Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 27

Author Topic: Voandrath (Yak-Space)(Demigods Destroyed: 1)  (Read 38692 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: Voandrath (Yak-Space)
« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2012, 01:38:58 am »

((Ya know whats funny? I didn't notice that Foster was a pc till now.))

Zhaj entered this supposed Earther's 'humble' abode and immediately saw that the people here were off for some task or something. The Chronicler inquired around, and soon found Mr Foster in the hangar of the buidling.

Zhaj entered the hangar and found himself looking out to a few ships and men, scurrying around seemingly preparing for a mission. This so-called Lord was not complacent, at the very least. He scanned the area and soon found Mr Foster not on a throne or in a cozy office, but by a ship directing his men. Here was the Lord of New Earth.

He well, looked the part. He seemed like a living stone, and it would have been appropriate to have said that he could have withstood a storm, should one come. His lines and greyed hair too added to the image, making him seem experienced with age. Suffice to say, Zhaj could check-off 'physically heroic attributes' on his list.

Zhaj cautiously walked up to the man and his deputy, Zhaj thought, bowed and interrupted.

"Lord Foster? I'm sorry for the interruption, but I need to speak to you..."
Zhaj pulled out a small pen with a curious pattern, the galactic symbol for the Chroniclers. "This Chronicle is about your supposed origins as an Earther, sir."
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2012, 11:16:56 am »

Aello landed on Valeria with much fanfare...

Action: Tour and study Valeria, gauging it's exploitable resources and manpower, as well the primary sources of profit and competition here. Begin advertising and appearing on news shows to start to raise TLC's awareness among the population.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2012, 11:50:36 am »

1 A-Cred is to be spent on boosting and expanding police and law reform to reduce crime rate on Valeria.
[8] The expansion of the police force, as well as higher paying salaries and more bonuses to those killed on duty or in the line of fire boost morale and the recruitment rate, which, in turn, brings crime down ten percent(10%) over the next year.

"And, Achilles? Ensure that my men are off that damned supplement, will you?"

-Have the fleet prepare a course to render aid to General V-Money, with the Admiral going along personally. Once this meeting with the Chronicler is finished, of course.
-If personal regiments are a thing, have either that land regiment or fleet regiment (both are presently in production) pop immediately as a personal regiment. Either-or accompanies the original fleet to aid the General.

[1] They're on it, and they seem to enjoy it a little too much, popping more than the recommended dosage every now and then on breaks. [4] But, there really doesn't seem to be very many effects; a few fights, and...sterilization.
[10] You order a small recruitment drive, and are surprised to see the number of people who join, mostly young men and women looking for work who've been emboldened by your speech, and for a fee of one resource, you can arm them to be the same as any major regiment. They'll be a bit lacking in training, though, and not as good as any soldier that's seen a few things, but they'll do, right?
[6] After a moment of tracing, they find the message signal emitting from a system a half-Solseason away.

Start to look for a base/fleet/group which may support (legal) renegade mechanics and mercenaries. If one is found, travel there.

Alternatively, look for a system or planet (PC controlled?) which is accepting mercenaries into its army. No dictatorial ones.

[4] There's no bases in this area of space, unfortunately, as it seems to be on the outer ring, where one must have at least some credit before they can hear about places to fix up that not-so-legal ship or mech.

[?] You find a single planet, some desert, wasteland hellhole, a multi-raced democracy on the cusp of collapsing, under siege from a far larger force of another planet. The war is not doing good for the Democracy, only a few cities still standing under the onslaught.

Prime starts sending tracers throughout the interfeed, checking for further details on the presidential candidates, as well as the amount of backers each one has. The tracers are also to look for a set of viable mecha schematics for research purposes

Review all major production facilites and mines for any inefficiencies and errors.

[4] The Tracers find nothing of interest, the political information lacking, except for what you find on broadcasting reports, including one Mister Foster's great speech and Mister Magnus's sub-par speech.

