Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 27

Author Topic: Voandrath (Yak-Space)(Demigods Destroyed: 1)  (Read 38593 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Voandrath (Yak-Space)(Still accepting folks)
« Reply #285 on: September 26, 2012, 11:52:59 pm »

"Surrendering we. Transfering navigation command to you."

Kaylee was overjoyed to hear Mark's answer. This meant that whatever force which controlled him, wasn't in control now!

Furthermore, the multiple signals coming from the remaining ships that surrounded Mark's own was satisfying to see -- the threat had been cleared.

She radioed in to the rest, "En route, Hellstal."

Return home! Or...to Hellstal.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: September 27, 2012, 12:35:49 am »

Formally claim the space station. Go over all specifications of the station itself.
[3] Legally, the station, and the small, dead planet that is orbits belong to Maxwell Media Solutions. But, a swift call indicates that they'd be happy to sell both planet and station for a low, low price of .5 Acredits.

[8] The station has been remodeled so many times it's hard to tell the original purpose, the lead-filled gun-turret in the center looks to be a mass-driver gun, used for bombarding enemy ships. Those domes attached to the side that were once filled with fuel are now filled with water, along with their own little eco-systems.
A small -massive to a human- ring around the top of the massive barrel was once a STL transmitter, back in the days before the Interfeed. The walls of the station, bearing thick racks that once held guns, now hold wires, some sparking and loose. Gashes mark the walls in places, looking to have been inflicted by claw.

Head for Voandrath, Order all ships to follow me and to set down in the shipyard on the planets moon.
Then order 5 of the captains to go to the surface and look for any information of use to me or anybody who might be interested in hiring us.

[~] You arrive in Voandrath and set down on the moon, no one batting an eye-lash as you register your rag-tag fleet.

[3] Despite your captains best attempts, they find nothing of interest, even in the lower, more cluttered parts of the massive port-city, no one has any jobs of interest or worth.

[~] However, you soon receive a contact from someone...their face masked by static, voice garbled.

"If you're looking for a job, head to Isis System. Third Orbit in. Come alone and by yourself. Five Acredits pay, when you get the job done."
Then it flickers off.

Call for help and try to stop the bleeding by bandaging it. If it is not enough, try the shirt.
[10] You hear boots tromping down the corridor after your call, a few Kevlar suited men and women with guns scanning the area, before blinking at you and the other two.
After a second, the draw out bandages, handing them to you, before one sets off in a brisk jog, calling over her shoulder.
"I'll get the medics!"

[8+1] The extra bandages help stem the massive amount of blood gushing from the wound, covering you hands and several places on your clothes. The man himself, young, with brown hair and green eyes staring dully into the distance, his hand clenching around the woman's by his side.

[7] After a few moments of applying pressure, a medical team with a cot arrives, picking up after your work. The young woman and young man follow their friend on the stretcher, the woman still holding his hand.

[6] You stride out, still trying to chase after Versen, the harsh light of the sun automatically making a sweat break out on your pale skin as it is half muted by the oncoming night.

[9] A fire burns in a nearby plaza, the smell of burnt flesh wafting up from the smokey pyre, quite a few corpses, three which look human, before the skin is melted off, and a number of other, stranger, reptilian corpses sit burning.

You sneak a little closer, and notice Versen standing behind a kneeling man, his arm length sawn-off inches away from the back of the other man's head.
The man is pale, shivering, praying with a rosary hung with a patriarchal cross, his arm is missing, the stump covered with a blood-tinted bandage.
"...please forgive me father, for I have sinned..." he speaks, softly, head bowed. Versen stands behind, saying nothing, a bandage across one side of his face, his armor tore with large gash marks.
"You fought well, Corporal Redion...I'm sorry it had to come to this. God take you."
Redion nods, putting the rosary aside and closing his eyes.

Blam.

Return home! Or...to Hellstal.

