Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: Chainhammer - Necromancers vs Vampires- A Community Fortress  (Read 9769 times)

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
Re: Chainhammer - Necromancers vs Vampires- A Community Fortress
« Reply #135 on: September 29, 2012, 10:13:41 am »

14th Felsite, 1164 Late Spring
I promoted to the sole survivor of the original hammer squad to Hammerer. She'll live, but she'll have so many splints it will look like a wooden exoskeleton.

I imagine some set of armor like in Dead Space only made up of nothing but wood. That's pretty dorfy.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 29, 2012, 10:14:47 am »

One of our planters was found dead. Grau says it was old age.
Holy crap, a dwarf died of old age? What is WRONG with this fortress?
Long history, old migrants to begin with.
So? You're playing DF, in a well-established fortress, with necromancers sieging it, and you need OLD AGE to kill your dwarves?
(And dwarves can die of old age anywhere from 150-170.)
No necromancers have come in years, they only send their zombies, 100 at a time.
Nonetheless, experiment time: if we kill the gemstone webbing beast, we shall se if it reanimates, and if yes, will it have powers or not.
If it is raised, it should continue to do its webbing interaction.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 29, 2012, 10:54:18 am »

I promoted to the sole survivor of the original hammer squad to Hammerer. She'll live, but she'll have so many splints it will look like a wooden exoskeleton.

I imagine some set of armor like in Dead Space only made up of nothing but wood. That's pretty dorfy.

For some reason she became pale. I don't see infection, though.
The forgotten beast shell opal didn't rise. It was it's only piece, but it was apparently a shell+body creature, which may not be raisable. (though IIRC shells could be.) Further testing required. If only I could kill that mudstone beast I caged... pity it has no useful interaction, only vapors.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 10:57:03 am by Tirion »
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 29, 2012, 10:58:53 am »

The forgotten beast shell opal didn't rise. It was it's only piece, but it was apparently a shell+body creature, which may not be raisable. (though IIRC shells could be.) Further testing required. If only I could kill that mudstone beast I caged... pity it has no useful interaction, only vapors.
Vapors can be useful...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 29, 2012, 11:23:58 am »

Vapors can be useful...

Do ladybugs fly?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 29, 2012, 01:51:21 pm »

4th Malachite, 1164 Mid-Summer

Our new Hammerer, the Pump Operator/Hammerdwarf Dishmab Itoneshal, has succombed to infection. May she rest in peace, and may her replacement prove to be more competent.

The Minotaur Sposlar Lustfulveiled the Dented Mines has come. We let him in. Space Cat headstabbed it.

A fisherdwarf withdrew from society and claimed the magma forge. She created

It's worth $33600.
She's 132 years old, suspectible to disease, flimsy and quite clumsy. Why can't we get a nice young healthy weaponsmith?

18th Galena, 1164 Late Summer

Instead of human traders, goblin siege has arrived. Led by 3 master lashers. Plenty for everyone, may the best dwarf win!

6th Limestone, 1164 Early Autumn

With all their trolls and blizzard men slain, the more clever of the goblins turned and ran away. I can't really blame them, even our marksdwarves are starting to get long names.
Only one of us was injured, yes, you guessed it, from the hammerdwarf squad. Guys, is it really so hard to equip all your armor?

Also, it appears that minotaurs can't be animated. Strange.

Training of hammerdwarves goes slowly. The new Hammerer, their 12 year old militia captain, has lost her upper front teeth. Against unarmed, but armored goblins. 4 dwarves in as many steel as they aren't too stupid to equip, armed with masterwork silver warhammers, against 6 goblins. I'm starting to think hammer is not a weapon of war.

27th Timber, 1164 Late Autumn

The dwarven caravan arrived safely, then a human siege came. I know these primitives are our most valuable allies, but they must be a little dense in the head to blame us for their diplomat's death, when the goblins killed him.

Screw this, the caravan did NOT arrive safely. One of their wagons was lagging behind, and moved on the bridge when it was raised. It got deconstructed. FFFfUUUUUUUU...
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 04:19:28 pm by Tirion »

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 29, 2012, 08:09:11 pm »

FFFfUUUUUUUU...
OH SNAP!

Oh, can I see my dorf's page, too?
I guess I must like helping others, since I'm the only one that won't walk over fallen comrades.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 29, 2012, 09:29:47 pm »

4th Malachite, 1164 Mid-Summer
The Minotaur Sposlar Lustfulveiled the Dented Mines has come. We let him in. Space Cat headstabbed it.

Headstab! +10 points!

Shame about our hammerer. The way you described it she was probably more wood than dwarf after all the splints were put on; would've been a cool fort-mascot and/or terrifying enforcer of justice.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 30, 2012, 01:57:55 am »

FFFfUUUUUUUU...
OH SNAP!

Oh, can I see my dorf's page, too?
I guess I must like helping others, since I'm the only one that won't walk over fallen comrades.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 30, 2012, 02:08:56 am »

For some reason, we are at 10 FPS. Extensive atomsmashing of corpses and xshitx is considered, maybe even with dfhack.

EDIT: FPS death has come for the fort. I downloaded dfhack, but I think I'd rather start another similar fort, relying on valuable experience learned from this one.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 04:23:32 pm by Tirion »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]