[10] The factories are working well, taking from the mines and processing the ore into iron and Lokuim quickly, that further being processed into Synths of all sort, who head back to the mines and set to work. The entire process is smooth, stream-lined, and completely free of defects. [6] That is, until you notice a Synth who's work is far slower than the average, who takes power-off breaks quite a few times more than the others.

Try do determine where Regina Mays' followers would go if she backed out of the elections. Use legal means this time around.
[6] Regina Mays' followers, party-people and supporters, would most likely back the next pro-businessman who cares, namely Maxwell Hayes. [10] In fact, it seems that all of them would support Hayes, even Mays herself, if she was out of the race.

Contact Maxwell Hayes on the Interfeed

Get a gauge of who both the planetary governors and the influential non-voters in the party support in the elections.

[24] There's twenty-four planetary governors who follow your party to a fanatic or non-fanatic extent, depending on who you ask.
[21] Twenty one of those twenty four support Maxwell Hayes, while the other three, military-men to a fault, support Versen.

[?] You connect to him using the Inter-feed, noting in the back of your mind that Maxwell did invent and is most likely going to respond if called on it. You present your credentials to his secretary, who nods once. He's wearing a simple t-shirt and jeans combo, standing in front of a large blast furnace, when he finally answers. 
"Hello there Supreme Premier of Nova Babylonya Syskon, how may I help you on this fine Defen-Aye-Two da- Wait, it's night now."

Action: Tour and study Valeria, gauging it's exploitable resources and manpower, as well the primary sources of profit and competition here. Begin advertising and appearing on news shows to start to raise TLC's awareness among the population.
[6]For the most part, you get showed around the cities, especially Valeria City, done in Lokium and Steel in gleaming Voandrath style, with fluted columns lacking rivets, looking all the world molded from solid-steel. Buildings, each angle curved, devoid of any sharpness, yet still somehow showing off sleek lines sit between boulevards of green grass and tall trees. Large beacons set atop minarets jutting into the sky defiantly, flashing as Coms race to and fro through invisible Airways and Interfeeds. Sending out information, the most important sort of formation.[8] There's numerous minerals and metals in the crust, as benefiting a civilized planet, farms, factories and mines all function to produce the staples of the sector.
[2+2] The advertisements are a flop, and public opinion of your corp falls slowly. You appear on a few news shows, but most of the speakers and anchors seem to dislike you, despite your charm.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 12:04:16 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2012, 11:56:27 am »

Examine abberant's coding, schematics and maintenence schedules.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 07, 2012, 12:33:55 pm »

Syskon smiled, gauging the other man all the while. He didn't know too much about Hayes, other than his accomplishments, but either he was putting on one hell of an act or cared nothing for appearances. He seemed to be in the middle of primitive physical work - something to keep his mind and body busy, no doubt.

'Hello, Mr. Hayes. Thank you for seeing me on such a short notice - I must admit I've always admired your work. I hope it will please you to find out we've recently replaced all faster-than-light comms on the planet with Interfeed tech,' Geogun said, glancing at the report that had been brought to him earlier. There wasn't much information there he could use in normal conversation.

'But I won't waste any more of your time with local matters. I wanted to congratulate you on your decision for candicacy for Lord-President. I wouldn't want to sully the name of Mr. Michaelson, but he could be a downright Luddite in some matters. We all know there are fields of research and industry that should by all rights be booming if not for his restrictions. Take blackspace engineering, for example - a few months ago, the government shot down a research project by a brilliant young scientist here because they were afraid some of the technology he wanted to use could be used as weapons of mass destruction. It's ridiculous, really - all he wanted was cheaper D13 travel.'

He left that bit hanging, curious of the man's response. Syskon didn't expect him to speak against the Federation, but as a businessman he probably had no love for all of the Feds' draconian laws and restrictions. The story wasn't even untrue, though Syskon had gotten the impression the youth's designs were severely impractical at best in any case.

