Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 27

Author Topic: Voandrath (Yak-Space)(Demigods Destroyed: 1)  (Read 38820 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Voandrath (Yak-Space)(Still accepting folks)
« Reply #180 on: September 18, 2012, 10:34:49 pm »

"...Please...be...more responsive...next time...that helps..." Emmanuel said whilst gritting his teeth. It hurt and he was trying his best to block it off, but hell, it still hurt.

Still in a bad mood, the young man just moved away and passed by Versen on his way out to the nearest street, shooting one last glance at Bubblegum before leaving to explore the city.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 19, 2012, 05:27:01 pm »

Quote from: Convo between Kaylee, Emm and Avens

"You know, it's really not polite to have hushed, heated whispered words. And this is quite a big landing pad, isn't it?"

The general calls out, from where he's standing on the pad, rolling his eyes and setting off.

"Avens, you either fight and get a pardon when we get done here, or get off my planet and go back on the lam. Kaylee and Avens -- if you are working for me and this planet? -- go help that Ship. Emm did enough for now. Let 'em rest and fix up his dispute with tha' girl o' his."

"Heh, you got me nicely, but you swing that sword of yours like piece of two-by-four."

Arthur handed his saber to the aide while he got to taking off the jacket. The paramedics wasted no time in tending to both of the duelists, but Vandelay shoo'd one of them off after he applied some of the medi-foam to his chest.

"But I must admit, you fight good." He motioned to his aide, who took out a small metal tube out of his uniform pocket and haded it to the admiral. He opened it up with one swift motion and took out a cigar. He proceeded to give it a good snif and stuck it in his mouth. His aide was already ready with a lighter. A stray ray of light shone on Arthur's face briefly, turning his photoreactive glasses opaque.

"Now that we have our little formality over and done with, care to tell me your name, sweet-pea?"
He said grinninng, the cigar sticking out in the corner of his mouth, his eyes invisible beyond the opaque glasses.
The woman rolls her eyes as she steps away, drawling out with annoyance as she hobbles over to a paramedic group on the fringe of the square, getting patched up.
"Isabelle Aik-Hau. Captain of Frigate-ship Azen."

Quote from: Shootandrun
Hayes is deposited onto a bed in a small, immaculately clean private room, tiled in black and white room. A nurse came in to insert an IV of the blue-ish liquid inserted into his arm, peeling his bloody shirt, tie and dinner jacket before depositing them in a pile on a table next to him. Then she hurried off with a few rushed words.

"Least injured in the hospital. A bombing messed up a full apartment complex. I'm sorry I can't stay for longer."

Then she's gone. Leaving you alone with the Lanyrian and the still-sleeping form of Maxwell Hayes.
[9] You notice a small, dim blue light above his hip, barely-able to be seen under the skin, which flashes on and off slowly, softly. His rib-cage, which peaks up from his barely-nourished chest looks bumpy, and you can see wires leading under the surface, like veins.

The woman has removed the necklace, moving her seat closer to the bed, letting the diamond hang loosely between her fingers from the gold chain.
"There is no need for you to remain here."
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 08:14:14 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 19, 2012, 06:01:22 pm »

"Nice meeting you, Izzy. One you brush up on your skills, call up Valerian Navy. They will find you a better job."

With that, Vandelay left the Centralis square, his aide following him and carrying his implements.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 19, 2012, 07:53:25 pm »

"Acknowledged, sir."

Kaylee hopped back into her Mech, closing the cockpit with the sound of an airlock shutting and gas compression valves shifting into place, and awaited the launch order. She and her friend would do it at the same time.

Though, she hoped Emmanuel would be alright in this place...With him being a terrorist after all that chat.

Await Avens.

Save that Derelict Ship -- Be that scout ahead of the pair.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 19, 2012, 08:13:45 pm »

Magnus shook his head with a polite smile - his mood was getting better as it seemed more and more obvious that Hayes would live through it.

"Nay, ma'am - there's one more thing I have to do before I leave. Who are you, and what can I do to thank you for saving this man?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 20, 2012, 11:25:02 am »

((>PM Conversation< between Avens, Kaylee and Emmanuel. Starts after the plagueship is destroyed, ends as Kaylee moves to get to her mech and go save Nuke's ass.))

"Good luck to both of you." Emmanuel said before turning his back to both Avens and Kaylee, waving his hand and scanning the people nearby.

Now that the Godsplitter was out of combat, he needed to find something to spend this time with while it was put back into shape, aside of course from accompanying the repairs.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 12:21:11 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 21, 2012, 12:10:17 am »

Election Day
The council proper is packed, rings of raised seating, each with a marker with a planet name spanning around a central statue of a grizzled young man holding a tentacled, reptilian head in one hand, and a real shimmering blade in the other. His eyes are cast to the floor, lips turned up into a silent, feral snarl.

There's a sheer number of people here, many already sitting at their chairs, resting, watching the podium and the data screen in front of it.
Two names are listed, Versen and Hayes, both with zeros underneath them both. Speeches are to be held, followed by the voting.
((Players need not vote twice, unless they changed their minds. I'll go back and check it out.))

"Nice meeting you, Izzy. One you brush up on your skills, call up Valerian Navy. They will find you a better job."

With that, Vandelay left the Centralis square, his aide following him and carrying his implements.
The woman remains silent, glaring at you as the grievous hole in her arm is carefully patched up, bone shards being removed with a pair of foreceps, her breath hitching every now and then as the pain pushes past the wounds.

