Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 27

Author Topic: Voandrath (Yak-Space)(Demigods Destroyed: 1)  (Read 38547 times)

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
Re: Voandrath (Yak-Space)(Still accepting folks)
« Reply #300 on: September 28, 2012, 07:43:50 pm »

"I would really like a meeting, Mark."
Markactl walks into the docking bay, arms held above his head in surrender.

"Wanting talk? Talking. Doing whatever. Surrendering I."

"You're going to explain, quite simply, why you attacked my pilots after they helped you."
His tone announces through the speakers, calmly.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: September 28, 2012, 08:00:47 pm »

"You're going to explain, quite simply, why you attacked my pilots after they helped you."

"...suspecting rebel they. Needing talk. Fearing violence by talking. To be securing safety, insisting joining in office. Refusal indicating suspicion, fear."
Long Live United Forenia!

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: September 28, 2012, 08:01:36 pm »

Arthur did not like the reports coming in from 4M92. Poor aim of his vessels and civilian casualties were usually bad signs. But there was sittle he could do from his offcie .he had to simply let the commanding officers get on with etheir job .Lack of media coverage was a salvation. In the depths of space, unless you make a direct and explicit transimission, your neighbours won't care, mainly as they are too far away to care or monitor you properly.

Correct the aim by detailed orbital survey of the surface. Bomb the bases with indiscriminate justice. Leave the commanidng officer to carry out the remainder of the operation and await the ground invasion transports.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #303 on: September 28, 2012, 08:35:34 pm »

Avens pops the canopy of her mech, signalling for mechanics.

Ask for repair.

Her comm stopped working after passing the Van Allen belts: perhaps the exposed electronics were unable to take the radiation without their hardening.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: September 28, 2012, 10:54:41 pm »

Danal sat at his new desk, it was made from a sturdy wood unique to this planet, or so the merchant had said when he had bought it from the man. His new office over looked the great city below, and he knew it would be moved higher as the city grew, but that was not it his worry at this moment. A young women stood before his desk, and he spoke

"What is it Sharron, message, or yet more paperwork?"

She nods at Danal and replies,

"Its a message from Maxwell Hayes sir, he says its urgent."

Danal just nods in answer and waves her out the room, the usual answer when he accepted a meeting, as the feed came online he spoke again,

"Well good day Mr. President, how may I be of service on this fine day?"

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: September 29, 2012, 02:27:23 am »

Ask around for rumors or happenings as of late. Clean my knife and requisition another weapon, but keep the boot knife.

Also, request initiation of repairs @ Avens' Mech and my own, for that lost plate in the battle above...well, when my own gets back, that is.

[2] It's silent, most of the men and women watching over the desert looking worn, new gouge marks in their armor, but otherwise steely and stoic, weapons are drawn along with swords and battle-axes

[7] The armor, a young, solemn woman looks you over, before pushing a seven-shot revolver across the desk into your waiting hand, she doesn't ask for verification or anything, simply turning back around, peeling her shirt off and replacing it with a patchy kevlar apron as she turns and heads into the back room.

[9] A mechanic looks the mech over, heaving a sigh before informing you she'll have it finished by sundown tomorrow, just in time for Avens to earn her lack of pay.

"Let's go, we've still got 16 more warrants!"

Go hunt down the easiest bounty.
[3] The next bounty is a con-man by the name of Kel Mitre. A well known con in the outer rim, he was recently arrest, and imprisoned. He seems to be good at using disguising and other tricks to hide.
[7-1] Finally, you notice him out of the corner of your eye one moment as your walking down the street, the facial features holding true. He has a scraggly beard, sitting on the pavement hustling three-card monty...or atleast you think it's him.

Look at the man with the gun
" I hear you have a job that needs doing.
[9-1] The man is dressed in thick, weaved-armor, the submachine gun resting on his lap as he makes eye contact with you from behind the eyes of his respirator. He tilts his head, slightly, but remains silent, the steady hiss of oxygen filtering in is the only sound in the room, before he speaks, tone hollow, garbled.
[4] "Is there something on my face?"

Purchase the station for the offered price of 0.5 acreds.
[~] You now own a space-station and planet! The planet will amount to one parcel after an investment of 2.5 Acredits and 5 resources.