Attempt to gauge some of Hayes' economical and political views
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 07, 2012, 12:45:01 pm »

'But I won't waste any more of your time with local matters. I wanted to congratulate you on your decision for candicacy for Lord-President. I wouldn't want to sully the name of Mr. Michaelson, but he could be a downright Luddite in some matters. We all know there are fields of research and industry that should by all rights be booming if not for his restrictions. Take blackspace engineering, for example - a few months ago, the government shot down a research project by a brilliant young scientist here because they were afraid some of the technology he wanted to use could be used as weapons of mass destruction. It's ridiculous, really - all he wanted was cheaper D13 travel.'
[?]
Maxwell nods, a worker coming up to him an presenting him a data-slate, which he quickly signs.
"I have to agree with the Blackspace Bans, no one man should hold that much destructive potential, as hypocritical as that sounds coming from a High-President hopeful."
But he shrugs, shaking his head once, before he itches at his arm inadvertently smearing his sleeve with grease.
"But I digress, the simple matter is; cheapness shouldn't come before safety, in any case, shape, way or form. One out of ten ships don't make it back from a Dee-thirteen jump. We need to find a way to cut that number down before we worry about making it cheaper."
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 12:52:36 pm by filiusenox »

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 07, 2012, 01:01:34 pm »

'Oh, I agree,' Syskon said quickly. 'That's not quite what his research was about, though - he wasn't trying to make it cheaper on the expense of safety, not at all. It was simply a matter of finding an alternative to current fuels or engines or somesuch, under monitored and open research on a large and civilized planet of the Federation - hardly some bitter terrorist.'

'In any case, surely you agree we can't allow to stifle creativity and innovation with unnecessary regulations? I don't mean we should disregard safety, but there are definitely some archaic sections of research laws that should've been trimmed ages ago. I agree it's not the same thing, but imagine if your development of the Interfeed would've been blocked because there was an unlikely possibility it could be used to, say, flood planetary systems with malicious code, or force open unwanted connections to private terminals.'

He paused, quickly looking over the list Ilven was updating for him. It looked like the vast majority of the governors supported Hayes. He had to get something out of him.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 07, 2012, 01:10:42 pm »

'Oh, I agree,' Syskon said quickly. 'That's not quite what his research was about, though - he wasn't trying to make it cheaper on the expense of safety, not at all. It was simply a matter of finding an alternative to current fuels or engines or somesuch, under monitored and open research on a large and civilized planet of the Federation - hardly some bitter terrorist.'

'In any case, surely you agree we can't allow to stifle creativity and innovation with unnecessary regulations? I don't mean we should disregard safety, but there are definitely some archaic sections of research laws that should've been trimmed ages ago. I agree it's not the same thing, but imagine if your development of the Interfeed would've been blocked because there was an unlikely possibility it could be used to, say, flood planetary systems with malicious code, or force open unwanted connections to private terminals.'
Maxwell makes an interested noise, tapping his chin as he walks away from the blast-forge, which slowly begins turning, starting up.
"Got his link info? I'd like to see his work. Sounds interesting."

"And it's been done before. There was such a hellfire when I first presented the code and waveframe manipulator...but, and I say this alot, don't I? Regardless, which Archaic sections are you most concerned about? I'm not up to date on Dee Thirteen developmental laws, at the moment, unless it's just in general the burdens placed on Innovation in return for Security? Which, are indeed stifling, but I can see both points of the argument. Middle ground would be best in that situation, freeing up some development, but monitoring it so we don't have Genetic Terrors or crazy people running around trying to blow stuff up."

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2012, 01:42:50 pm »

Syskon nodded in agreement. That was more like what he wanted to hear. He wrote a quick message on a screen to his right for someone to find the youth's data. It hadn't seemed too promising to him, but he was hardly a professional in the matter. Hayes could see something he hadn't.

'I'll try to get it sent over to you,' he said. 'There were a few specific points I've never liked about the research laws - I can get you a summary - but in any case, I fully agree with you about the dangers present. I do think oversight on the federal level is rather ineffective at the moment - an unavoidable result from the sheer size of our Federation. Closer cooperation on the local level is -- ahh, actually, is something we could discuss on a later date.'

