Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18

Author Topic: Devlogs from 2050  (Read 46295 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: Devlogs from 2050
« Reply #210 on: January 04, 2013, 05:48:16 am »

* Undid the bugfix for the pre-prepared bug added simultaneously retroactively 40 years and 6 months ago. I need to fix those bugs later.
* Disregard this. It was actually another bug that caused it.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 14, 2013, 02:53:31 pm »

*Finally fixed a bug with mayors of large cities trying to outlaw styrofoam and large drinks. This update will be save compatible, but you won't see results until the next election.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

RenoFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 14, 2013, 03:25:20 pm »

The AI rewrite is bringing up some old bugs I've been neglecting, as shown by the adamantine cities... The first world I generated was filled with everything from tools to buildings made of steel, gold, adamantine and basically any metal in the game. I went to the library to find some explanation for this, and found countless books written by mages, alchemists and theologians alike, pondering the mystery of why melting down bolts created more metal than was used to make them. This bug was easily fixed, but I'm expecting the clever dwarves to find more exploits like this before the next release.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 15, 2013, 10:36:43 pm »

I am now releasing the very first snippet of source code. It was carefully selected, so I could share with the most possible secrecy.
Code: [Select]
==

Chimpanzee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 16, 2013, 04:29:10 am »

FEATURES:
* Added a new noble position: Templar, which can be appointed if you have an Altar. The Templar's job is to clean the altar once in a while.

MAJOR CHANGES:
* Air is now not counted by individual tiles, but as large bodies of gas. This should result in significantly better FPS.
* Black sand is now affected by gravity, just like other kinds of sand.

BUG FIXES/TWEAKS:
* Fixed a bug in which kangaroo colossi made of heavy materials did very little damage when landing on the ground.
* Fixed a bug where flesh balls' meat sucking ability would make them grow larger than the amount of meat sucked.
* Fixed a bug where fire spines would not produce flowers.
* Fixed a bug where land nautilus colossi and axolotl collosi, no matter their composition, would always leave a heap of bronze when killed.
* Slightly tweaked air pressure physics, so that migratory birds would have an easier time catching the winds.
"I am a Legandary Weaver! Nobody handles cloth like me"
"Yeah, that's great. Hey, are you done? If so, we need to smelt this ten thousand large load of hematite. I'll see you next month."
"WHAT AN OUTRAGE! I AM A LIVING LEGEND! I SHOULD BE WEAVING"
"That's nice. Tell you what, pretend you are weaving metal out of this ore. Now get to work."

nwob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 16, 2013, 05:06:51 am »

Slightly tweaked airspeed velocity of African Swallow to better facilitate carrying of coconuts.

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 16, 2013, 05:13:43 am »

(Damn no more fleshball-centipeds that close on themselfs. I used those to get surplus meat by severing layers of muscle via the torture function. *sighs*)

*Fixed a few bugs in the initial natural balance of regions while having another go with it. The Worldgen now creates variations and subspecies in many places and ballances them out reliable. I got 30 kinds of Finches on an Island-group from the basic one that persists within the raws. Having a look at theyr predators i realized that consist of 3 kinds of phantom spider. It was hard to find them in 2k plus insect variations so i might need to build a filter in.
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Kamamura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 18, 2013, 04:18:57 am »

- BUGFIX: Dwarves now properly equip assigned gear for combat, train in squads by themselves, and engage together as a unit in a tactically meaningful manner
The entire content consists of senseless murder, a pile of faceless naked women and zero regard for human life in general, all in the service of the protagonist's base impulses. It is clearly a cry for help from a neglected, self absorbed and disempowered juvenile badly in need of affectionate guidance. What a sad, sad display.

nwob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 18, 2013, 05:39:54 am »

- BUGFIX: Dwarves now properly equip assigned gear for combat, train in squads by themselves, and engage together as a unit in a tactically meaningful manner

Okay, he's only got 37 years to programme this stuff, let's not be unrealistic

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #219 on: June 19, 2013, 11:50:34 pm »

Okay, he's only got 37 years to programme this stuff, let's not be unrealistic
- BUGFIX: Dwarves now properly equip assigned gear for combat and train in squads by themselves. Soon they'll engage together as a unit in a tactically meaningful manner
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Robosaur

• Bay Watcher
  • [POOP:INORGANIC: NUCLEAR_BOMBS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 20, 2013, 12:06:54 am »

Flightspeed Momentum of eagles tweaked. They will no longer fail to change direction and die, crashing into the side of a mountain.
You are a terrible person and the sad truth is deep down you know it.

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 20, 2013, 02:33:20 am »

*neither will they brake the sound-barrier anymore. Supersonic birds is just wrong.
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 20, 2013, 03:53:06 pm »

BUGFIX: Fixed a minor typo in the code that lead to some moving objects or creatures breaking their innate speed limits. This should also fix the infrequent crashes experienced since the last patch, which were caused by the unimaginable amount of kinetic energy released when one such object did not lose speed gradually, in other words, crashed. The released energy could result in supernova-class explosions, which erased every single tile. Without tiles, the player had no tile assigned, which ultimately crashed the game.

Of course, this also means that I'll be needing to make sure that such supernovas, when occurring naturally, don't do the same, as tests with the worldgen time limit removed show that the sun in your starting solar system will eventually die and erase all tiles on your planet. Until then, if your sun has expanded, try to play on a planet that isn't within the star's new radius.
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 22, 2013, 01:27:54 pm »

- I've been working on getting post-traumatic behavioral changes working right, but the Goblin Tower I've been trying to use to tes the Suicide system seems more resilient than it should be. For whatever reason, goblins don't seem to want to kill themselves. And I'm running out of beakdog pups to drop into their dining hall.

I suspect the [BLOODTHIRSTY] tag is the culprit, which would actually mean it's doing it's job, but in the wrong place. Goblin's natural relationship with the beakdogs should make it traumatizing by the sixtieth one at least. I need to go through the raw code again and see if I mistyped a value.

- Dwarves now react appropriately to other dwarves being on fire, namely running around and screaming, or grabbing a bucket if they have a high amount of courage. Unfortunately, they still don't check the contents of the bucket, resulting in a rather amusing parade of brave dwarves pouring magma on another dwarf as he burns to death. I need to fix it, but I think if the dwarf is absentminded enough I'll make this an actual feature, if only for the stories it'll cause.

- In forum news, I've been working on a Admin AI and I think it's ready for a protoyping test. I'm not going to give it real power to ban people, but it'll send you a PM instead. If it does anything bad, let me or another Admin know and they'll clear it up. Special thanks to Blingrock and Toasty One for resolutely guarding the forum from spambots and trolls. I'm too old to monitor 100,000,000 people myself, so thank you.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: July 13, 2013, 12:50:13 pm »

(Damn no more fleshball-centipeds that close on themselfs. I used those to get surplus meat by severing layers of muscle via the torture function. *sighs*)

-Added Gyro as food for mediterranean-style cultures; if parts of that population emigrate to an industrialist-militaristic country, some variation of the Dönertier may pop up.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18