- 0 (0%)
Good Riddance to Bad Rubbish!
- 0 (0%)
Make Another One Fool!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: September 11, 2012, 11:27:31 pm

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 55

Author Topic: Roll to Migrate: Planet H-3 - Day 3 - Second Wave - No Slots Presently Open  (Read 47190 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Roll to Migrate: Planet H-3 - Day 3 - Second Wave - No Slots Presently Open
« Reply #690 on: October 08, 2012, 09:54:39 pm »

Attempt to re-locate my shoulder.

YAAAAAGH! MY ARM!  Sorry guys, feeling a little jumpy after the attack this morning.  Not sure ifIm exited or scared.  Also can someone help me with my arm?  Did I mention that it's in pain?
[1] You try to push it back in, but to no avail, and on top of that, the pain is so great that you end up passing out too. Vincent is unconscious.

((thanks))

Damn it! Guys, these aliens are made out of rubber! Where are you?!

Sprint away from the alien (henceforth referred to as the "mongrel") as well as the mongrel pack. When I start to feel tired, turn around and take aim at the Mongrel. Stay within visual range of the Habmod.
You back away in horror before turning and running in the opposite direction. You get thirty feet between you and the monster before facing it once more. [6 + 1] You take a shot at the Mongrel and nail it dead centre in the chest. The Mongrel bursts into a bright red mist, its body vaporised.

Pending thoughts of splatification, Yhgi grips with his hands, thighs and feet to slow his speedy descent.
[3] You try to work out what exactly to do next, but its just too damned confusing. You sit there for a little while and try to think harder.

Reggie nods agreement to extracting the broken spike when possible. Then if Aneos is done puling crystals he shuffles over to look at Cletus.

"No way he survived that," he thinks, "but you gotta check...it's the decent thing to do."
You turn to see if Cletus is still in one piece. What was formerly known as Cletus is now literally lying in a pool of his own blood. He apparently hit the ground headfirst, evidenced by the fact that his helmet now looks a lot more like an accordion than it did before. His skull burst like a melon inside his suit, and his blood is still leaking onto the ground from the pulverised helmet. His back is bent at an impossible angle, and his limbs are mangled beyond belief from the force of the crushing impact. You feel a bit sick and have to turn away after a short time.

This is Phil, I have an overhead view of the whole thing. Listen you need to take that thing out and get inside before the other's notice you. Just relax and carefully take your shots. You have an energy weapon they don't make much sound so the others shouldn't hear you. We will come to reinforce your position as soon as we are done here, it might be awhile before we do though we have one dead and another two wounded.
Continue watching feed looking for any tactical advantage.
<Parrot scan area around "mongrels">
It looks like the pack of Mongrels are still near the rock, and they don't appear to be organising themselves in any way. You're not sure what to tell Gordon at this point, although he does seem to be straying a bit far from the Habitat Module.

Look at the larger crystals on the walls, try to kick some loose. If not possible try to cut some loose.
Instead of helping Reggie, you decide to investigate the walls. There aren't any crystals protruding from them, but they do seem to be peppered with holes and scars. One particularly large one looms ahead of you like a tunnel. You think you see something glimmering somewhere in the dark.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 01:38:26 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

Jatha

• Bay Watcher
  • And people say I have no sense of irony...
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: October 08, 2012, 10:05:29 pm »

((I thought I got +1 to all attacks using a rifle?[rifle marksmenship?]))

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #692 on: October 08, 2012, 10:26:05 pm »

*action altered*

Jatha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: October 08, 2012, 10:39:04 pm »

*action altered*

((Thanks GUNIN! I'll start posting my character sheet when possible.))

Take a deep breath, then reload my Rifle and slowly start heading back towards the HabMod. Take extra care to not be seen

So, Phil... You said we lost someone?

Spoiler: Gordon Reginald (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 05:18:25 pm by Jatha »

mentallama

• Bay Watcher
  • I need a bigger weapon
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: October 09, 2012, 01:32:02 am »

Ummmm... Yeah, lets just say we are going to need a spoon to get him back. And as a side note, I may never eat Jello again.
Watch video feed
<Parrot fly closer to the animals but not so close that you are in reach and scan them>
War is not about who is right but who is left.
-unknown

Jatha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: October 09, 2012, 01:39:05 am »

Ouch. You also mentioned two of our comrades were injured. Who exactly? Can you make it back to base?

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #696 on: October 09, 2012, 02:34:31 am »

((Wohooo good shot. Finally the RNJ smiled on us a little))

GOD DAMN. Poor Cletus. I've seen death before but that's...that's. If you've got a weak stomach don't even look. DAMN.

Cut two small pieces from my thermal tarp (ask for help if my shoulder is a problem) and use them and the tape to bandage Aenos' hands. Also look up to see how much progress Yhgi has made.

