Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27

Author Topic: Voandrath (Yak-Space)(Demigods Destroyed: 1)  (Read 38563 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Voandrath (Yak-Space)(Still accepting folks)
« Reply #360 on: October 07, 2012, 05:01:34 am »

"There is no difference between the two times, Hayes, combined with the lack of atmosphere an evening on Isaeyr is the same as a day on it, using a terran planetary cycle and atmospheric composition as a comparisonal baseline.

Aside from that unrelated tangent, I had a few things about this position I needed to discuss with you, namely the inadequate resources available for use. Another topic of inteest would be the presense of organic lifeforms inside a cavern on Isaeyr."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: October 07, 2012, 05:34:37 pm »

"Are you planning to take off, Em?"
Emmanuel sighed and was about to move over to the Godsplitter to check on his bag when he noticed Kaylee. Or even better, she made herself noticed.

"Time to get into action, I guess. The Godsplitter is fine, so I'm answering the call." he answered, watching as Avens also reported for duty...and a woman wearing nothing but pants, boots and a leather apron commanded the repairs. Living and learning...or something, he thought as he looked away.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: October 07, 2012, 05:42:59 pm »

"No, that is enough of an explanation. I will return to my duties then."

Arthur left, and on his way to the office, concentrated on the task at hand.

Deploy marines and seize the planet. Dreadnought is to be hauled back to Fed base once the planet is secure.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 02:45:34 am by Ardas »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: October 07, 2012, 05:47:09 pm »

"Then may you fly under blessed skies, or so the saying goes." Kaylee replied, giving her friend a smile of good intention. "Just don't go off and kill yourself, ok? I've missed you for more than a year and a half and I don't want to see another firework in the air telling me otherwise."

She saluted to him, and awaited the liftoff. Staying back to help with anything that needed doing on-base, perhaps asking the woman on what she could do.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: October 08, 2012, 12:47:03 am »

"Then may you fly under blessed skies, or so the saying goes." Kaylee replied, giving her friend a smile of good intention. "Just don't go off and kill yourself, ok? I've missed you for more than a year and a half and I don't want to see another firework in the air telling me otherwise."
"Sure, I'll try not to die, but I think you'll come with us too, when you mech is returned, right? If you don't come, then...good-bye." Emmanuel answered, smiling a bit, before moving to the Godsplitter, getting his bag and taking it somewhere safe - where he wouldn't be seen changing, at least.

After spitting the bullet he was chewing on and undergoing a painfully slow process of getting dressed due to his broken arm, he finally got his suit on - the one which came with the Godsplitter, its design mirrorring the mech - whilst showing obvious displeasure at his situation. Having a limb broken before a combat situation wasn't in his plans, and he felt like an idiot for it.

Emmanuel sighed before moving to find Bubblegum and say his goodbyes. Dying was always a possibility, and he wanted to meet her before leaving...probably to be thrown into combat.

Emmanuel says good-bye to Bubblegum before leaving and then heads off to fulfill the task assigned to him.

It takes a while but he finds Bubblegum and approaches her, his helmet under his good arm.
"Hmm, I just came here to say that I was called for something. And yeah, I broke my arm out of stupidity." he pauses for a moment before sighing.

"So, I'm going off into space. I wanted to say my goodbyes just in case, you know." if I die, he didn't finish. Even if Emmanuel was confused about his feelings, he was sure he liked her. And the young man didn't want to die and leave the people he liked behind. Whatever they were sending him against, he'd be able to do it. Avens and very likely Kaylee would be by his side. He would return.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: October 08, 2012, 01:48:23 am »

Report for duty.
[~] Your mech is receiving the finished repairs as you arrive, the new, thick plate with it's cool-cream colored paint job is a stark contrast to the other sections of gleaming steel and Lokium.

Staying back to help with anything that needed doing on-base, perhaps asking the woman on what she could do.
[~] The woman blinks, brushing her multi-hued hair out her eyes as she flicks your headset back on, speaking into hers for a second, before setting back to work, a pleasant, feminine voice speaking softly yet crisply in your ear.
Assist with fortifying what remains of the underground, in preparation for a large scale attack and breaching of the walls. Captain Artikal is currently directing the efforts. Please report to him.

"No, that is enough of an explanation. I will return to my duties then."

albert left, and on his way to the office, concentrated on the taks at hand.

Deploy marines and seize the planet. Dreadnought is to be hauled back to Fed base once the planet is secure.

