- 0 (0%)
Good Riddance to Bad Rubbish!
- 0 (0%)
Make Another One Fool!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: September 11, 2012, 11:27:31 pm

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 55

Author Topic: Roll to Migrate: Planet H-3 - Day 3 - Second Wave - No Slots Presently Open  (Read 47119 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Roll to Migrate: Planet H-3 - Day 3 - Second Wave - No Slots Presently Open
« Reply #720 on: October 11, 2012, 01:26:16 pm »

I'll give Yhgi some time to modify his action, if he so desires, then Action Post.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #721 on: October 12, 2012, 01:59:02 am »

Cautiously proceed, if I hear any noises of any creature, jump back immediately and head back to the light.
Light in hand, you cautiously take your first step into the cave. You strain to listen for any sounds, but you can't hear anything through your suit, and in the near-vacuum, so you place you hand against the wall instead and try to feel for vibrations. Surely if anything was moving inside you would be able to feel it. You've made a good amount of progress into the cave, yet the glimmer grows no brighter, and the tunnel still has yet to turn or change in any way. Looking back, you can still see Reggie and Yhgi at the entrance as they peer down at you worriedly.

Connect to Vixen and run standard restart procedure, after she restarts sync her with my inplant.
<Parrot fly back to rover and begin a perimeter around the hole>
<Vixen walk to rover>
"How's it going down there guys?"
Walk over to Vincent and look at him for a moment..... realizing that Phil know's little in the field of medicine he does what his CO did to wake him up, Kick him in his ribs
Your implant spends a few moments compiling before finally establishing a link between you and Vixen, who promptly hops back up onto her feet and trots over to you. You send out your orders and Vixen moves over to the rover and sits down to wait near it as instructed while the Parrot circles back from its patrol and begins the journey back [ETA --- One Turn]. Once your work is done, you approach Vincent, who lies still on the ground, and deliver a solid kick directly to his guts. [5] He wakes with a start and moans in pain. Whether it was because of his dislocated shoulder or his now bruised ribs, you have no idea. Vincent is Conscious.

((wow. I didn't even think that would work. Was all that from a single roll?))

Lie on the ground for a minute, then head over to the MRU and search for that laser combat blade

Guys, I made it inside ok, but the aliens probably know where I live. Expect a welcome party when you get back.

*To self
I'll be damned if I'm caught outside like that without a knife again.
You remove your helm and carelessly toss it aside, then spend a few seconds catching your breath before getting to your feet and going inside to access the MRU.

MRU: R.A. Accessed….
Processing….
Standard Energy Combat Blade w/Custom Speed-Draw Belt and Adjustable Length (Max. 20 Inches) [240Cs] --- Request Sent, Pending Approval….
Request Approved --- Transaction Complete [-240Cs]….

You hear a dull whir from deep within the MRU, which is interrupted by a clatter from inside the drop-box on the side of the MRU.

Yhgi moves to Reggie to try and remove some of the shards in his shoulder. But first analyses Reggie's shoulder to make sure he doesn't ruin anything.
You walk over to Reggie and take a look at his shoulder. [5] Turns out the wounds are entirely superficial, and that Reggie is merely an overbearing, loudmouthed pussy. You stick your fingers without hesitation and despite Reggie's whimpering into the holes in his shoulder and come away with a few tiny shards of crystal. You hold them in front of his face before tossing them aside and shaking your head in disgust.

Perrin stops being an idiot and climbs back up the rope to relocate Vincent's shoulder.
You clamber back up onto solid ground and move to see if Vincent is okay. He is now holding both his shoulder, and his stomach, and you wonder idly what could possibly be wrong with him. [5] Looking at his shoulder, you guess that it would be quite simple to put the thing back into place using the standard medical approach. You order Haurk hold him down, despite his protests, and then stomp roughly upon his shoulder until its put back into place. When you ask Vincent his permission to have a look at his stomach, he crawls away as quickly as he can while quietly weeping. You and Haurk beam at one another over the successful procedure. A job well done indeed!

((Thought Reggie already was standing, oh well prob doesn't matter))

No I don't really I want to go in. I'm having trouble moving. Frankly I want to go home and get properly fixed. There's some glass in my shoulder Aenos couldn't get out with his hands the way they are. Can you try to pull out the pieces Yhgi?

Stay still and get crystal bits pulled out. Or if Yhgi won't help me then pick up some more broken crystals off the ground.
You feel like the biggest loser on the face of the earth and hang your head in shame. Your shoulder even works just fine, after testing it a bit by wiping your tears.

