Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18

Author Topic: Devlogs from 2050  (Read 46324 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Devlogs from 2050
« Reply #165 on: October 21, 2012, 07:56:11 pm »

Fixed the bug that caused human civilizations to be extinct early. They wasted their entire militaries trying to invade unoccupied islands, leaving them undefended for other threats. Now, they will simply claim the islands as their on, albeit regardless of any prior inhabitants.

Robosaur

• Bay Watcher
  • [POOP:INORGANIC: NUCLEAR_BOMBS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 21, 2012, 08:18:45 pm »

> Ethics involving swear words are now handled properly.
You are a terrible person and the sad truth is deep down you know it.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #167 on: October 21, 2012, 08:29:00 pm »

A lot of these 'bugs' sound so awesome that I don't want them to be 'fixed'.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 21, 2012, 08:44:59 pm »

-Creatures which worship a god of apathy no longer keep losing their faith, only to regain it again a few frames later. The excessive spam and job cancellations should be fixed.
-The universe now expands as you approach the boundary, making it effectively limitless.
-The number of spatial dimensions are now randomized. They are initially set to include dimensions as low as -37 or as high as +37, but can be adjusted in world gen parameters.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 22, 2012, 07:38:54 pm »

- civilizations no longer buy out one-another, fixing the dual-debt-stagnation problem.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 22, 2012, 08:11:46 pm »

-Fixed the bug where two Roman-like civilizations will each conquer half the world, and then turning it into a wasteland due to wars.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 22, 2012, 08:28:54 pm »

That's not a bug.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 22, 2012, 08:47:11 pm »

THAT'S AWESOME

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 22, 2012, 09:18:18 pm »

-Fixed the bug where two Roman-like civilizations will each conquer half the world, and then turning it into a wasteland due to wars.

Yeah. Embark on the edge, in the warzone, as a dead civilization, and hold out. We have Dwarven Last Stand.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 22, 2012, 09:43:55 pm »

Yeah. Embark on the edge, in the warzone, as a dead civilization, and hold out. We have Dwarven Last Stand.
I know, my firs thought was "that sounds Awesome."
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 22, 2012, 10:01:45 pm »

I know, my firs thought was "that sounds Awesome."

Right? 10-20 ish dwarves versus the combined might of two Roman Empires. No traps allowed. No age limit for the dwarves. Max embark points.
And you have to name all your dwarves 'Spartacus'.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 22, 2012, 10:03:34 pm »

- Fixed issue where the long since fixed quantum stockpiling bug could be replicated through careful abuse of macros, resulting in a gravitational singularity forming as a result of matter occupying the same space at the same time.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 10:05:19 pm by Archereon »
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 22, 2012, 10:08:40 pm »

Why is everyone obsessed with singularities?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 22, 2012, 10:21:40 pm »

Idk. But that's the one way it could actually happen in a hypothetical super fantasy simulator with uber-physics: Someone causes enough mass to occupy the same space at the same time to create a sufficiently large singularity to swallow the Earth. That or someone creates a microscopic black hole in the LDC (Large-Dorf-Collider), which naturally fails to destroy the world.
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 22, 2012, 11:05:46 pm »

Why is everyone obsessed with singularities?

Well, a gravitational singularity would be much less spectacular than everyone thinks. Everything that fell in would appear to stop right outside the event horizon.

But a technological singularity would be AWESOME.
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18