The trip through space is boring and slow, the broken down fleet lumbering behind you, pieces of wreckage occasionally drifting from it, trailing behind or impacting other ships. They sent into a stable orbit around Hellstal, avoiding the large amount of ruin and wrack that drifts around the planet like a macabre cloud.
Every ship is accounted for, the Hiveship covered by several normal ships, which seem to have no purpose there unless to be sacrificial lambs for any slaughter that may occur.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: September 27, 2012, 12:39:05 am »

"Safe and slow!"

Contact Versen on the status of...well, everything right now.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: September 27, 2012, 01:20:35 am »

Set course for the Isis system with my fleet , Have the fleet hold position just outside the system and take a boarding craft into the system for the meeting alone.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: September 27, 2012, 12:49:59 pm »

Emmanuel watched the scene from his position without flinching. It seemed an execution, and he didn't even try to interfere; trying to prevent one without knowing military laws and what had taken to that moment would be nothing but trouble. Aside from that, the man seemed resigned and willing to accept what was coming to him.

It didn't prevent the young man from growing curious, though. Out of respect, he decided to wait until Versen moved away from the place. The old man probably knew he had been around, and shooting a direct question would no doubt work better than beating around the bush.
"What happened there?"

Wait until Versen has moved away a little and ask him.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: September 27, 2012, 04:47:28 pm »

The assembled ships are to finally set out to 4M92. Once there, planet is to be blocaded, orbit swept clear of any satellites, installations and ships. Proceed with orbital borbardment of the surface with precision strikes agaisnt military objects only.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: September 28, 2012, 10:05:37 am »

"What happened there?"

Wait until Versen has moved away a little and ask him.
[10 vs 2] You roll to one side as Versen quickdraws on you, the shotgun blasting a huge hole in the concrete of the wall behind you, showing the light of the other side. He pauses for a second, before helping you to your feet and brushing dust from your shoulders.

"Sorry about that, Emm..."

He pauses at your question, setting his jaw after a moment, slipping the gun away into his thigh holster. The rosary hanging from his free hand. His unbandaged eye looking away.

"Man wanted to die as himself, simple as that."

"Safe and slow!"

Contact Versen on the status of...well, everything right now.

As he steps away, a female voice speaks into his earpiece, and he sighs.
[10] Then he speaks into it, quite simply, looking a little relieved, "I'm glad you're okay, Corporal Kaylee. I need to borrow your mech to speak with Mark, and Avens isn't responding"

Set course for the Isis system with my fleet , Have the fleet hold position just outside the system and take a boarding craft into the system for the meeting alone.
[7] The Isis system is a heavily populated, yet shady place, filled to the brim with overgrown parks filled with strange alien species, sheer columns of Lokium half shattered and pointing up the sky with an accusing finger.
[9] A ring of meteors surrounds the meeting planet, which itself is pockmarked from a number of impacts. When you arrive, you're led into a small base via elevator, deep underground, into the bowels of the earth.
[9]You arrive in a large room, a man in a black suit and a respirator nods to you, a large, slab-sided, gold-plated submachine gun sitting in his lap.

"Hello."

The assembled ships are to finally set out to 4M92. Once there, planet is to be blocaded, orbit swept clear of any satellites, installations and ships. Proceed with orbital borbardment of the surface with precision strikes against military objects only.

[4] A pirate attack sets them back one month, but they eventually drift into orbit around 4M92. [8] The blockade is established without problem, the ships drifting around in orbit and stopping, turning around and denying any trade ships or tourist cruisers.
[2] When they begin the bombardment, it seems many of the coordinates were off, instead the missiles and mortars blowing holes in fields inches away from the bases. [2] More than a few shots stray, blowing into villages and killing innocent civilians, luckily, no media is around, or such an event would no doubt cause bad publicity.
[8] The military bases apparently cannot afford to buy counter-attack measures, instead bracing down to weather the storm of orbital bombardment.

Quote from: Spinal_Taper
Exist.
[8] You and your men have been tracking a small fry known as Casey Mac, a convicted rapist and child molester, who jumped world after escaping from an outer-rim prison complex. You've finally tracked him down to his new workplace, and you step into the bar with a grin.
[6] You step up to the counter, the man not even looking up as he asks what he can get you..