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #722 on: October 12, 2012, 02:39:58 am »

((lol ok then, I had the impression that his condition was serious, last action post he could barely stand up.))

Thanks dude. Broken Glass inside you hurts crazy bad.

Pull out 2 lumirods. give one to Yhngi, activate the other and follow Aeonos, staying about 10 feed behind. I walk in jammer in one hand, lumirod in the other, looking at the walls, floor and cealing, miner senese alert.

Yhgi hold onto that for now just in case you need to come in and need light. Don't waste it though, they're like 16 credits each.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 02:59:22 am by Joben »
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

Jatha

• Bay Watcher
  • And people say I have no sense of irony...
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: October 12, 2012, 05:32:18 am »

Grab the combat blade and examine it. Look for potential modifications, then strap it on and activate the windows.

Spoiler: Gordon Reginald (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 11:38:44 pm by Jatha »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #724 on: October 12, 2012, 11:57:04 am »

((lol ok then, I had the impression that his condition was serious, last action post he could barely stand up.))
[/i][/color]
Animal Planet would be disappointed.

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: October 12, 2012, 01:59:35 pm »

Proceed into the cavern and find the shiny thing, if it gets strangely deep, head back, hold knife and hope for the best. "If something starts attacking me, please don't shoot me instead."

mentallama

• Bay Watcher
  • I need a bigger weapon
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: October 12, 2012, 03:58:59 pm »

Good work Perrin  :D
Walk back to the rover
<Vixen what are your functions?>
War is not about who is right but who is left.
-unknown

Yhgi117

• Bay Watcher
  • Proud owner of an Internet connection. Mostly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: October 12, 2012, 07:59:05 pm »

Yhgi grabs Reggie by the back of the head and pushes their visors together. He says, "Don't worry, after we get back up Perrin'll patch both of you up.". Exiting the embrace, Yhgi follows Aneos into the cave, shouldering his rifle and telling Reggie to take out his utility blade (via radio).

((By the way, Mentallama, you may want to change your colour for Vixen's commands. That pink is sorta hard to see.))
You turn on your heel and scream like a madman before performing a flying leap directly into Vincent's gut. I'M A LEAVE! The two of you achieve orbit momentarily before roughly landing on the ground in a heap.

Mr.FancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • Um.. I'll get back to you on this...
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: October 12, 2012, 08:04:46 pm »

Thanks, Haurk.  :D
Is anyone else injured?
Move towards Vincent.
You trip over your own feet and your weapon discharges directly into Damien's face. All thats left of his head is a pitifully small pile of ash and a blackened cranial implant. At least the rest of him is okay.

Serious Business

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: October 12, 2012, 09:49:34 pm »

Vincent stands up and radios the others

You could have put my arm back a bit slower, or at least woke me up gentler.  Any thing odd down there?

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: October 12, 2012, 10:27:57 pm »

"Be nice to each other, guys. We need to work together, here. Also, be careful in the cave. ... Oh, and one more thing- Reggie, I am dissapoint."

Keep my watch.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #731 on: October 12, 2012, 11:06:25 pm »

Via contact audio  transmission to Yighi. "Thanks. It would rought down here when it was just me on my back wtih boddies falling. I freaked out a bit but I'm ok now I think."

Radio I've got my blade handy if i need it easy to draw to either hand, but my jammer if what I want to hit with first. It's not just a pick, it's a powertool that can deliver a massive smack of kinetic energy through the spike. It shatters boulders with a single swing.

((last action above not changed this is just IC chat))
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #732 on: October 13, 2012, 12:50:39 am »

Radio I've got my blade handy….
What blade?

EDIT: Oh, the utility blade. You can't kill shit with that thing.

EDIT2: You don't need to include actions with your dialogue. Anything that is said is assumed to be transmitted over the radio, unless specified otherwise.

While I'm on this, helmet contact communication, if you want your conversation to be kept secret from the others, along with any other actions that the others might consider 'immoral' or 'unfair' should probably be done through PM. Stealth actions or dialogue will not be shown in the normal action post, unless someone within eyesight completes a perception check, in which case only that person will know about the action, and may or may not choose to let the others know about it. I'm considering adding this to the OOC OP as a Subterfuge addendum. I might let you guys murder one another for your things once we reach late-game and the planet becomes a little more civilised. A little mind-games never hurt. ;)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 02:26:06 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #733 on: October 13, 2012, 03:22:19 am »

Thanks dude. Broken Glass inside you hurts crazy bad.