[10 vs 1] Your officers, or one of them, comes up with a brilliant plan, under the cover of night, quickly suppressing all resistance that's hurriedly, and sleepily mustered, the kevlar-plates of the troopers glimmering in the light as they hurry along, the silenced sling of their bullets hissing through the air.
By dawn in the section of the planet, you've gained twenty-nine villages, each surrendering upon being served Papers of Removal from the Garocony Empire.
Eight Forts fall after mild fire-fighting, your men fighting hard and well against the secessionists, showing the efficient brutality and strength of a Federal-Fighting man...or woman. You lose only a few, due to the surprise tactic, and there's quite of bit of resistance from the formerly cowed populace, thrown rocks, silence, steely gazes. The population lacks the weapons it had before the empire seized it, and they don't dare go up against you with farm implements, not yet.
[8/20 forts seized] {{Vital}}
[29/65 villages seized]{{Secondary, non-vital objective}}

[~] The Dreadnought is hauled back to an area of space near the Planet of Voandrath, carefully searched and double-checked, as well as explored for any systems faults or rigging that could cause an issue.

Continue to the surface as fast as possible without crashing, Try to land near a government ( Or whatever synthetics have ) building. Send a message to my fleet.

Load as many men of the infantry regiments as possible into drop ships and place them on alert ready to launch the moment I signal it and have any fighters and bombers maned and warmed up.( Assuming I have any )
[1][3]
Your ship goes faster than a shuttle should, the pilot avoiding, swerving ducking and rolling around the flak fire, but then he get's a little too close to the ground, the rocky surface of the planet flaring up to meet you.

[6]When you awake, the shuttle is dark, except for a small, tiny bit of light outside, showing the brownish-grey ground.

[2] No matter how many times you try to ping your fleet or send a message, no one replies, so it seems communications are down.

[~] Luckily, your suit still contains plenty of oxygen, enough for three or four days, and the shuttle still seems to be full of it.

Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)

((The list of buildings seems to be rather limited. What would an orbital sattelite defense network, and a space elevator/ orbital shipyard complex look like? ))
((Pm me thoughts. A shipyard would probably let you cut back on the time, but requires an engineer. And your planet comes with shipyards intact!))
[~] The city is built in Lokium, in the sprawling, jutting, angular type of design that's common in the inner rim.

Emmanuel says good-bye to Bubblegum before leaving and then heads off to fulfill the task assigned to him.

It takes a while but he finds Bubblegum and approaches her, his helmet under his good arm.
He would return.
[5] She gives you a hug and a peck on the cheek, smelling like grease and metal shavings, she looks back at you, giving a wane smile, before hurrying off.

When, and if you get into orbit, you pass Versen who's rushing towards the planet surface, his mech exuding an angry, almost pissed off influence, even as the ball of fire finally clears.
 This massive, reptilian creature is covered in mottled blue-black scales, with a protective black shell covering in thick plating where the scales don‘t, smooth and with a mirror-like sheen.
Two sets of arms extend from the sides of this creature, one set with large, gleaming sharp claws, inset with barbed and wicked steel, the other baring two thick cannons that extend unnaturally from the grey-ish pink flesh of it’s skin. On it’s back, manipulated for use, is a set of engines set into the flesh, obviously taken from the prison transport ship, which it flexes and shifts in order to keep it’s propulsion
 Along the bridge of the shell, where upper chest plate meets under plastron, is a thick forest of tentacles, some lined with hooked suction cups, some of them ending in long, needle-like barbs, and the rest trifurcating into strange, three-fingered parodies of a Human hand. On the chest plate of the shell across it’s broad torso, is a rough, long scar stretching down.  Extending from its armored torso are six massive, tree-trunk legs, large enough to trample several men in a single step,  and a long, serpentine neck, atop which sits a black, rectangular head with a serrated beak and eight beady little eyes below thick, chitinous brow ridges. Metal covers scale in places, adding to it’s already thick armor.

