Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: On uniforms  (Read 942 times)

Berossus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
On uniforms
« on: September 05, 2012, 03:08:00 am »

Ok, so im ready to equip my first company with adamantite armor.
I created a new uniform, assigned adamantite everything to it, but now im kinda stumped on weapons.
I want them to carry adamantite slashing/stabbing weapons, but silver war hammers/maces.
So do i add
a) individual choice - admantite melee
AND
b) silver war hammers,
so that each dwarf selects either an adamantite axe or a silver hammer, or will they each grab 2 weapons then?
My son, many speak of the honor in war.
My preferred method is to wait until their back is turned, then impale them with a pike held by someone else.
Preferrably from a distance.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
Re: On uniforms
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 03:19:57 am »

they'll grab both, they will try to fill every item slot that you define in the uniform.

Trickman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 03:28:35 am »

they'll grab both, they will try to fill every item slot that you define in the uniform.
But they will only equip one, right?

As far as I'm concerned, they can only grab one equipable per hand, provided that it's one-handed.

OP: In these cases, what I do is manually set the weapon for each soldier. Having Toady put some aditional logic options for that issue would be mint, though ("Equip adamantine sword [EXCLUSIVE OR] silver hammer").
This is a plain text forum signature. All typedwarfship is of the finest quality. It menaces with sentences of plain text.

Berossus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 03:31:04 am »

Guess ill set individual choice melee then, and manually give them their tool of (my) choice.
My preferred method is to wait until their back is turned, then impale them with a pike held by someone else.

hjd_uk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2012, 03:45:45 am »

2 5-man squads ? One with each Uniform?

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2012, 09:34:47 am »

Dwarfs are magical creatures capable of equip any number of items in a hand. For example, my cureent militia commander only has one
arm, and yet can carry a shield and a weapon. Another carries two silver warhammers and a shield. Another a sword, a shield and a crutch.
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2012, 12:02:50 pm »

As far as I'm concerned, they can only grab one equipable per hand, provided that it's one-handed.
They can equip anything any amount of times in a single hand without penalty. They will equip both if you assign both.

Berossus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2012, 12:18:20 pm »

But what will he use then?
If my legendary +5 hammerdwarf tries to stab someone with a shortsword and a skill of 2, hes of little use to me...

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2012, 12:31:20 pm »

But what will he use then?
If my legendary +5 hammerdwarf tries to stab someone with a shortsword and a skill of 2, hes of little use to me...
Assign the warhammer first, and it'll be the preferred weapon.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2012, 12:31:33 pm »

They will use both situationally. If the warhammer lets stuck in some goblins innard, out will come the sword. Also as people have mentioned you can equip them with many many weapons, and more importantly many many shields, all of which will help block attacks.
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?