Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cannot get my military to wear full armor  (Read 331 times)

Umbra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Cannot get my military to wear full armor
« on: September 03, 2012, 11:17:03 am »

Title says it all, at most they will wear: body armor, greaves, shield. They just wont take anything else. I have seen various pages and tutorials, followed the instructions, i still do not understand what am i doing wrong. I need help, got plenty of screenshots.

Here is a picture of one of my armor bins, plenty of armor they aint using:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Here is the uniforms tab in the military screen:

Here is the assign uniforms tab (its assigned to everyone in the squad):

Here is the equip tab in the same screen:

Here is a view of my barracks/training area (2 chests, 2 weaponracks, 2 armor stands, 2 cabinets, a lever and an unlucky ravenman in a cage):

And here is a pic of my dwarf wearing just a mail shirt... :

I bet its something dumb like switching one option one/off but i just cant find it.

P.S. Why are my letters dissapearing randomly sometimes like in the equip screen (last dwarf surname), its a nuisance

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
Re: Cannot get my military to wear full armor
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 11:21:47 am »

You might need to change it to replace clothing in the uniform set-up, sometime dwarves wears too much clothings for stuff to be put on. Sometimes they're just plain slow in picking stuff up, stationing them tend to hurry it up ( Try this first to check! ).

There used to be a bug where they'd get confused by bins, I thought it was fixed, but with hauling changes, I'm not sure.

Also about the disappearing letter, I believe it's a TrueType bug I've seen mentioned often, hitting F12 or scrolling mouse wheel are the solutions I've seen given.

Umbra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2012, 11:30:12 am »

If i do the replace clothing option will they go and wear civilian clothing while they are off duty or will they be in armor? I have 8/10 training so 2 are civilians at any time.

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2012, 11:55:35 am »

If i do the replace clothing option will they go and wear civilian clothing while they are off duty or will they be in armor? I have 8/10 training so 2 are civilians at any time.

There're a setting that tells them to wear armor while off-duty, I can't remember where it is. I always leave that enabled since I tend to have emergency responses or like to give dwarves specific suits for job types but I don't recall which is default. 34.11 have dwarves happy just in armors, earlier versions didn't, I believe.