Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18

Author Topic: Devlogs from 2050  (Read 46326 times)

Z1000000m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Devlogs from 2050
« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2012, 08:25:45 pm »

I know I'll get alot of heat for this, but

Fixed:
-Healthcare fixes. Doctors now will interrupt their task to help the injured.
-Cleared and simplified military interface. Setting an emergency militia doesnt require you to spend 20 minutes fiddling with the options.
-Sparring is finally fixed.
-Crossbowdwarves now will intelligently pick bolts.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2012, 10:29:18 pm »

- Dwarves will now stack like items and take from stacks intelligently.
- Fixed combat so the areas of the body you can target are proportional to the weapon you're using and your given skill with it. No more knocking out all of a dudes teeth with war hammers.
- If a dwarf is around a creature (or confined with) long enough he will take it as a pet and name it.
- Elves now view the concept of pets as a horrendous act of enslavement.
- (two days later) fixed the bug where elves would condemn you for having pets after having sold you some caged giant mantises.

- Minting currency will now properly influence the inflation of prices.
- General economy fixes.
- The economist job was fixed so that when elected to assist a noble or leader he won't purposely destroy the economy.
- Added new form of torture, beard shaving will now be performed to dwarven POWs if the capturing races government or generals see fit to do it.

- fixed a targeting problem where rioters would throw fire-bombs into their own crowd.
- Non lethal weapons added in the revolutions arc.

Miko19

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2012, 01:02:23 pm »

Released Dwarf Fortress 0.45.01

Adequate Swimmer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2012, 01:30:37 pm »

Traders no longer go fishing instead of trading at depot.
[VALUE:PEACE:0]

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2012, 02:30:57 pm »

finally , the 0.34.13 release is ready .
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!
Breainfreez : wait .... really ?

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 10, 2012, 03:33:31 pm »

Released Dwarf Fortress 0.45.01

classic.

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Sprin Dragon, Master of Madness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 10, 2012, 04:53:21 pm »

Toady- I just found out... WE are in a finished version of DF.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS LOOKING UP RULE 34 OF D*CKS?
Sprin is certifiably insane, but there is no denying his brilliance.

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 10, 2012, 07:22:45 pm »

-Negotiations concluded with dwarven Physicists' Guild. Waterwheels are back in, but physicist is now a noble position.
-Molar mass range of island of stability materials fixed; oxygen gas is no longer radioactive.
-Fixed bug where sieges would use undeployed catapult wagons as ammunition in deployed catapults. Free catapults should be far harder to come by.
-Tweaked carp demons attack values, to make them more dangerous. Also, they can no longer be trained for war by the slavemaster.
-Failed again to isolate code responsible for Dwarven sentience. Seriously considering backdating the whole game to 1.01.002L - unions were not something I had expected to have to deal with.
-Adventure Mode now compatible with VirtuSoft Simulation Chambers. You poor fools.
-Multiplayer: Fixed compatibility between server worlds using different raws. Dwarves from one world should now retain structural stability on transfer to another server.
-Multiplayer: Still not sure exactly how evolution code managed to produce malicious self-replicating code snippets, but it shouldn't happen anymore. My sincere apologies to anybody who was hijacked by one of these artifacts through their simulator.
-Reduced realism of religion generator, to prevent further world religions from originating in the game. No offense intended to the Church of Cacarmok, but this was getting out of hand.
Generally, when one is conducting an experiment, it is worth noting that the observers went insane, killed each other, and then rose from the dead.
It's like DF inhaled a peanut.

irontide

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking like an unconscious liaison in your moat
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 10, 2012, 09:06:39 pm »

I think the best on still is this in the OP:
Fixed a crash bug when translating counting-based nursery rhymes to civilizations with different base number systems.

This one I like as well:
- A bug in the convection system caused underground magma to cause increasingly massive screaming whirlwinds in the cavern space above it, eventually gaining enough force to blow entire continents into the stratosphere a couple centuries into worldgen. There's now a check for this, although your dwarves can still get blown off walkways by currents, he he he.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #54 on: September 10, 2012, 10:43:38 pm »

Outstanding Bugs
- Venture capitalists indiscriminately fund companies that produce absolutely useless but cheap products, which causes them to create more goods than any other organization and rule the economy, eventually running the government and taking entire countries by force.
Shoe Event Horizon?
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 10, 2012, 10:44:57 pm »

Outstanding Bugs
- Venture capitalists indiscriminately fund companies that produce absolutely useless but cheap products, which causes them to create more goods than any other organization and rule the economy, eventually running the government and taking entire countries by force.
Shoe Event Horizon?

And thus HHGTTG becomes a reality.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 10, 2012, 10:55:38 pm »

-Fixed a hangup that occurred when the projectile physics simulator failed to properly recognize the Planck Constant under certain circumstances, causing a Zeno's Paradox
-Made Giant Pandas slightly friskier to prevent extinction from occurring twenty years into worldgen
-Slightly raised the Mathematician skill requirement for constructing Alternating Current-based circuits
-Fixed a bizarre error that caused Memristor crafting jobs to produce grizzly bears instead of Memristors
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Fen

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretly A Kobold Werebull
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 10, 2012, 11:44:43 pm »

-Fixed a bug where advanced DNA/RNA splicing would cause sufficient mutations in host bodies to begin altering the raw files in the game to match host's data.
-Traveling at or above 88 mph in a minecart with adequate electrical powering and technology pieces should now properly create time travel.
-Crash bug involving 4+ black hole collisions should be rectified, may also occur when multiple supernovas go off in the same space quadrant.
-Napalm should now be appropriately difficult to put out.
-Removed some worrying code lines that caused dwarfs with Mathematician and Programmer skills to begin to develop an extremely in-depth computer simulation.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 11:47:30 pm by Fen »
This space for rent

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 11, 2012, 12:17:31 am »

-Started the Space Travel Arc
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 11, 2012, 07:42:13 am »

-Reduced realism of religion generator, to prevent further world religions from originating in the game. No offense intended to the Church of Cacarmok, but this was getting out of hand.
And so DF players finally took over the world.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18