal, mid-winter. Leaves me 1 month to prepare for the next goblin ambush/siege.
13:42 Saving game, just in case of catastrophe.
13:47 Started drinking my last chimay. I should maybe improve that defense design. More cage traps is never bad.
13:50 Well, there's a damn cave crocodile chomping on my dwarves. Sending military to rescue.

Considering quite a bit of my dwarves are unhappy and that the croc already killed at least two dwarves... yeah. I hope I don't get some stupid tantrum spiral.
13:56 For some stupid reason, Jervill decided to attack the cave crocodile WITHOUT armor or weapons. Well, he lost his whole left arm.
13:58 Well, Siquo did killed the croc. at least this is solved. Now I must solve general unhappiness due to dead dwarves.
14:00 Finished glass of chimay blue. Will cage trap the hell out o th cavern entry to avoid further disasters.
14:04 ok what the HELL is up with that giant mess of a cavern entry ?

(Yes, the rock is elves. Maybe Mayday isn't kind on that tileset. Nevermind.
14:06 Some miners seem to be stuck 2 z-levels lower. I dig something for them to escape.
14:12 Obsidian month has come. I'm saving before some stupid stuff breaks up my fort.
14:15 Rammed my foot into my cooking plates's infrastructure while moving. No pain whatsoever. Yeah, I'm definitely drunk.
14:21 Ordering some rock pots, except that useless manager hasn't allowedd any work orders since I come i control of this fort. I may have to change him.
14:23 Oh wait, the bloody manager is as the hospital (more like dwarf dying zone) and totally incapacitated. Well, I'm cha nging stuff ! H-8973 is now the manager. I'm removing fish cleaning since it is like the most fuck useless job ever.
14:28 Finished another glass of alcohol, and my third bottle of Chimay. It was a blue. anyways manager got something good , hopefully I on't get to annoy myself by giving orders to the right worshop. Manager to battl !

14:32 Well, that very manager give birth to a child. Saving again, you never know when random frustrating stuff might strike my fort.
14:34 Ordering more drinks. We don't have enough to satiate a 120 dwarf fort. 128 drinks won't be long until this fort gets alcohol dependacny...
14:36 I am very much sufficiently inebriated to care about this fort. Manager is doiing his/her work, after removing a few jobs.
14:39 Well... this isn't looking good. Scruffy died in the hospital. also, T-62a is throwing a tantrum. G-9219 has gone stark raging mad. I wonder if I can hold this fort for long ???
14:43 Scruffy died of dehydratation, that's a problem in a 120 dwarf fort !!!! I should make a well somewhere. Starting work on well !
14:44 There's some useless liaison. I would kill it if it didn't made a loyalty cascade or some shit. Oh well. Starting work on well. Saving as well.
14:46 I definitely need more motivation than just alcohol. Starting to listen to Iron Savior, it's manly and should help me do GLORIOUS acts.
14:54 Finished well designation, some stupid bunny pet got stuck in the water digging while the water is flowing. Nope, I don't care.

15:00 LOL FLOODING. I somewht badly calculated some stuff, and therefore I flooded one of the gold veins. Oh well, no big loss !

15:03 an ambush ! curse them ! Well, I shall bring up most of my non-drunk tactics skill and try to slay them.
15:08 Stupid goblins, chasing random animals... Well, at least it gives me enough time to regroup all of my soldiers. Hopefully.

15:14 yeah gobs vs dwarves, let's see how we fare

Iron Savior - Moment in Time should be good
15:18 damn it stop bothering me with baby dwarves being born, the most important is military
15:20 we seem to be winning this fight but i'm not sure

15:24 Yes ! the ambush is defeated ! However, Siquo has been heavily wounded. We'll see how this fairs.
15:35 Well... I improved the drink stuff overall. Not enough drinkin'
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 03:41:16 pm by Naryar »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: January 22, 2013, 12:10:22 pm »

you posted at 12:09...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: January 22, 2013, 12:11:19 pm »

Why yes I did. What's the problem ?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: January 22, 2013, 12:12:13 pm »

just saying. it confused me.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: January 22, 2013, 02:13:13 pm »

Time is relative :D

I'm liking things so far, onward!
how do I lizard Werewolf
ther seems to be a little gecko problem somehwere.
O gawd, drank all ten beers. And 3/5 of this at dinner.  I'm dronk.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: January 22, 2013, 02:16:04 pm »

Gonna try to run this fort 1 year, although tantrum spiral is very possible due to the general unhappiness of the fort.

Is it a necessary stereotype tat Drunk forts must fall at year 4 or something ?

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: January 22, 2013, 02:32:38 pm »

Gonna try to run this fort 1 year, although tantrum spiral is very possible due to the general unhappiness of the fort.

No, not a stereotype. Just the fact that most dorfs can remain sane for only 4 years of drunken overseers.

Third year is usually the point when all the booze/food has ran out,  the corpses have started to pile up and there are too many migrants and goblins. 3 years of constant death and miasma is usually the time it takes for those drunken beardballs to grow weary of live and start running around naked. Thus year 4 is death
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: January 22, 2013, 02:42:15 pm »

No, not a stereotype. Just the fact that most dorfs can remain sane for only 4 years of drunken overseers.

Third year is usually the point when all the booze/food has ran out,  the corpses have started to pile up and there are too many migrants and goblins. 3 years of constant death and miasma is usually the time it takes for those drunken beardballs to grow weary of live and start running around naked. Thus year 4 is death
Considering how I am getting tantrums and mad dwarves right, the fort may die before I finish my year.

But i will NEVER allow it !

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: January 22, 2013, 02:48:39 pm »

wazza with those names?
Highly Opinionated Fool

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: January 22, 2013, 02:54:07 pm »

wazza with those names?

Druken fort building.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: January 22, 2013, 02:58:48 pm »

really? drunkenness can lead to  long alpha-numeric names?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 341