Magnus shook his head with a polite smile - his mood was getting better as it seemed more and more obvious that Hayes would live through it.

"Nay, ma'am - there's one more thing I have to do before I leave. Who are you, and what can I do to thank you for saving this man?"

She rattles off a few words in her own tongue, blankly, before replying to you, in a simple, if tired tone of voice. The diamond sways on the chain, gently.
"M'tari. Diplomat of the Lanyrian people. No need for thanks."

"Acknowledged, sir."

Await Avens.

Save that Derelict Ship -- Be that scout ahead of the pair.

[10] You leave the atmosphere gracefully, soaring like a fiery bird of prey, the multiple colors that  dance over your mech fade to black slowly, and you speed off, making good time to the third orbit. You chew on a bar of glonse-berry protein paste to prepare yourself for what could be weeks in space. The Hiveship is surrounded by a number of ships, which train their guns on you the moment you into their space, but do not fire or even act hostile.

[8] The ship bears many upper deck hangers, allowing your mech to dock there and you to get out, if you so wished, if the ship didn't fire missiles at you the moment you came too close. It seems to be an automated response, the ship itself floating lifelessly around a small moon.

[4] A missile blows into your shield, jarring you heavily and breaking a plate from it's chassis with the force of the percussion, sending it to flutter away, and into space.

[9] Luckily, the Hiveships outer frame and structural bear none of the signs of turning said ship into a Plagueship
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 21, 2012, 12:39:51 am »

Taking a last look back,  Emmanuel moves away from the area as both Avens and Kaylee leave into space to answer the distress signal. There's little doubt there are high chances he may end up alone and without much to do except for watching over Godsplitter and being overly protective about it. Aside from that, he still needed to find what to do.

Maybe talking to Bubblegum would be a good start, due to their brief misunderstanding. None of them left that scene satisfied, with Emmanuel obviously being the most injured party...But where would she be?

Find Bubblegum.
>Yes?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 21, 2012, 12:43:45 am »

Kaylee stopped herself from swearing as she was jolted back from the impact. The ship was only adrift by the moon's gravity, and if the automated defenses which she surely checked, was online, then the thing must have power. Power meant survivors -- there must at least be some, given the time taken.

"We have arrived. Requesting you to stand down, ship. Who is your Captain and what attacked you?"

At least it isn't the Plague...

Switching to Avens' channel, she said "Do you think we should approach first or...continue with the transmission?"

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 21, 2012, 12:58:15 am »

Vandelay sat there in his uniform and sash, bored stiff. He wasn't allowed to bring in his drink ito the council hall, so he merely sat there, lazily eyeing the room and other leaders and delegates, the sign "VALERIAN REPUBLIC" sitting neartly in front oh him. He already made his choice of Versen clear some time ago. His vote was unlikely to change.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 21, 2012, 01:11:21 am »

Green sky. Yellow clouds. Red trees. Brown water. Insects buzzing through the air. Somewhere, someone is cooking.

But not today.

"King? Awaking, King. Message."
"We have arrived. Requesting you to stand down, ship. Who is your Captain and what attacked you?"
A screen flickers into life. Markactl eases himself into the seat before it, covered in bandages and plasters, but still wearing his trademark sunglasses.

"Greetings Friend", he speaks- the flaps of his gills vibrating visibly. A drop of blood, bluish-green, slides down his... face. It does not seem to bother him in the slightest.
"Much thanking for rescue. I am Markactl, but you can calling me Mark. I am d- I am a diplomat for... the Tapalcayo."
"Earlier attacked we by mutant. Tentacle, scales, teeth." He pauses, then raises his left arm to the screen- a consumption tentacle. "Like this. But all over."
"Standing down not possible sorry. In chaos, activating anti-boarding measures. Great power. Only deactivating on main bridge- but main bridge lost to mutants."
Long Live United Forenia!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 21, 2012, 01:16:26 am »

Kaylee licked her lips in indecision as she received the transmission back from the ship. It was of alien origin.

"Alright Mark, I guess you know who I am already, my wingman is named Avens, in the grey Mech. Your ship is stable from any signs of the Consumption -- perhaps those who attacked you, judging from your description..."

She was aware that the scale also appeared as she spoke into the feed.

"Do we have permission to board, or to disable your security measures? We can try towing it back a-

"Hostiles are still on board, you say?"

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 21, 2012, 01:25:13 am »

"Hostiles are still on board, you say?"
Mark waves his hand.

"Many mutants on upper decks. Sealed from lower decks. Few mutants on lower decks. Killing we, problemless."

He activates a console off-screen. An image appears in the corner of the screen; a diagram of the ship. Several turrets are highlighted.

"These CPD-turrets. Deactivating for safety. Can deactivating turrets mech, leaving ship whole?"
Long Live United Forenia!

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #193 on: September 21, 2012, 01:27:43 am »

"I say we should sweep the upper decks with indiscriminate justice."

Avens activated her comm on the channel Kaylee used to contact her.

"Assuming the inner floors are as strong as the exterior ones, we could space the mutants... after disabling those turrets."

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 21, 2012, 01:29:52 am »

Kaylee nodded. Then shifted channels to both parties.

"You're dealing with the Federation. We can do that.

She highlighted several points of the ship that wasn't the location of the receiving signal.

"And can we vent any boarders which seem to be in these isolated regions, then? After...doing your security system."

'Deactivate' the turrets if given permission. Then apply the gift of space to several points in the ship that do not contain Mark, and any of his friends if he says so.

Vent out the boarding scum through precision strikes.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 27