'I wish you every success in the election, Mr. Hayes - I, as both a private person and the Spokesman of my party, and the AFP would be glad to have a more progressive Lord President at Voandrath for a change. We will publicize our official endorsement soon. Thank you for your time, Mr. Hayes.'

If the candidate had nothing else to say, Geogun intended to cut the channel and get to work.

---

Send the requested files and summary over to Hayes later on

See if the three non-Hayes voters of the party could be convinced to change their minds

Tell the Party that the AFP's official endorsement goes to Maxwell Hayes - which will unlikely surprise anyone - and write a recommendation praising his additions to science and society, especially compared to the old Lord-President and his rather conservative views

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 07, 2012, 01:54:57 pm »

[?]The man gave a simple nod, stepping over to a wider panel and typing into it, a diagram of the blast furnace coming to life in vivid 3-d, full-color.
"Thank you for that, Supreme Premier Geogun. Good luck with rebuilding your industry, our boys need all the guns they can get. If you need parts you know who to call."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 07, 2012, 02:19:13 pm »

That was it. Emmanuel couldn't risk finding the other bases from his "family" without putting the other members in danger. But maybe travelling over to a democratic planet under siege could spread rumours in the underground about a very characteristic mech which his comrades could recognize as being his...

The fact his mech could travel in deep space as fast as a proper ship favored his plan, but he decided to try and lay low for the moment, maybe finding transportation to a place near the planet before moving in to support the defenders of democracy.

His mind made, Emmanuel packed his things up, snuck into black jeans, white shirt, grey overcoat and a blue beret and left his bedroom, his mind considering possible strategies to support the government under attack. What he was certain of is that he truly needed more information.

Try to gather more information on the situation then get transportation to a space station or planet near the democratic planet under attack.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 07, 2012, 02:31:49 pm »

New's Post.

War on Marcus Prime draws to a close
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Another Explosion on Gannicus
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 02:37:45 pm by filiusenox »

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 07, 2012, 08:52:44 pm »

Once his people gave him their political estimates on Mays' party. Normally, he would have leaked the information and footage into the news during the summit of the planetary governors, in order to deal a fatal hit to her campaign, but doing so now would also tarnish the reputation of Hayes if Mays gave him her support after the scandal was released. With that in mind, he chose to blackmail her early on, so that if he was forced to release the bomb, the scandal would have some time to die down before the summit.

It would be a fairly straightforward operation. A message sent through a few hundred proxy servers from an anonymous source, containing simple instructions like "Drop out of the elections, explaining to your voters that you do not wish to split the forces against Versen, or this will be released in the news" and the footage and information that was to be released if she proved uncooperative.

And then, of course, there was Hayes, who may need to be informed that he had friends around willing to do a lot for him.

Blackmail (anonymously) Mays into dropping out of the elections; have her explain that she does not want to split the votes that are working against the General.

Send a message to Maxwell informing him that Mays will soon either drop out of the elections, or have her political career ruined by a sex scandal. Tell him that this was done so he could beat Versen in the elections. Sign it "M.I.H."

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 07, 2012, 11:40:57 pm »

Blackmail (anonymously) Mays into dropping out of the elections; have her explain that she does not want to split the votes that are working against the General.

Send a message to Maxwell informing him that Mays will soon either drop out of the elections, or have her political career ruined by a sex scandal. Tell him that this was done so he could beat Versen in the elections. Sign it "M.I.H."

[??]
Just before you send it, your screen blacks out for just a second, before it comes back online, the message blanked except an ornately signed...

M.H.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 11:43:34 pm by filiusenox »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 08, 2012, 07:25:50 am »

Markactl watched as the charges detonated and the rebel citadel collapsed into a fiery wreck. He turned back to the viewscreen.

"Rebel destroyed, problemless. Happy to be working with you, commander."

He made as if to shut off the connection, before pausing.

"Except... question. What is this?"

He held up a picture of the rebel mech.

"Not mentioning mech when hiring. Question how mere rebels acquiring advanced mech technology. Thinking maybe bigger stakes than claimed- thinking maybe extra payment, otherwise maybe having problem we."
Long Live United Forenia!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 27