Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18

Author Topic: Devlogs from 2050  (Read 46352 times)

TheDJ17

• Bay Watcher
  • [SWAG]
    • View Profile
Re: Devlogs from 2050
« Reply #90 on: September 13, 2012, 09:21:29 pm »

- Decreased the likely hood of ending up in a solid object while plane shifting.
The spinning =<*Free Form Jazz*>= strikes the Poster in all the senses, ya' dig, utterly blowing the mind!
The Status Quo has been struck down!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 13, 2012, 09:22:50 pm »

- Decreased the likely hood of ending up in a solid object while plane shifting. It still happens, though, heh heh.

Fixed.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 14, 2012, 06:13:01 am »

- Sentient creature AI passed Turing test.
- Stopped Urist McPhilosopher from convincing the tester he himself is an AI.
- Finally fixed the "Laplace Demon" bug that caused the entire history (including the "future" until heat death of the universe) to be revealed at start of worldgen.
- Stopped another attempt at world domination by the sentient creature AI.
- [DATA EXPUNGED]
- Stopped worldgen crash from random arbitrary-size strangelet nucleation.
- Pervented in-game creation of Dwarf Fortress in order to stop the infinite recursion bug.
- Quantum level events are now truly random.
Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 14, 2012, 06:38:30 am »

Subatomic particles will no longer be larger than atoms. Or dwarves.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 14, 2012, 07:01:43 pm »

Update 1.00.87.90

Bug fixes

-Fixed a bug where Dwarven secret service agents thought the president was a terrorist and shot him then tried to jump in front of the bullet. On the other hand, presidents no longer wear a orange sash because poets would go insane trying to write poems about the president because nothing rhymes with orange.
-Aliens no longer destroy the planet before dwarves have flown in space.
-6th level AI will now allow you to auto pilot spacecraft, however it has a tendency to fly into black holes so I do not recommend it unless you have the black hole drive, in which case its perfectly fine.EDIT: this has been fixed 6.5 jiffy's ago.
-Nuclear reactors will no longer mutate wireless data causing hilarious side effects.

New features

-Cheese can now be produced by strange moods and is the only cheese that will be engraved during the classic age((OOC:Dwarf fortress now))
-Jetpacks can now have blenders attached to them.
-Added logic to dwarves. They are no longer stupid, however [DATA EXPUNGED]
-Added Dwarf fortress to Real life mode. Shut up, now you can play dwarf fortress in dwarf fortress!
-Legends are now 100% accurate at predicting the future, as opposed to 99.9999999999999999999999999999 I had to limit to it previously.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 14, 2012, 07:07:50 pm »

Dwarves will no longer go into strange moods and produce items which require technology you lack. No more tanks before gasoline, nuclear reactors before uranium, or blowguns before blowgun darts.
Sig

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 14, 2012, 07:16:11 pm »

- Dwarvern leaders will no longer be swayed by their own propoganda into changing the policies that were the root of the propoganda.
- Parasites now correctly die off when a creature has imbibed sufficient booze.
- Combustion engines now only work on flammable liquids that produce vapour at the temperature of the engine. This has fixed, among other things, water combustion engines.
- Armok's ((Essentially the world GM)) AI has now reached small rodent levels of problem solving ability.
- Sentients in legwear too large for them now correctly interact physically. They will still make claims to the contrary.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 14, 2012, 07:19:56 pm »

You have to think of how epic the game would be if all of the removed things were implemented and not removed, all exploits were not fixed, and all the things that were added were there.  (All of the things listed in this thread of course)
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 14, 2012, 08:14:56 pm »

Dwarves no longer reject non-virgin brides is they, ahem, deflowered her.

Modded creatures with custom blood types should no longer cause bugs where blood transfusions would cause instant coltting of the blood. On the other hand, that code has been set aside as a new syndrome that forgotten beasts and the like can get, heh heh.

School projects no longer trigger strange moods.

Fell moods no longer target entities marked for butchering who are the moody dwarf.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 08:16:47 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 14, 2012, 10:06:19 pm »

-Testing a buffed version of the Random Number God.
*two hours later*
-The Random Number God has been debuffed after he somehow got ye flask and caused Dwarf Fortress.exe to implode on itself.

-Coding has been put on hold while I get a new computer.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 14, 2012, 10:11:04 pm »

Suicidal people will now properly give quests to kill them.

Priests of gods of suicide will no longer excommunicate members or declare holy wars on those who do not follow their beliefs about suicide. Also, priests of suicide gods are no longer required to commit suicide.

Dwarves will no longer use engravings to mock the player's poor choices. Intentionally.
Sig

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 14, 2012, 10:26:45 pm »

Also, priests of suicide gods are no longer required to commit suicide.

Urist McPriest: Greetings Urist McAdventurer.
Urist McPriest: When faced with life's challenges, consider suicide.
Urist McAdventurer: ...

On topic:

-Dwarf Fortress v 0.37.27 will be put on hold while I code the metal box which will preserve my brain to prolong death.  We may actually reach Dwarf Fortress v 1.0.0!
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 15, 2012, 12:25:40 am »

-Moved suicide gods to the "powered by dead followers" sphere. In retrospect, I'm not sure why I put them in the "powered by living followers" sphere to begin with.
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 15, 2012, 06:40:42 am »

Also, priests of suicide gods are no longer required to commit suicide.

Urist McPriest: Greetings Urist McAdventurer.
Urist McPriest: When faced with life's challenges, consider suicide.
Urist McAdventurer: ...

On topic:

-Dwarf Fortress v 0.37.27 will be put on hold while I code the metal box which will preserve my brain to prolong death.  We may actually reach Dwarf Fortress v 1.0.0!
ETA for DF 1.0 is around 2030.

Dwarves will no longer attempt to discover immortality to finish projects they should be able to finish before the end of their natural loves, such as large statues or breakfast.
Sig

reality.auditor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 15, 2012, 07:16:54 am »

Not dead, but finished, safer to say.
Development of DF will never be finished, only ceased for one reason or another.

If you really want to know (no, you don't) what would happen if Toady would still develop original DF in 2050, against any reason or sane thought...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Are weapons like the least lethal thing in DF?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18