Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 27

Author Topic: Voandrath (Yak-Space)(Demigods Destroyed: 1)  (Read 38660 times)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Voandrath (Yak-Space)(Still accepting folks)
« Reply #315 on: September 29, 2012, 10:01:46 pm »

"Fine? Smuggling? What, now having laws rebels also?"

Markactl waves his hands as the mech raises an arm at him.

"Chhh, fine, fine. Wanting payment in gold, or having rebel bank account?"
Long Live United Forenia!

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: September 29, 2012, 10:12:14 pm »

"Fine? Smuggling? What, now having laws rebels also?"

Markactl waves his hands as the mech raises an arm at him.

"Chhh, fine, fine. Wanting payment in gold, or having rebel bank account?"

"Federal Financial Ministry, Voandrath. And, for the record, I'm General Versen of the twenty-third Federal Fleet detachment, Military Minister. "
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: September 29, 2012, 10:23:05 pm »

Markactl laughed.

"Ceh ceh ceh- wait. To be serious? What- but- how?"

He lowered his hands.

"If being fed, then being robbery this. Legal I, no law breaking I. Having treaty we. Wanting fining I, to be filing warrant. Invoking Xeno Protection Act 13 I. Demanding trial I."

Sunglasses and a datapad appear. Markactl taps on the datapad a few times.

"Truth telling. To be declaring war, General Versen, or to be following law?"

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: September 29, 2012, 10:32:50 pm »

"Truth telling. To be declaring war, General Versen, or to be following law?"
He blinks, looking you over for a moment, before gesturing to your tentacle with the barrel of his mech's gun.
"First, you're infected with the Consumption, which, would in theory, allow me to invoke the tenth law of the Federation. Secondly, you fired on Federal mech."

[5] "But fine, you wanting a trial eh? We'll have one now. All military general, fleet admirals and captains are allowed to judge a trial, which is one of the founding laws of the Federation. I'll have Avens and Kaylee come up. And we'll settle this. Of course, the sentence for such crimes as I have mentioned is death,  and destruction of your fleet."

[3] The general throws a holo-projector on the ground, the image of a small bunkroom somewhere, before a tousled haired white-haired man suddenly falls face forward as he's pulling his shirt on.

"What the hell, Versen!? I'm on vacation! Hayes angrily protests, brushing the sleep from his eyes,

"I need you to act as...well, Jury for a alien-species who attacked a Fed-Mech.

"I was- eh, feckin' fine..."
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 10:45:50 pm by filiusenox »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: September 29, 2012, 10:49:27 pm »

"Maybe being contraband fleet, maybe requiring confiscating as evidence. Then not to be destroying. Is Law."

"Not knowing Federal Mech being. Good suspecting rebel mech. No identification of Federation. Unless having espionage license, Federal pilot requiring to identify self in full when encountering hostile alien.
Firing in self defence. Employing by Chaceldony we. To be responsible in part for action of employed mercenary. Mercenary license XTP-105-342-981. Legal protection under Mercenary Act."

Markactl rattles off laws and numbers like his life depends upon it. Which it does.

"Tapalcayan-Federation Treaty 17. Having minimal Xeno rights we. Extermination to be requiring Genocide License approved by High President. Destroying Hiveship tantamount to extermination."

"Law 10 only applicable to mythical Consumption Plague. Not having I. Is mutation, problemless."

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: September 29, 2012, 11:03:21 pm »

"Maybe being contraband fleet, maybe requiring confiscating as evidence. Then not to be destroying. Is Law."

"Not knowing Federal Mech being. Good suspecting rebel mech. No identification of Federation. Unless having espionage license, Federal pilot requiring to identify self in full when encountering hostile alien.
Firing in self defence. Employing by Chaceldony we. To be responsible in part for action of employed mercenary. Mercenary license XTP-105-342-981. Legal protection under Mercenary Act."

Markactl rattles off laws and numbers like his life depends upon it. Which it does.

"Tapalcayan-Federation Treaty 17. Having minimal Xeno rights we. Extermination to be requiring Genocide License approved by High President. Destroying Hiveship tantamount to extermination."