It sends out words, gargling, quickly spoken and guttural, sounding like a hundred voices speaking all at once.
Quote from: From the Demi-God Class of Consumption Horror
DEVOUR. DESTROY. SPREAD.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: October 08, 2012, 04:50:53 am »

Check on the men in the shuttle with me and then grab my weapons

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: October 08, 2012, 09:01:24 am »

Kaylee looked upon the two mechs with a salute as they rose faster than a space shuttle in their launch before turning into small specks of iridescent light in the sky. She wished them well on whatever objective demanded that sort of attention. Hopefully, this wouldn't be a reenactment of what happened to the 76th if things came to worse -- particularly on the Consumption Fleets. She also wondered how Mark was doing with most of half his own lingering in the orbit around Hellstal...

~~~

Thankful for her headset now on, the Corporal gave her officer a salute before moving off to find the Captain. If what Em said was true, then the underground would become a swarming mass of those devils that were out in the wastes if not enough effort was made.

She wondered if short blades were still in use...

Report to the Captain! Upgrade my personal knife!

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: October 08, 2012, 11:00:45 am »

"There is no difference between the two times, Hayes, combined with the lack of atmosphere an evening on Isaeyr is the same as a day on it, using a terran planetary cycle and atmospheric composition as a comparisonal baseline.

Aside from that unrelated tangent, I had a few things about this position I needed to discuss with you, namely the inadequate resources available for use. Another topic of inteest would be the presense of organic lifeforms inside a cavern on Isaeyr."

"Take it up with your Junior Minister, not to be rude...but what do you mean by inadequate resources? You control the entire Peacemaker and Peacekeeper departments..."
He looks thoughtful, grinning a little as you mention the organic lifeforms, sitting up a bit in his chair with a wince.
"Oh? Have you've taken samples or anything?"

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: October 08, 2012, 11:05:30 am »

"I do not believe I was informed of a junior minister, Hayes. Though the resources are more of the information warfare sort.

As for the lifeforms, we have not been able to take samples. Indeed, we've got data of a ship, possibly a large drone, is protecting that area. No further data is available about that area has been acquired."

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: October 08, 2012, 12:21:36 pm »

"I do not believe I was informed of a junior minister, Hayes. Though the resources are more of the information warfare sort.

As for the lifeforms, we have not been able to take samples. Indeed, we've got data of a ship, possibly a large drone, is protecting that area. No further data is available about that area has been acquired."

"Who do you think is managing the finances and such?"

"And you could always use the Federal fleet, if you wish? But that might be a bit difficult...I guess?"

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: October 08, 2012, 12:47:17 pm »

"Potential collateral damge from using the federal fleet in-system could be catastrophic, and likely Destroy the material we'd have interest in collecting samples from. Howevver, no alternative is available at this time, so I shall pursue that course of action.

I shall get around to contacting the junior minister later Hayes and deal with all of that then. Farewell Hayes."

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: October 08, 2012, 02:25:53 pm »

"I also endeavor to make up for all the technology we've lost."

Hayes twirls his pen, watching you speak, before asking, simply, "Such as?"

"One example is a mech left over from the time we fled Sol, we only had a little data on the machine, and pieces of the machine itself but from what we managed to decipher that it was much more powerful then the mechs we can currently create. I'm not sure if it was just one of a kind or the norm but the possibilities of something that strong on our side acting in the quarantine zones and such could turn the tide of our war."

"Another example would be my belief, and that of several other established researchers, that D-13 travel had been far safer, maybe even obsolete before we fled. If we could tap into that line research think of the lives that could be saved if we made D-13 travel even a tenth safer."

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: October 08, 2012, 04:54:48 pm »

"Alright, alright. What do you want?"
Look around, and think of anything that could be used to turn the tables.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: October 08, 2012, 08:46:12 pm »

"Potential collateral damge from using the federal fleet in-system could be catastrophic, and likely Destroy the material we'd have interest in collecting samples from. Howevver, no alternative is available at this time, so I shall pursue that course of action.

I shall get around to contacting the junior minister later Hayes and deal with all of that then. Farewell Hayes."

"Take care, Prime." he switches the feed off, a thoughtful frown tugging at his lips.

"I also endeavor to make up for all the technology we've lost."

Hayes twirls his pen, watching you speak, before asking, simply, "Such as?"

"One example is a mech left over from the time we fled Sol, we only had a little data on the machine, and pieces of the machine itself but from what we managed to decipher that it was much more powerful then the mechs we can currently create. I'm not sure if it was just one of a kind or the norm but the possibilities of something that strong on our side acting in the quarantine zones and such could turn the tide of our war."

"Another example would be my belief, and that of several other established researchers, that D-13 travel had been far safer, maybe even obsolete before we fled. If we could tap into that line research think of the lives that could be saved if we made D-13 travel even a tenth safer."

[?] Hayes blinks, his fingers steepling in front of his face as he shifts his head down just a little, his glasses reflecting in the light, white hair covering his face, a smile curving his lips.

"Oh...could you send me the info you've gathered?"
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27