Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Looking for banner artist/forum/anything (Now with uniform helixes!)  (Read 1559 times)

Inithis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Riftborn.
    • View Profile

Hello B12,

Me and a friend started a large clan within a game, and I am currently looking for someone or somewhere that will make me a banner for said clan. If anyone on here wants to do it, that'd be great, but I really don't expect it. If anyone knows where I can request a banner (and have it made to quality) then please, help me out here.

Sincerely,
              Valerion Inithis
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 06:27:37 pm by Inithis »
He immediately begins to beavergoat the man quite thoroughly! At the very beginning, the man is mystified by James' actions, but his face quickly becomes a mask of horror when the procedure starts!

"OH GODS WHY? WHYYY?"

After a twenty minute session, the man is left white as a sheet, hairless and completely and utterly dead. James congratulates himself on a job well done!

Inithis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Riftborn.
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for banner artist/forum/anything
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 07:21:41 am »

Aaaaand no one replies. It's what I expected anyway.

I'll let this sit a few more hours, than delete it if no-one shows up.
He immediately begins to beavergoat the man quite thoroughly! At the very beginning, the man is mystified by James' actions, but his face quickly becomes a mask of horror when the procedure starts!

"OH GODS WHY? WHYYY?"

After a twenty minute session, the man is left white as a sheet, hairless and completely and utterly dead. James congratulates himself on a job well done!

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 07:24:35 am »

Be patient. CP can sometimes take days before a good reply. Also note you haven't talked about what sort of style or content you want, just that you want it both quality and (assumedly?) free.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2012, 12:06:38 pm »

Be patient. CP can sometimes take days before a good reply. Also note you haven't talked about what sort of style or content you want, just that you want it both quality and (assumedly?) free.

I second this. I could probably help, but I have no idea of what you're looking for.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2012, 04:21:05 pm »

So, I take it what you want is a banner for signatures, and a free forum host? I don't know much more than the basics about making forum signatures but I could give you some pointers if you want to do your own. It's not very hard, and it's easy to make a good looking one with GIMP (a free photoshop alternative) and a screenshot or two- by the way, what game are you playing? There's also some free signature banner generators that look good.

I also know some other bay12'ers have used Freeforums.org* to host a forum, and there's other free forum/website hosts out there too. Usually sites like that give you a name like "myforum.freeforums.org" or "mywebsite.bravenet.com" where you can name it yourself but the host address is still in there. Or you could download Simple Machine Forum and try hosting a server with FreeDNS for DNS registration if you're up for a little work.

*note that Freeforums deletes your forum if it's been inactive for a month.

I'm no expert on any of this; that's just some basic background knowledge. Don't be afraid to dive in; adequate-looking forum signatures, forum hosting and website banners can be entry-level stuff if you invest a few hours.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Inithis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Riftborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2012, 04:31:31 pm »

Sorry if I seemed angsty or something. I was very, very tired.

I was hoping for a sort of simple, austere form. Brushed steel as the base, with a raised double helix going across (note; without the bars of DNA.) The helix would be tinted blue. Then, within the spaces of the helix, would be indented letters spelling Kronos. Thus, six spaces and a tiny bit of extension, giving the appearance of being connected to more links of the helix. The indented letters would be tinted black.

All craftdwarfship is of the highest quality, of course.  :D

@ Sensei,

I didn't need to make a forum. I don't know where you got that idea, but thanks for the suggestions.

"OH GODS WHY? WHYYY?"

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2012, 05:11:26 pm »

What resolution? I should be able to make something like that fairly quick.

EDIT: Uniform helix, or non-uniform?

Inithis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Riftborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2012, 05:31:32 pm »

Preferably good-n'-high; the forum I'm on has no size limit.

"OH GODS WHY? WHYYY?"

Inithis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Riftborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2012, 06:27:17 pm »

Agh, missed it. Uniform Helix.

"OH GODS WHY? WHYYY?"

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for banner artist/forum/anything (Now with uniform helixes!)
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2012, 07:18:10 pm »

I though you might be looking for a forum as well as a banner from the thread title. Anyways, voila! CrPr Delivers!
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2012, 07:23:16 pm »

Spoiler: Something like this? (click to show/hide)

If you want to use it, please save and rehost it.

I also have the PS document saved if it needs some adjustments. If that's the case just say what's wrong.

Inithis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Riftborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2012, 10:00:51 pm »

This is great work; thank you very much!

I'm going to have to make a quick inquiry to the guild leader, but I imagine that he will be just as taken with it as I am. Again, thank you!

"OH GODS WHY? WHYYY?"