Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 27

Author Topic: Voandrath (Yak-Space)(Demigods Destroyed: 1)  (Read 38631 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Voandrath (Yak-Space)
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2012, 10:01:25 pm »

Danal had a rather tired expression on his face as he walked through the corridors of the research installation Jasguv Primeares, a place he had established himself four years ago and had since begun research on various small projects that would benefit the planet itself. They had much work to do bringing this world to a capacity that it could be truly called a nation, new cities had to be forged, lands settled and entire projects undertaken to renew the world.

Turning towards a large wooden door Danal pushed it open and entered into a large dome like area, the majority of available space taken up by piles of books, banks of computers, and various other machines and facilities fit for a scientist and Planetary Governor such as himself. Walking across it he sat at a wide half circle desk taken up by a massive display of computer screens, and various personal effects.

He began work on one of them immediately as he called in one of his secretaries to convene with him over various orders and messages to be carried out. After several hours of messages, talks, and several cups of coffee the orders had been decided.

Raise one land regiment to stand in the name of the nation. (-1 Resource, -1 Population)
Found a tier two city based int the mountains where mining takes place most, the Alcharge Range City Name: Hexcarn (-4 Resources, -1 Credit, -4 Population)

Spoiler: State of Affairs (click to show/hide)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2012, 03:48:40 am »

Markactl reaches for his sunglasses, and slams on the control panel until a viewscreen* crackles to life.

"Needing help, commander?", he rasped, as the face of his employer appeared. "Want destroy citadel we? Or want avoiding collateral damage?"

*Featuring, in fact, a complex facial-recognition device which translated facial features into recognizable smells and vibrations. Amazing technology; smells like a pile of moldy socks.
Long Live United Forenia!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2012, 09:02:01 am »

Aello sipped red tea, tapping away at the console at high speed.  So busy busy today...

Things were changing. The news was only an outer symptom of something bigger. Numbers didn't lie...and Aello had run the equations many times. The results, inarguable. This was going to be a time of great deeds-fortune and power. Danger and evil.

As long as it made her money, she wasn't quite concerned with which.

Action: Enter the game! What's my companys current status?
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2012, 03:46:26 pm »

Raise one land regiment to stand in the name of the nation. (-1 Resource, -1 Population)
Found a tier two city based int the mountains where mining takes place most, the Alcharge Range City Name: Hexcarn (-4 Resources, -2 Credit, -4 Population)
Regiment will be ready next season.
The city is built of gleaming steel and ceramic, most buildings dug into the side of the mountains and earthquake proofed with aforementioned ceramic.

Use remaining resources, an Acredit and two units of population to build a City on Isaeyr.
After a survey party...surveys, the find a large valley and begin to dig in, shaping the rough rock into abodes worth powering off in, as well as erecting a new factory for producing Synths, plating the walls with thick metal. The city arises practically  overnight

Action: Enter the game! What's my companys current status?
{{Check first post}}

"Needing help, commander?", he rasped, as the face of his employer appeared. "Want destroy citadel we? Or want avoiding collateral damage?"
There's a moment of hesitation on the part of the commander, before he dips a nod to you, typing rapidly on a palm-pad beside his hand as he speaks, "Yes, we'll let you carry out the clean-up, wait until we withdraw, then destroy the citadel and...put down any stragglers, for the glory of the Chaceldony Republic."
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2012, 04:08:37 pm »

Head up to the local government records and ask to see population, economy and military figures of New Earth, saying that as a Chronicler, I have permission to record these into a chronicle. After doing so, failing or not, look for the residence of my target.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2012, 04:20:27 pm »

Aello looked at the intersecting lines of trade...profit, much like lifeblood.

She sent a long range visual and audio message to President Arthur of Valeria first. She sold her image well-items of splendor, beauty, wealth-all of it was placed conveniently in the background.

@Ardas: ~Hailing Valeria Comm Array. This is the La'merc Trade Consortium-speaking, Aello La'merc herself...is anyone awake out there? I'm sending you my certifications...now.~

OOC: I'm assuming we have some sort of communication systems between players. Correct me if wrong.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2012, 04:41:17 pm »

-Send a private message to General Varen or Versen or whatever the hell it is, informing him that my fleet is at the ready, should the planets and systems under his control require assistance whilst he is on the campaign trail.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2012, 04:59:10 pm »

After having dinner, Emmanuel sat on the bed inside the room that had been provided to him, considering his options. The "key" needed to activate the Godsplitter was with him, and the giant mech had been hidden. Passing a hand through his hair, he thought about what to do. The siege against the terrorist group had been getting worse, and although they still had a good amount of political and military power, their every move should be carefully planned.

And according to their ideals, every dictatorship would fall, drowned by the sound of gunfire of their own people. But of course, the ideals had been starting to corrode as time passed. Wanting to be free from his past or deciding to embrace the future his parents wished for him, Emmanuel still needed to seek assistance. He stared for a moment at his gloved hands, examining the series of juxtaposed pentagrams inside a circle and a symbol that meant "freedom" in their native language, a mark that sometimes adorned the attires of the people more closely related to the group, who only used it in special occasions or in systems where their organization was more well-received.