Go check and help in the underground situation, unless something worthy of note happens.
[3] Tragedy continues to unfold underground, only a few bright notes in an otherwise depressing, draining day. A child clutching a live, crying baby closely is rescued, but his mother and father lay dead, couples are torn apart, but the people carry on. They burn the dead on pyres of white hot fire.

[4] Nothing much of interest happens. It seems that times of trial are intersparsed with times of boredom and melancholy.

Arthur did not like the reports coming in from 4M92. Poor aim of his vessels and civilian casualties were usually bad signs. But there was sittle he could do from his offcie .he had to simply let the commanding officers get on with etheir job .Lack of media coverage was a salvation. In the depths of space, unless you make a direct and explicit transimission, your neighbours won't care, mainly as they are too far away to care or monitor you properly.

Correct the aim by detailed orbital survey of the surface. Bomb the bases with indiscriminate justice. Leave the commanidng officer to carry out the remainder of the operation and await the ground invasion transports.
[4] The survey is interrupted by a sudden mortaring and subsequent explosion of the scout ship, wreckage raining down over the country side.
[2] The bombing recommences despite your orders, explosions wracking villages and water supplies.
[7] The bombing finally starts to hit it's intended target, exploding several key bases, but leaving a few left, as well as a number of minor structures.
[3][4] Your bombs continue to explode harmlessly in the fields that stretch over the planet, doing hardly any damage to the bases, but civilian casualties dwindle to a very few, unlucky sods.

Ask for repair.

[9] The mechanic informs you of the same thing she told Kaylee, that your mech would be fixed by sundown tomorrow, just in time for you to earn your lack of pay.

"...suspecting rebel they. Needing talk. Fearing violence by talking. To be securing safety, insisting joining in office. Refusal indicating suspicion, fear."

[2] Versen's tone is almost too calm as he speaks, simply, the right arm of the mech hanging limp by it's side

"Un-huh. Rebels of what?"

"Well good day Mr. President, how may I be of service on this fine day?"
"Well, I just read from a Peacekeeper report. Did you know you spent the most on research this last Solarian Season? May I ask why?"

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: September 29, 2012, 02:32:26 am »

Laugh and hold my hand out.
"Nothing my friend now shall we get down to business?

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: September 29, 2012, 02:41:34 am »

"Rebels rebels. Why asking what of rebel? Having plenty problems with Federation I, sympathy for rebels I. Uncaring why, what."
Long Live United Forenia!

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: September 29, 2012, 02:53:07 am »

"Well, I just read from a Peacekeeper report. Did you know you spent the most on research this last Solarian Season? May I ask why?"

"I am both the governor of this planet and a scientist, in our wars to protect our people, and make solid the foundations of the Federation I've seen research has been neglected to some extent. Every bit of revenue I put into research is so I can improve the lives of the people I am tasked with watching over, and so I can protect them from those who seek to harm them."

"Through research we can work miracles in a sense, we can make D-13 travel safer, we can make new weapons that save the lives of thousands of soldiers, even entire industries can be improved in weeks. The reason I spend so much money into research is so my people, and everyone else can have better lives, I also endeavor to make up for all the technology we've lost."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: September 29, 2012, 07:53:04 am »

((Knowing the RL conditions of how Caellath's scene looks like, I can say this:

Damn that is good detail.  :'())

Kaylee returned back to where her Mech should've been, and upon seeing Avens, signaled her.

"You alright there? Repairs will finish soon enough and I got a revolver just for self-defense! What happened there?"

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: September 29, 2012, 10:12:46 am »

The fleet the Hayes gave to Magnus is to protect the Vanaheim system's poorer planets from pirates.
Magnus leaves Asgard and goes to Voandrath, to take his position as Minister.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: September 29, 2012, 10:57:28 am »

Have my mercs fan out, blocking any way out. Sit down, be "conned", casually bring up job as bounty hunter, show badge, watch for reaction.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: September 29, 2012, 07:48:53 pm »

Emmanuel sighed, then remembered about the earthquake. Apparently, the cause of the tremor was a ship which hit the ground. He could not help but wonder if there had been any survivors and what exactly had happened for the ship to hit the planet.

Search for information on the crashing ship.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: September 29, 2012, 08:19:24 pm »

Hey there folkses. I'll be filling in for File for these set of rolls!

Laugh and hold my hand out.
"Nothing my friend now shall we get down to business?