You promptly reach up, grab him by the head and smash his face into the counter, hard enough for you to hear a crunch, the servos of your enhanced muscles whirring for the extra force as you drag him over the counter. You flash your Bounty Hunters badge as you drag the kicking and screaming man out the door.
[10]
"Please, no! I can tell you where the others are at...please!?" he begs with a small whimper, closing his eyes and going limp in your grasp, sobbing as he gives you the information, before you even say anything.
Seems most are holding up in the Old Factory, out of town.
No one seems to notice, the patrons watching you with mild interest. When you finally drag him out into the dusty street, out behind the bar, before you place the barrel of your gun against where his spine goes up into his neck and pull the trigger.
He falls to the dusty floor, and it's only another bullet wasted to put him down.

You slip the warrent from your pocket, tacking it to his shirt after you flip him over, and one of your men snap a picture.

[16] You have sixteen more bounties to collect on this planet, the escaped prisoners. Three of which, all big murdering, brutal Outer-Rim crimelord types, held up in some run down factory.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 11:07:10 am by filiusenox »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: September 28, 2012, 10:23:17 am »

"Affirmative, General." Kaylee replied. "Approaching re-entry space. Let's hope the Ablative armor works it's usual charm, now." She signaled for Mark's ship, or those who are in need of immediate repairs to dock along with her.

"Mark was held up by pirates, I suppose. Avens' Mech is in a state of malfunction, probably due to damage incurred. Nothing I hope our techs can't fix, right?"

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: September 28, 2012, 10:26:44 am »

"Let's go, we've still got 16 more warrants!"

Go hunt down the easiest bounty.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: September 28, 2012, 10:29:38 am »

"Affirmative, General." Kaylee replied. "Approaching re-entry space. Let's hope the Ablative armor works it's usual charm, now." She signaled for Mark's ship, or those who are in need of immediate repairs to dock along with her.

"Mark was held up by pirates, I suppose. Avens' Mech is in a state of malfunction, probably due to damage incurred. Nothing I hope our techs can't fix, right?"

"...They are to stay put in orbit, Corporal."

When you land, Versen strides up, and climbs up into the mech, giving a nod to you, before jetting into space, to meet with Mark, slipping into the docking bay of the Flagship.

"I would really like a meeting, Mark."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: September 28, 2012, 10:35:30 am »

Fresh, arid air and a scene of little change. Kaylee rapped on the lower leg of Avens' Mech.

"We're down and out, ma'am! You can get out now! If you can't hear me, this is morse code for 'Freedom!'" she said as she tapped out the code.

"I'll be looking for Em, seeing as...where did most of the other personnel get to?"

Ask around for rumors or happenings as of late. Clean my knife and requisition another weapon, but keep the boot knife.

Also, request initiation of repairs @ Avens' Mech and my own, for that lost plate in the battle above...well, when my own gets back, that is.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: September 28, 2012, 12:20:41 pm »

Look at the man with the gun
" I hear you have a job that needs doing.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 04:03:30 pm by mesor »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: September 28, 2012, 12:24:46 pm »

Purchase the station for the offered price of 0.5 acreds.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: September 28, 2012, 12:54:32 pm »

After Versen left to wait for Kaylee and Avens' arrival, Emmanuel sighed and turned his back, heading to the underground once more. He would not press the matter further; the man was probably becoming one of the the consumption beasts or had been gravely infected...Death was a better option.

His friends were arriving, but he didn't have time to wait for them. Versen seemed busy, and the next best option was going back to helping people underground.

Mental note: Never suddenly come out of hiding and ask something for a trained soldier. It may as well be the last time you ask something at all.

Go check and help in the underground situation, unless something worthy of note happens.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: September 28, 2012, 07:01:41 pm »

"I would really like a meeting, Mark."
Markactl walks into the docking bay, arms held above his head in surrender.

"Wanting talk? Talking. Doing whatever. Surrendering I."
Long Live United Forenia!
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 27