Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

Author Topic: Chainhammer - Necromancers vs Vampires- A Community Fortress  (Read 9789 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Chainhammer - Necromancers vs Vampires- A Community Fortress
« Reply #120 on: September 28, 2012, 06:06:18 am »

May I ask how my dorf is doing? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 28, 2012, 07:02:13 am »

May I ask how my dorf is doing?

Like a boss.
Ecstatic, healthy, and for some reason doesn't really care about anything anymore. Legendary Axedwarf, Shield User, Fighter, Miner. Even your shield is a named artifact for it's 2 kills (elven war animals).
Some friends, but no lover or wife, nor a widow (which is a peculiarly common trend in this fort).
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 07:11:08 am by Tirion »
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 28, 2012, 07:08:03 am »

22nd Hematite, 1162 Early Summer

A forgotten beast came to the top cavern layer, a blob made of fire with a shell. I'm not sure I comprehend it's true form.
5 more migrants came, one of them a great engraver, another a great siege engineer/siege operator/mechanic. The rest is useless. I think it's time to recruit a hammerdwarf squad from among the legends.

22nd Galena, 1162 Late Summer

Human caravan and diplomats arrived, we started hauling our rather large supply of large clothes (from all the trolls) to the depot. A goblin hammer squad ambushed the diplomat's bodyguards, but as both of them were lashers... well, it didn't end well for the greenskins. By the time our soldiers rushed out, there were no enemies alive, and a scarred human lasher stood proud, having earned the name Puji Vesseltrims the Bright Screams of Wonder. I guess it's from all those goblin 'What the f... (sound of goblin death)'s she caused.

Another 3 useless migrants came as the caravan was leaving. Fortress population is now 96.
3 blind cave ogres walked into cage traps, lured in by the Forgotten Beast bait wooden armor stand in the middle caverns. I'm not sure which squad should have the honor of trying to slay them, the hammerdwarves would need the experience but it may be too much for them.

18th Timber, 1162 Late Autumn
Dwarven caravan arrived.
Caccast Necarusan, an enormous ladybug composed of claystone, arrived in the lowest cavern and walked into a webbed cage trap. I consider waiting for a long time to see if those vapors escape the cage or not.
Atac, the great alligator with noxious secretions instead of eyelids, was successfully trapped in the middle cavern. It was  disposed of by a lot of bolts, once we finished trading with our brothers from the mountainhome.
A 7 year old child was possessed and made an unremarkable garnierite toy boat. I could think of better ways to use the precious imported ore.

7th Obsidian, 1162 Late Winter
The Tundra Titan Stux Rivergulf the Teal Sun has come. A gigantic eyeless dimetrodon. It has three short tails and it moves delibertely. It's cerulean scales are small and set far apart... OH SHIT? BEWARE IT'S FIRE! CLOSE THE GATES, NOW! MOVE MOVE MOVE!

22nd Obsidian, 1162 Late Winter
Thank the gods, the titan was ambushed by a squad of goblin lashers instead of a migrant wave. Then the zombies came. They are now on fire, but moving. I'm not letting those in.
Looks like the titan is dead now, and it's corpse is burning. Time to atomsmash the burning zombies, it's the only way to be sure!
Our legendary brewer was possessed. He grabbed two sheets of masterwork adamantine cloth and claimed the clothier's shop.
...and created

It'd sell for $1573200. Not that we would sell it. Not that anyone has that much money.

A group of zombies was left unsmashed and clashed with our soldiers. One poor Macedwarf, successor of the Mace Lord who died horribly from the vapors of the forgotten beast he killed, had her arm bone smashed open.
The burning zombies are just standing there, maintaining the siege, unwilling to leave or attack. Frontal attack deemed unnecessarily risky.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 03:23:35 pm by Tirion »
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 28, 2012, 05:06:06 pm »

28th Hematite 1163 Early Summer

I'm glad we have stockpiled everything, one of our hammerdwarf recruits, a pump operator (fulfills the letter of the law regarding legends in military, and provides a good boost for one's endurance) has been taken by a fey mood and claimed a magma glass furnace. He created
Not that we needed a glassmaker in a completely sand-less duchy.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 28, 2012, 05:26:51 pm »

"The Bright Screams of Wonder?" Cool title there.

Lovedswallow, a green glass bed menacing with spikes...totally no innuendos there.

Any chance I could see what my dorf's personality is like?
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 28, 2012, 05:48:49 pm »

"The Bright Screams of Wonder?" Cool title there.

Lovedswallow, a green glass bed menacing with spikes...totally no innuendos there.

Any chance I could see what my dorf's personality is like?

His wife and 2 out of 3 children are dead, and I should feel bad. I guess that explains why your dwarf doesn't really care about anything anymore.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 28, 2012, 06:21:47 pm »

What should I do with the !!zombies!! ? Mod the raws to add a melting point to flesh and bone, or rush them with marksdwarves and hope for the best?

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 28, 2012, 06:37:41 pm »

His wife and 2 out of 3 children are dead, and I should feel bad. I guess that explains why your dwarf doesn't really care about anything anymore.