"Law 10 only applicable to mythical Consumption Plague. Not having I. Is mutation, problemless."
[3-1]
"Firstly, contraband can be destroyed. If said object is illegal to the Fed, which...considering the immensity of our empire, is kinda hard."

"Federal Ships are not required to be identified unless asked, then they are to answer truthfully. Do you have any record of said ships denying Federal affiliation?"

"And to that, I answer with the third law of the Federation."

[6-1]"I'm sorta the high President, at the moment. And genocide is out, but destruction of all fleets that are not this Hiveship is quite alright."

[6-1] Versen grunts at that, the mech crossing it's arms, almost naturally.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: September 29, 2012, 11:36:47 pm »

Upon hearing that the Hiveship is safe, Markactl relaxes somewhat.

"Irrelevant, not contraband being- hearing President, to be surviving Hiveship."
"Federal ships to be identifying self when firing upon hostile aliens, General. Firing on we mech, not identifiying self."
"Third Law saying not to be mating. Never saying to be killing."

"Sounding like having lack of legal means to be fining I, killing I. Being case, attempting arrest suspected rebel, turning out Federal pilot? Maybe fine 1 aCredit, imprisonment. Great apologies for misunderstanding."

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: September 30, 2012, 12:38:43 am »

Have a merc sneak up from behind, knock him unconscious. Check if he's the guy.
"None at all. It's you."

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: September 30, 2012, 03:21:22 am »

Accept the job and ask.
"Do you have any details on the kind of defenses I will be facing?"

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: September 30, 2012, 02:10:21 pm »

4M92 was an interesting planet. It produced little in way of industry, being mostly a farm world. Yet orders were to "liberate it" from some stupid local empire. While not doubting the orders of his superiors, as a minister of navies Vandelay had few questions regarding battle plans of current Lord President.

A short ride in state cab later Vandelay was making his way to President's office.

"I need to see the President."

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: September 30, 2012, 05:23:33 pm »

(x) The fleet immediately moves out, patrolling the vacuum between the planets, and making berth in the various stations. There have been no reports of problems yet, which is likely a good thing.

(7) You arrive to Voandrath shortly, your vessel landing along a strip, along with many others, each owned by other high profile members of the federation. As you exit your ship and make your way to the main building, a pasty young man with thinning black hair approaches you, adjusting his spectacles, which, you note, would appear to provide some sort of display- Perhaps they are linked to the extranet.
"I am so very glad to see that our Ministers have decided to pay us a visit here, he comments, upon spotting you, "Rather than administering to their planets' needs.

Magnus frowned with a curious look when the young man approached. He remembered that Voandrath had free press, and chose to remain careful while he didn't know who he was talking to.

"A competent administration is taking care of things for me on my home planet, so I decided to take some time to take care of my post as Minister here in the capital. If I may ask, who are you?"

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #326 on: September 30, 2012, 09:39:07 pm »

"I'm fine, it's just that the radiation knocked out my now unprotected communication system." Avens looks at Kaylee, then back at the pair of gloves she was fiddling with.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: September 30, 2012, 09:45:49 pm »

Emmanuel suffers a sharp pain in the back of his head that quickly fades away, making him wonder if he has been infected by something or if he's simply going insane due to some problem. Living as an educated person granted him enough knowledge for him to suspect where the pains and the fact he felt Bubblegum's feelins come from. Even then, he'd rather avoid the matter...

He walks to the zone where the mechs are, finally finding Avens and Kaylee.
"Hey girls, how're you doing?"
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: September 30, 2012, 10:38:04 pm »

"Just fine, Em!" Kaylee replied as she saw her friend return. "Hanging out with Avens by her Mech as the General borrowed mine. Where's your friend? That...woman?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: September 30, 2012, 11:01:05 pm »

Emmanuel started at Avens' damaged mech before turning his gaze back to Kaylee.
"...What happened exactly? Also, she's helping in the efforts underground, I guess. I was there, but I took a breather to try and get some information. I'm returning there shortly."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 27