Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12

Author Topic: A better memorial thread.  (Read 10965 times)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: A better memorial thread.
« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2012, 12:20:45 am »

/INTERNET HUGS FOR EVERYONE
I'm Kaijyuu and I approve of this message.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2012, 02:17:29 am »

Cool.

I was looking through all the pre-'08 members, seeing who had over 1000 posts (because that's what I do in my free time).

So Soulwynd, and PTTG and Akroma.

Man, I forgot about them. I miss them too know.
Love, scriver~

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 04, 2012, 03:14:23 am »

Vector ;_;  It'll sure be nice to see her again someday.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 04, 2012, 04:15:21 am »

At least stick around on bay12.

we wub woo...

I don't really have much that I'm involved with on here anymore. Wait until Glitterglen 2 starts, perhaps.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 04, 2012, 06:50:46 am »

Retro, Capntastic Captain Mayday(?), and the rest of the casualties of the big thing that went down over the flooding of GD with contentless threads.  Torak, Fishersalwaysdie, Dasleah, too mean to live with, too cool to live without.  Vester, WorkerDrone, not banned but I still miss them.  Neruz, he was cool.

In the hall of shame:  IoricKittencuddler, wanked so hard about PC Master Race it derailed threads.  Yanlin, nothing came out of his mouth that didn't have to do with fundies.  Dreadfang, who just...  Man, Dreadfang...  Okenido, helped spawn the yuri bullshit.

Speaking of Okenido, who remembers that really weird period where everyone on the entire forum turned out to secretly be a girl?  Good times.

Not an edit:  Vector left for parts unknown.

I remember when I knew most posters by name. And I remember when VN was an actual thing, before the spam got it exploded.

Now there are people I don't recognize reminiscing about people I don't remember. Makes me feel old.. er.

[Where's the fellow gone who was always so polite to everyone and signed his posts with a signature? He/she was nice, I enjoy people who post long things. Deathsomething?]

Oh and I miss IndonesianWarMinister, but that's just me.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 06:53:48 am by Mictlantecuhtli »
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 04, 2012, 07:20:27 am »

I was kinda thinking about the same thing a couple of days ago.
GET YOUR DRONES OUT OF MY HEAD

That said...Vector, Max White and ein~ (memorial tilde use)

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 04, 2012, 07:59:53 am »

[Where's the fellow gone who was always so polite to everyone and signed his posts with a signature? He/she was nice, I enjoy people who post long things. Deathsomething?]
DeathWorks.  He did act a bit like a very advanced bot but at least he could always revive a thread with an argument about signing all his posts.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 04, 2012, 09:32:41 am »

Yea I miss Akroma and DeathWorks.

IndonesianWarMinister has a blog http://inawarminister.wordpress.com/2012/07/18/rebooting-this-blog/ and twitter https://twitter.com/inawarminister , otherwise I'd miss him as well.

Hey! We should all collaborate and do some stalking detective work to find other avenues of contact with everyone lost!
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 04, 2012, 09:43:35 am »

I remember when I knew most posters by name. And I remember when VN was an actual thing, before the spam got it exploded.

Now there are people I don't recognize reminiscing about people I don't remember. Makes me feel old.. er.

I remember when I knew most of the people posting by username.

And feeling quite humble compared to them, because they were all smarter than me, and they could prove that by arguing a coherent and convincing post about any topic you cared to name.

Now...Now I know quite a few of the top posters, and those I know I either agree with almost completely, siding with them almost on principle, or disagree with vehemently, reading their posts as if the root of all evil.

Funny that way.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 04, 2012, 09:45:26 am »

Everyone is mentioning Vector.
Nobody is mentioning Vester.

Both of them are missed.

Oh and I miss IndonesianWarMinister, but that's just me.
I also miss IWM. But apparently he had some pretty culturally severe theories on homosexuality.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 09:47:16 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 04, 2012, 09:51:00 am »

Honestly, I think both Vester and Vector are better off for not spending so much time here anymore.

:] Wishing everyone all the best from Singapore. o/

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 04, 2012, 10:00:15 am »

Honestly, I think both Vester and Vector are better off for not spending so much time here anymore.

:] Wishing everyone all the best from Singapore. o/
What you doing in the Disneyland of Discipline? (I kid...it's a nice place.)

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 04, 2012, 10:01:13 am »

Hey, Kael! I was just about to memorialize you, too. I'd wondered where you'd gone off to on your globetrotting adventures.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 04, 2012, 10:01:56 am »

Vector was a good person to have on the boards, and I wish her well in what she's doing.

That doesn't mean I like her, but I'm not-so-good a person, so I think that evens out.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 04, 2012, 10:13:55 am »

DeathWorks.  He did act a bit like a very advanced bot but at least he could always revive a thread with an argument about signing all his posts.
Deathworks isn't gone, really. He just has a weird and erratic posting history. Indeed, now that we've discussed him I expect him to swoop down out of nowhere and respond to this.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12