He had to take action.

"...Let's do this.""

Check datapad for informations on a safehouse for the few mechs from the organization. If no information is found, try to scoop up relevant news around the station or find another escapee.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2012, 05:02:19 pm »

There's a moment of hesitation on the part of the commander, before he dips a nod to you, typing rapidly on a palm-pad beside his hand as he speaks, "Yes, we'll let you carry out the clean-up, wait until we withdraw, then destroy the citadel and...put down any stragglers, for the glory of the Chaceldony Republic."
"Will being my pleasure. Now getting out of way."

Markactl watched as the human forces withdrew, as his troops provided cover fire.

To the tune of sirens, the flagship Motzoncuiz descended through the atmosphere, until it hovered within sight of the rebel fortification. The Big Gun powered up accompanied by the chirping of a thousand angry geiger counters, and sent a blast of angry red light straight through the citadel, destroying the gate and scattering the troops amassed before it.

Markactl handed controls over to a flunky, grabbed his gun, and joined the fray. A transport took him and his closest warriors down to the surface, where his soldiers surged forwards through the smoking ruins of the gate.

"Kill all!", he shouted, firing his weapon into the air. "Merciless destruction!"

Blast the citadel with barely-legal weaponry and send in the troops (both regiments). Markactl will lead the assault personally. No mercy. Just destruction.
Long Live United Forenia!

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2012, 05:10:47 pm »

A video flickered to life and after a brief burst of static an image of a middle-aged man in glasses appeared. He was dressed in a everyday Navy uniform of an Admiral, with high collar and the usual bunch of ribbons adorning his chest.
"This is Vandelay. I got you loud and clear. I'm listening."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2012, 05:34:51 pm »

Aello put on a winning smile.

"Greetings, Arthur Vandelay-and congratulations, on your recent appointment to President of Valeria....

Alas, I will save the longer accolades for later. I'm sure you will be pleased to know, my Trade Consortium is considering your planet for business. I thought I would call ahead about our intention to visit-I'm not expecting a parade, but not mobilizing your military to attack us, would be polite when we land, don't you think? People can be so paranoid these days...and I don't like to arrive unannounced.

Do I have a promise of hospitality on your part?"

She paused to take a sip from a fluted wineglass, her warn amber eyes studying the mans reaction intensely.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 05:36:53 pm by Dwarmin »

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2012, 05:43:56 pm »

Arthur was bit puzzled by the comments of the woman.
"Thats, Mr. President, or sir for you. And I'm sorry, but I fail to understand your request. The last I heard Valerian Republic was an open zone for all reputable businessmen, like yourself. I don't need to be told of such things, but I apprecieate the thought. You won't be fired upon or attacked, and your custom is welcome, along with any taxes you pay."

He leaned back in his chair.

"I suppose I should welcome you to the Republic and congratualte you on your choice of... business site. Is there anything else... miss Valeo?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2012, 06:09:42 pm »

Aello supposed he was playing the fool-he surely would have trumpeted offense if she had shown up without sending word ahead. And he got her name wrong, probably on purpose.

She had really called to gauge him, spar a bit, test his resolve-and now, she guessed the man really was just a Politician. If it didn't vote for him, it didn't exist. How...dull. Amazingly dull. She had left behind that life with no regrets...

"...Well, I guess that's all for now, Arthur. I look forward to an extensive tour of Valeria-and much pleasurable business to be done."

She heard any response he had, and closed the comm.

Action: Set course for Valeria with my trade fleet
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 06:15:30 pm by Dwarmin »

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2012, 06:30:53 pm »

Magnus Jarnhand, High King of Asgard and Senior Member of the Asgardian Confederacy, was currently a very unhappy man. He sat watching the news, pondering what was left for him to do. A planetary governor had already thrown his lot with one of the presidential candidates of the federation - the general, if he remembered well. That would not do. The monarch rarely cared for the politics that went on in the capital worlds - the advantages of being near the border was that less people cared about his activities. However, the federal elections were important - especially important with candidates like the ones who were presented to day. A famous doctor who had about as much chances of winning as a dead rat, a general who was a war hero and a threat to governors like Magnus, and a businessman who spoke the language of money - which meant he spoke the language of corruption.

Unfortunately for his political opponents, Magnus Jarnhand was not the kind of man who sat idle while trouble pointed its ugly head at the door. His main adversaries would be honest, pious little senators who had been elected by the people, small men who stuttered whenever he stared at them during their speeches and idealistic idiots who truly believed democracy could truly rule something as big as the federation. These ones should be easy to beat in a debate, but the public had a tendency to favor them, over matters of elected governments and other ridiculous little ideas.

Thankfully, Magnus was no man to sit idle when there were opportunities around, either, and when there were none he created some by himself.