Aenos come here a mo so I can work on ya. btw do you have a light? I do, so we can take a look in these holes if you want.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #697 on: October 09, 2012, 02:50:15 am »

Gordon, This is Reggie, me an Aenos are on the floor of the pit. We're walking but need medical care, I've got a crystal spike in my shoulder and his hands are screwed up, ropeburned to the bone. Cletus is the one that bought it. The rope decent was a disaster. I think we can ascend safely, and I'm lobbying that it be soon.

((Gunnin can this rope be made to fuse at any point or does it only do it end to end? I want to make an loop to go under someone's shoulders while they get pulled up.))
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #698 on: October 09, 2012, 03:51:12 am »

((Gunnin can this rope be made to fuse at any point or does it only do it end to end? I want to make an loop to go under someone's shoulders while they get pulled up.))
Yes. You can attempt to make a makeshift harness and attach it to the end of the rope.

Yhgi117

• Bay Watcher
  • Proud owner of an Internet connection. Mostly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: October 09, 2012, 07:04:53 am »

((If anyone ever asks me to climb a carbon-weave rope down a cliff-face, I don't think I'll do it. And if Yhgi dies during this, someone can have his rifle and gear [if that's allowed]. Also, what's an "RNJ"?))

Okay, can I just ask; who do we have uninjured? Because I knew I had a bad feeling about this. He begins his descent again, carefully.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You turn on your heel and scream like a madman before performing a flying leap directly into Vincent's gut. I'M A LEAVE! The two of you achieve orbit momentarily before roughly landing on the ground in a heap.

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #700 on: October 09, 2012, 10:59:14 am »

((RNJ is the Elder God that oversees this universe. No seriously, it's the Random Number Generator, aka the dice rolls. For some reason playing games like this it's very easy to anthropomorphise the thing and get very superstitious.

Lol we'll happily take free gear, would you kinda get down far enough before falling that you don't turn into goo and get it all broken and covered in blood? ;) ))
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 11:00:50 am by Joben »

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: October 09, 2012, 02:52:23 pm »

Go back and get hands bandaged. "I think we should be pretty careful with these caves. Especially going with the fact that literally everything on this planet is trying to kill us."

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #702 on: October 09, 2012, 03:59:07 pm »

((Thanks GUNIN! I'll start posting my character sheet when possible.))

Take a deep breath, then reload my Rifle and slowly start heading back towards the HabMod. Take extra care to not be seen

So, Phil... You said we lost someone?
You take a deep breath and slow your breathing, then remove the depleted capacitor from your rifle and replace it with a charged one. You head out and concentrate on moving as silently as possible toward the Habitat Module. [2 + 1 Skill] Walking on tip toes in a space suit is a bit of a challenge, to say the least. You've nearly reached the airlock when you turn your head and realize that the entire Mongrel pack is staring at you.

Ummmm... Yeah, lets just say we are going to need a spoon to get him back. And as a side note, I may never eat Jello again.
Watch video feed
<Parrot fly closer to the animals but not so close that you are in reach and scan them>
You scan the pack with thermal, the only other function that your surveillance equipment possesses. They strangely have no heat readings.

((Wohooo good shot. Finally the RNJ smiled on us a little))

GOD DAMN. Poor Cletus. I've seen death before but that's...that's. If you've got a weak stomach don't even look. DAMN.

Cut two small pieces from my thermal tarp (ask for help if my shoulder is a problem) and use them and the tape to bandage Aenos' hands. Also look up to see how much progress Yhgi has made.

Aenos come here a mo so I can work on ya. btw do you have a light? I do, so we can take a look in these holes if you want.
You pull your tarp from the bottom of your pack and tear two long strips from the edge of it and beckon Aneos over to you. Glancing upward, you see that Yhgi has quite nearly made it all the way down. You guess he has more than 40 feet to go.

((If anyone ever asks me to climb a carbon-weave rope down a cliff-face, I don't think I'll do it. And if Yhgi dies during this, someone can have his rifle and gear [if that's allowed]. Also, what's an "RNJ"?))

Okay, can I just ask; who do we have uninjured? Because I knew I had a bad feeling about this. He begins his descent again, carefully.
[5] You finish the rest of your descent without incident. You see someone's corpse leaking all over the ground near Aneos and Reggie, both of whom appear to be wounded.

Go back and get hands bandaged. "I think we should be pretty careful with these caves. Especially going with the fact that literally everything on this planet is trying to kill us."
[6] Reggie does a pretty decent job taping your wounds up. Maybe a little too decent. The bandages are wound too tight and he overdid it with the tape, and now you can't bend your fingers. He used all of the tape strapping the scraps of cloth on you, so you won't be able to try again until you make it back to the Hab. You'll still need some Stimulants to finish the job.

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: October 09, 2012, 04:52:49 pm »

"At least my hands wont go useless." Look into the cave with knife at the ready.

mentallama

• Bay Watcher
  • I need a bigger weapon
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: October 09, 2012, 05:02:33 pm »

"Guys i'm gonna see if I can get Vixen running for me, it would dishonor Cleatus not to use what he left us.
Lower myself off the rover and walk towards Vixen
War is not about who is right but who is left.
-unknown
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 55