Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18

Author Topic: Devlogs from 2050  (Read 46341 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Devlogs from 2050
« Reply #60 on: September 11, 2012, 03:32:38 pm »

Added slavery, multiplayer, and playability of non-dwarven races. I am not saying this under coercion by dwarves.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 11, 2012, 05:47:36 pm »

World gen now properly tracks genetic sequences in creature creation, natural selection is working again.

(two weeks later)

Natural selection was causing elves to all starve to death during world gen. In a couple instances there were worlds where elves conquered all the other races because those were their only sources of food. I've put a placeholder crop in for the elves that will prevent these kind of things until I get to working on plant generation.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 11, 2012, 06:22:12 pm »

Crops are already in, and have been for a while...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

TSTwizby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 11, 2012, 11:39:34 pm »

-fixed typo in the raws where vitamin A was ten times as poisonous as it should be, resulting in dwarves being killed whenever they ate carrots.
-added checks against friction when creatures are hit by moving fortress parts. Not that they'd survive that anyway.
-electric charge now properly redistributes itself over irregularly shaped objects, though there's still a few bugs to work out regarding arcing and sharp points. For now swords and things are just considered to be rectangles, to stop swords from burning down the fortress every time there's a rainstorm.
I got a female and male dragon on my embark. I got cagetraps on the exits but im struggling to find a way to make them path into it.
Live bait.
3 dwarfs out of 7 dead so far

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 12, 2012, 08:37:05 am »

Crops are already in, and have been for a while...
I think the joke was that elves won't harvest and kill their own crops in worldgen
My wooden badge was delicious.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #65 on: September 12, 2012, 09:13:52 am »

Dwarf Fortress 0.45.09 Patch Notes - September 12 2050

Fixed:
-Titans will no longer cause cave-ins when too full.
-Heads of Lettuce have had their caloric content reduced from 10,000 to 10 and nutrition stats increased. Dwarves will now need to eat more than one lettuce per month to live.
-Dwaves will no longer mourn relatives who are killed off-map until the death announcement makes it back to the fortress.
-Summoned imps tasked to mine out mineral veins will no longer mine structural supports made of those minerals as well as smoothed walls.
-Light from partially carved FullBright runes will no longer cause Dwarven Runemasters to suffer from cave adaptation during the carving, causing them to vomit and ruin the carving and start a cycle of cleaning and carving.

Changed:
-Warhammer mass increased, and striking surface increased to match recent changes in armor thickness and penetration system
-Layer/Organ/Wound rebalanced. Axes and other sharp weapons can no longer 'sever' a liver without breaking the skin. Warhammers cannot knock a goblin's spleen out of its body without causing any other wounds.

Added:
-Traders now get upset if you butcher their pack animals
-Expeditions seizing a fortress will now have the option of not enslaving the goblin survivors rather than exterminating them
-Goblin slaves can lead revolts and uprisings, or stage passive protests
-Elves who attack your fortress and win will now correctly butcher and consume dead dwarves before selling the fortress population into slavery

reality.auditor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 12, 2012, 11:38:23 am »

Most realistic: no devlogs. Slaves to Armok: God of Blood Chapter II: Dwarf Fortress project is long ago dead.
Are weapons like the least lethal thing in DF?

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 12, 2012, 12:01:43 pm »

Most realistic: no devlogs. Slaves to Armok: God of Blood Chapter II: Dwarf Fortress project is long ago dead.

Not dead, but finished, safer to say.
Since 1.0.0 (afaik) is planned to come out in 20-30 years...

Then it's...
Slaves to Armok: God of Blood - Chapter III: Dwarven Supercruiser.

Featuring real-time multiverse generation, four-dimensional virtual reality, everything in retro-style, hyperHD* quality.

* - the game uses now long-outdated Unreal Engine 4.0, for true retro feel.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #68 on: September 12, 2012, 12:09:49 pm »

Not dead, but finished, safer to say.
Since 1.0.0 (afaik) is planned to come out in 20-30 years...

Then it's...
Slaves to Armok: God of Blood - Chapter III: Dwarven Supercruiser.

Featuring real-time multiverse generation, four-dimensional virtual reality, everything in retro-style, hyperHD* quality.

* - the game uses now long-outdated Unreal Engine 4.0, for true retro feel.
It renders ascii graphics using the Unreal engine? AMAZING!

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 12, 2012, 12:41:44 pm »

-No functional changes this update, but the filesize is reduced to 3 KB. Thank you science for finally working out the theory of everything and making my job much, much easier. Double-quantum ultradynamics should be finished up tomorrow.
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #70 on: September 12, 2012, 02:08:45 pm »

Fixed bug where artistic liscence by the authors of epic poetry altered history.

Fixed bug which caused pathological liars to often be hired as interpreters in trade negotiations.

Removed Herobrine

Adjusted ethics modeling to make armed raids between rival soft drink companies less likely.
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 12, 2012, 02:37:36 pm »

1st January , 2050 :
creatures won't store cheese in their pants anymore .

2nd January , 2050 :
reintroduced the cheese storing pants , after a terrible test where worlds went completely corrupted , dark and terrible , just because of cheeseless pants .
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 02:41:54 pm by brainfreez »
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!
Breainfreez : wait .... really ?

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Sprin Dragon, Master of Madness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 12, 2012, 02:38:59 pm »

Toady- I have sold the gamerights

DF forum-NOOOOOOO!!!
Quote from: Karnewarrior
HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS LOOKING UP RULE 34 OF D*CKS?
Sprin is certifiably insane, but there is no denying his brilliance.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 12, 2012, 03:16:09 pm »

Toady- I have sold the gamerights

DF forum-NOOOOOOO!!!

Well, Valve got it, so there goes any hope of Chapter lll.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Adequate Swimmer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 12, 2012, 04:14:25 pm »

It's better to be produced by Valve then, say, Zynga. Or god forbid, SOE.
[VALUE:PEACE:0]
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18