Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: retarded military  (Read 1248 times)

nopeasants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
retarded military
« on: September 05, 2012, 11:26:49 am »

hey all... made up a new fortress got everything going blah blah blah
then when i sterted sending my military to go kill random animals they would turn back into normal citizens.
say my axedwarf kills a slugman and then after he turns into a peasant. Why is this happening??? and how can I fix it??

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: retarded military
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 11:30:41 am »

Your squad is probably set on the inactive schedule. You can check if they still wear their armor and weapon on their civilian life by cehcking their inventory ('v', then inv).

They become soldiers when they are on a soldier job (kill something), or are in the Active/training schedule (from memory, I think it's 's', then select your squad and 't').
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 11:33:33 am by Boltgun »

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 11:42:29 am »

Train him in a civilian skill, turning from military to peasant causes bad thoughts. Also, that's not retarded. Standing around naked with literally hundreds of surplus usable sized armor pieces in the same room, when assigned an uniform that replaces clothing- THAT'S retarded.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 09:34:22 pm »

After a kill order is complete, dwarves will cancel it.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2012, 10:37:49 pm »

Right, if you want dwarves to stay in military mode to attack multiple targets, use the move command, not the kill command.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

nopeasants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2012, 06:40:15 am »

Train him in a civilian skill, turning from military to peasant causes bad thoughts. Also, that's not retarded. Standing around naked with literally hundreds of surplus usable sized armor pieces in the same room, when assigned an uniform that replaces clothing- THAT'S retarded.

haha they to that too

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2012, 08:44:49 pm »

Right, if you want dwarves to stay in military mode to attack multiple targets, use the move command, not the kill command.
Or set the kill command on them all.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2012, 12:08:02 am »

Or set the kill command on them all.
Kill them Urist. Kill them all!

Tibbz2

• Bay Watcher
  • I wonder what this does...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2012, 03:40:48 am »

Did this get changed then? Last time I played they would kill it and would keep the order and just run around the body :p
THE DEMONS ESCAPED MY ICE TRAP AND NOW MY LAST WARRIOR IS SMACKING THEM ALL DOWN WITH HER DECEASED TODDLER OH GOD THE BOOZE JUST EXPLODED AND THERE'S SMOKE AND FIRE EVERYWHERE JESUS CHRIST.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2012, 04:08:50 pm »

Did this get changed then? Last time I played they would kill it and would keep the order and just run around the body :p

Yes, it did. Surprised me in a pleasant way when it did.
Sig

Tibbz2

• Bay Watcher
  • I wonder what this does...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2012, 04:28:35 pm »

Yes, it did. Surprised me in a pleasant way when it did.

Awesome :D
THE DEMONS ESCAPED MY ICE TRAP AND NOW MY LAST WARRIOR IS SMACKING THEM ALL DOWN WITH HER DECEASED TODDLER OH GOD THE BOOZE JUST EXPLODED AND THERE'S SMOKE AND FIRE EVERYWHERE JESUS CHRIST.