(9) The man eyes your hand impassively, silent save for the harsh thrum of his respirator. The ceiling shakes with the thunder of falling meteors, and the strip lighting flickers, briefly casting you both into darkness before returning the clinical, cold blue hue of the LED bulbs. As he comes back into view, he answers you, adjusting the submachine gun in his lap, perhaps pointedly. "I believe we will, yes."

He reaches down, careful to never take his trigger hand off the gun, and produces a battered, dull-grey datapad. "You will find the coordinates to a certain planet in the middle ring, on this datapad. On this certain planet there are...building plans, for a certain model of synthetics. I want you to retrieve them. And I want you to do so quietly.

(7) "You will receive 2.5 A-Credits for this operation, once it has been completed, and 2.5 A-Credits now...Should you accept," he adds, tossing the datapad over to you.

The fleet the Hayes gave to Magnus is to protect the Vanaheim system's poorer planets from pirates.
Magnus leaves Asgard and goes to Voandrath, to take his position as Minister.

(x) The fleet immediately moves out, patrolling the vacuum between the planets, and making berth in the various stations. There have been no reports of problems yet, which is likely a good thing.

(7) You arrive to Voandrath shortly, your vessel landing along a strip, along with many others, each owned by other high profile members of the federation. As you exit your ship and make your way to the main building, a pasty young man with thinning black hair approaches you, adjusting his spectacles, which, you note, would appear to provide some sort of display- Perhaps they are linked to the extranet.
"I am so very glad to see that our Ministers have decided to pay us a visit here, he comments, upon spotting you, "Rather than administering to their planets' needs.

Have my mercs fan out, blocking any way out. Sit down, be "conned", casually bring up job as bounty hunter, show badge, watch for reaction.

(7) Your mercs fan out as best they can, but being on the street there are still plenty of ways for the man to make an escape. Never mind the crowds that have gathered, and which very well might block your path...though the publicity of this event might work to your advantage, as well.

(3) You take a seat across from the man, and allow him to talk you up. It isn't long until your several creds down, and you're certain that if this kept this up for long he might be able to make an A-Cred off you- He is good. Still, of course, you're better. Casually making small talk with him as he fleeces you, you mention that you're a bounty hunter. It doesn't go as smooth as you might have hoped, though, and you can't help but feel that your choosing to show him the badge was a little canned.

Perhaps it was. The grizzled man furrows his brow, and frowns, before looking back up to you. "S'nice, an' all," he answers after a moment, without even a hint of recognition or fear in his eyes. In fact, he even cracks a grin, spreading his hands over the cardboard box on which he has dealt and shuffled the cards, "A bounty hunter like yerself, m'sure yeh'll have no trouble findin' tha money card 'ere."

Emmanuel sighed, then remembered about the earthquake. Apparently, the cause of the tremor was a ship which hit the ground. He could not help but wonder if there had been any survivors and what exactly had happened for the ship to hit the planet.

Search for information on the crashing ship.

(2) You do your best to gather as much information as you can. Among the chaos and wreckage, though, nobody alive seems to have any information to give you. Some people seem to think it was a terrorist attack, some people are talking about dark cults who worship the terrors as harbingers of change. Yet more seem to think that the pilot was merely drunk, or that there was some kind of technical error. Many of these people, however, weren't even on the ship, and the wreckage is such that you can't get anywhere near close enough to find out for yourself. (9) That is, through less covert means. You're quite certain that there are survivors, and some radio chatter among the soldiers who are aiding in digging people free of the rubble implies that there are - But those without proper clearance aren't being allowed anywhere near it.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: September 29, 2012, 09:36:04 pm »

A whisper flickers across the void of space, very few people actually hearing it, those heavily infected by Consumption hearing a kindly whisper in the back of their head, those with latent or not-so latent psionic abilities feeling a sudden pain that fades quickly, making one wonder if it's even there.
Quote from: ???
Devour.

"Rebels rebels. Why asking what of rebel? Having plenty problems with Federation I, sympathy for rebels I. Uncaring why, what."

Versen watches you for a few long seconds, eyes shutting for a moment, before he shakes his head.
"Search of your fleet and two credit fine. Any ship that breaks off will be destroyed for smuggling."

"I also endeavor to make up for all the technology we've lost."

Hayes twirls his pen, watching you speak, before asking, simply, "Such as?"
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 27