Pull out 2 lumirods. give one to Yhngi, activate the other and follow Aeonos, staying about 10 feed behind. I walk in jammer in one hand, lumirod in the other, looking at the walls, floor and cealing, miner senese alert.

Yhgi hold onto that for now just in case you need to come in and need light. Don't waste it though, they're like 16 credits each.
Lumi-rods last for years. Way better than glow sticks, plus you can drink the fluid inside it in an emergency! (+1 Water Ration, gross!)

You grab two lumi-rods from your pack and toss one to Yhgi, then twist one end on yours. It emits a harsh red glow, and you hold it far out in front of you while keeping your Jammer ready in your opposite hand. You head into the tunnel and quickly catch up to Aneos, who has set his lamp down and seems to be feeling the walls.

Grab the combat blade and examine it. Look for potential modifications, then strap it on and activate the windows.
You slide open the MRU drop-box and grab your new weapon and accompanying belt. From the outside, you can't see much thats mod worthy, aside from the obvious addition of a guider blade. You activate the energy and test its reactor. Mediocre at best, it can barely hold a twelve inch length at full density, and taking it all the way to 20 causes it to flicker and threaten to short out. You set it back to the optimal twelve before hanging it from its holster on the belt and walking over to key the window band. You check the entire exterior from your position behind the band, but the mongrels are no longer in sight. Thats a relief.

Proceed into the cavern and find the shiny thing, if it gets strangely deep, head back, hold knife and hope for the best. "If something starts attacking me, please don't shoot me instead."
You're still feeling for vibrations when Reggie walks up and frightens the holy living shit out of you. You give him a good shove in response and motion wildly for him to "FUCKING SHHH!!!". You're just about to grab your light when you feel the ground vibrate ever so slightly. You only felt it for a moment, but the scary part is that you felt it at all. You scoop up the floodlight and delve into the black, blade at the ready, Reggie at your side.

Good work Perrin  :D
Walk back to the rover
<Vixen what are your functions?>
You head back to the rover with Vixen at your heels. She reports that she functions as a mobile scouting and diversionary tactical unit, and possesses limited sensor capabilities along with advanced combat and evasion programs. She also carries a launcher in her back currently equipped with illumination and obscuring ordnance, but you note that any compatible projectile can be loaded into the feed manually. Her load bearing capabilities are limited, but you surmise that she could easily carry a few small items.

Yhgi grabs Reggie by the back of the head and pushes their visors together. He says, "Don't worry, after we get back up Perrin'll patch both of you up.". Exiting the embrace, Yhgi follows Aneos into the cave, shouldering his rifle and telling Reggie to take out his utility blade (via radio).
It was just a moment okay?! You activate your lumi-rod and hang it from the front of your harness before bringing your rifle to bear and following behind Reggie while wondering if he'll ever learn to love you. You tell Reggie to draw his blade, but he disregards this and continues to heft his Jammer instead. The two of you meet up with Aneos partway down the tunnel and keep moving. The tunnel is wide enough for you all to stand abreast and still have space to bring your weapons to bear, which is a good thing too, since you think you just saw something shifting in the dark.
((You may want to change your colour for Vixen's commands. That pink is sorta hard to see.))
Disregard. You will be punished accordingly, mentallama, if you post her actions in any other colour besides pink. Have a nice day. :D

Thanks, Haurk.  :D
Is anyone else injured?
Move towards Vincent.
You move towards Vincent entreatingly. He crawls away from you while asking for mercy through his sobs and begging you not to perform experiments on him after you finish implanting nightmares into his brain.

Vincent stands up and radios the others

You could have put my arm back a bit slower, or at least woke me up gentler.  Any thing odd down there?
You get to your feet and stumble away from Perrin as he tries to do more !!MEDICINE!! on you. You key your helmet mike. KEEP THIS MOTHERFUCKER AWAY FROM ME!!
WHY?!! WHY WOULD YOU DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT YOU SICK BASTARD!!!!! AGGHH!H!!!!H!G!H!

"Be nice to each other, guys. We need to work together, here. Also, be careful in the cave. ... Oh, and one more thing- Reggie, I am dissapoint."

Keep my watch.
Sorry about no actions for the Hoisting Team. I'm trying to liven it up over there, as you can see.

You keep the watch. You notice a beetle the size of your head crawling up your leg and tell it to halt. It snaps at your fingers instead.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 04:36:20 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Jatha

• Bay Watcher
  • And people say I have no sense of irony...
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: October 13, 2012, 04:43:30 am »

Check the MRU for a paracord equivalent, then check for HabMod upgrades
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 03:39:59 pm by Jatha »
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 55