Nonsense, I don't care about anything anymore because of that awesome double braided mustache I have there, not to mention the beard and the manly ponytail.

I think my dorf hasn't died yet because of the ridiculous amount of gods he worships... :D

What should I do with the !!zombies!! ? Mod the raws to add a melting point to flesh and bone, or rush them with marksdwarves and hope for the best?

If they aren't any serious threat, I'd just let the goblins try and deal with it. You can try modding the raws, or sic one of those captured forgotten beasts by building the cage it's in and near the zombies and either link it to a lever or wait for zombies to break the building. You could send in suicide squads, hordes of useless animals, anything you think would work, it's your fort, man.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 29, 2012, 06:51:20 am »

13th Timber, 1163 Late Autumn

I and the rest of the Fortress Guard personally dealt with the dozen burning zombies. We were ambushed by 2 squads of goblins, just as I feared we would, but we killed those as well, with timely assistance from our melee squads. I hope we can open the gates in time to let the dwarf caravan in.
We also recovered the body of our ghost to put him to rest, and his steel helm.

18th Timber, 1163 Late Autumn

A vile force of darkness has arrived and intercepted the dwarven caravan. Damn, we'll have a lot more bodies to recover.

14th Moonstone, 1163 Early Winter

So many bodies... but none from our fortress. Our military only suffered two injuries, and both will be back on their feet soon. Well, supposing anyone will have the time to care about them, we are swimming in goblin, troll and blizzard men corpses and equipment. Grau is working on one of them, the other is still in the depot hall, dozens of us are stepping over him...oh, mastahcheese just brought him in. The human diplomat died, as well as his bodyguards, slaying a few trolls themselves. I hope his will not cause another war.

27th Opal, 1163 Mid-Winter

Zuglar Bronzestake, daughter of the Mace Lord who gave his life to kill a rampaging forgotten beast, has grown up while working on a stack of bones in a fey mood. She successfully escaped her fate as future vampire lunch, and created

GWS says it's worth 73200. It will be good indestructible bait for forgotten beasts.

Once again, our refuse stockpile is overflowing. Miasma, miasma everywhere. I designated all useless corpses and parts to be dumped into the trash compactor.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 08:21:25 am by Tirion »

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 29, 2012, 08:48:24 am »

5th Granite, 1164 Early Spring

We could memoralize almost every merchant and guard, but one of them has risen as a ghost.
One of our planters was found dead. Grau says it was old age.
Another undead siege came, and they occupied our coffins, so to speak. I ordered a few more to be made, so we can bury our planter.
I tried leaving a few zombies to be killed by the hammerdwarf squad, but that just got them wiped out. One of them survived but had everything broken but is a hardened individual. If she gets back on her feet I'll re-recruit the squad.

An enormous leech composed of shell opal with webs arrived in the second cavern. We also have a towering one-eyed tick there, already in the trap, trying in vain to destroy the atrifact pig bone hatch cover. It went down like a pincushion, without any obvious kill shot, but the Captain of the Guard claimed bragging rights.

Time to see how our bolts do against a gemstone beast.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 09:40:22 am by Tirion »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 29, 2012, 09:26:46 am »

Holy crap, a dwarf died of old age? What is WRONG with this fortress?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 29, 2012, 09:29:58 am »

Long history, old migrants to begin with. The legendary weaponsmith is also 149 years old... I'm hoping for a mood among the lesser skilled weaponsmiths to produce a replacement before old age takes this one too.
Also, 3 more died to zombies. We still have hope  :D

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 29, 2012, 09:35:00 am »

Long history, old migrants to begin with.
So? You're playing DF, in a well-established fortress, with necromancers sieging it, and you need OLD AGE to kill your dwarves?
(And dwarves can die of old age anywhere from 150-170.)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 29, 2012, 09:43:47 am »

Long history, old migrants to begin with.
So? You're playing DF, in a well-established fortress, with necromancers sieging it, and you need OLD AGE to kill your dwarves?
(And dwarves can die of old age anywhere from 150-170.)

No necromancers have come in years, they only send their zombies, 100 at a time.

Nonetheless, experiment time: if we kill the gemstone webbing beast, we shall se if it reanimates, and if yes, will it have powers or not.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 29, 2012, 10:07:22 am »

14th Felsite, 1164 Late Spring

We have broken the undead siege, it's time to collect the bodies. If only they wouldn't send so many dwarven corpses against us...
I promoted to the sole survivor of the original hammer squad to Hammerer. She'll live, but she'll have so many splints it will look like a wooden exoskeleton.
The shell opal tick was a big anticlimax, dieing from a single bolt chipping its body. We'll see now if it reanimates.

27th Felsite, 1164 Late Spring

The puny war beasts of the elves ambushed our workers cleaning the corpses from the entrance tunnel. Even the civilians drove them away. Seriously, war giant cheetahs?
By the time the main knife-ear strike force arrived, our military awaited them. They fled quickly, leaving behind a few dead beasts and elves. Somehow they managed to wound a Marksdwarf, who was assigned to the Hammer Squad. I get the feeling that it's not good luck to be in that squad.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 10:33:49 am by Tirion »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10