[Charisma] Magnus begins endorsing Maxwell Hayes through speeches to be broadcast throughout the federation.
[Organized crime] Through unofficial channels, the asgardian government starts looking for any past scandals or potential scandals that could be used against Versen or Mays.
Two tier one cities are founded on Asgard, named Beowulf and Thor.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2012, 07:20:19 pm »

Head up to the local government records and ask to see population, economy and military figures of New Earth, saying that as a Chronicler, I have permission to record these into a chronicle. After doing so, failing or not, look for the residence of my target.
[4] You receive very informative, dull information concerning the population of the planet, which is around two million souls, living under the sea, the military figures are classified, however, and the economy is doing well for itself, no real trouble.
[6] You are pointed to Foster's capital building. ((TK~))

Check datapad for informations on a safehouse for the few mechs from the organization. If no information is found, try to scoop up relevant news around the station or find another escapee.

[8-10] besides the single mech in storage, the Family had  no mechs at all, simply due to the high-cost of buying, maintaining and training of the pilot.
[2] Your listening in has made a few people watch you closely, and despite the good will, you have the feeling that they'd report you at a moment's notice, simply due to the fact you have a camera and transmitter hidden in the wall of your room. [3] There's no news at all about any others who escaped.

Blast the citadel with barely-legal weaponry and send in the troops (both regiments). Markactl will lead the assault personally. No mercy. Just destruction.
[2] The citadel barely shakes from the sustained-firepower of the weaponry, and as soon as your shuttle lands, your swept into the vicious, bloody fray, the air hanging heavy with the smell of cordite and blood. [10+2+2 vs 6+3] The battle to secure the gate of the citadel is quick, bloody and terrifying to the rebels, many getting slaughtered where they stand by crude hand-axes and blades, being cut down in droves. [7+2+2 vs 1+2] The onslaught continues into the corridors of the citadel, the rebels apparently ill-prepared for close-combat, rounds seeming to glance off of your people's shells as they fire frantically.[10+2+2 vs. 5+1] The rebels retreat further back, signalling for surrender, before you and your men step in, slaughtering the entire last room, the rest is hatchling play to stalk down and kill the rest, right down to the last man, woman and child.
[8] You fought well, and hard, being on the front-lines despite the fact everyone aimed for the alien in sunglasses, slaughtering at least three dozen armed soldiers, and un-numbered civilians.

-Send a private message to General Varen or Versen or whatever the hell it is, informing him that my fleet is at the ready, should the planets and systems under his control require assistance whilst he is on the campaign trail.
[7+1] The good General nods absently, and you can hear mortar fire coming from somewhere behind him, the feed flickering every now and then. A large, ornate sword is in one of his hands, and in the other is a large sawn-off shotgun, held in a heavily armored gauntlet, the general himself looks worn-down, a bandage wrapped around his head, obscuring all but one eye.
"No need for that, Admiral. But I appreciate the offer. The blockade fleet is broken and we're jus-" a boom echoes through the building, masonry dust falling about his shoulders, he sighs, "I have to go check on something. We'll speak later..."
Then the feed fades to black.

Quote from: Ardas from IRC, since I'm a vengeful, spiteful GM.
All navy personnel are supplied with libido-diminishing pills. they have no side effects apart from eliminating your sex drive. cuts out bad behaviour and improves efficiency. It's a protptype drug, still to be adjusted.

[2] News gets leaked of this drug, which rapidly spreads to the Interfeed. [1] As soon as it's heard of, Navies around the sector begin to protest it. [10] By doing nothing at all, but there is some discontent, and your fleet captains eye you strangely now.

Action: Set course for Valeria with my trade fleet

[~] You arrive within one week of the message.

[Charisma] Magnus begins endorsing Maxwell Hayes through speeches to be broadcast throughout the federation.
[Organized crime] Through unofficial channels, the asgardian government starts looking for any past scandals or potential scandals that could be used against Versen or Mays.
Two tier one cities are founded on Asgard, named Beowulf and Thor.

[3+1] During your speech endorsing Hayes, the teleprompter shuts off, leaving you to improvise most of your carefully planned speech, resulting in a less than eloquent endorsement. [9+1] Despite the low quality, you pull some contacts and intimidate some people, and the feed is broadcasted on more than a hundred channels, sector-wide, many of them newsfeeds, but quite a few not.
[5+1] Your endorsement rings true, as many other planetary leaders line up to support Maxwell Hayes.
[10+1-5=6] You find a very candid log of Mayes' encounters in a virtual reality sex program, as well as numerous images and videos of her participating in acts that would shame many.
[1+1-5=-3] When trying to find infor-mation on the good general, your people return from various data-bases with nasty burns and cuts, citing the computer shocking them or even exploding. Later that night, the General links with your feed, blood seeping from various bandages wrapped across his bare chest, a large powered-gauntlet holding a sawn-off that any of your thugs would kill to own, tapping it softly against his thigh. "Is there a problem, here?"
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 07:24:31 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 27