- 0 (0%)
Good Riddance to Bad Rubbish!
- 0 (0%)
Make Another One Fool!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: September 11, 2012, 11:27:31 pm

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 55

Author Topic: Roll to Migrate: Planet H-3 - Day 3 - Second Wave - No Slots Presently Open  (Read 47371 times)

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
Re: Roll to Migrate - Day 3 - Second Wave - No Slots Presently Open
« Reply #570 on: September 30, 2012, 06:52:08 pm »

Reggie listens to the chatter about lavapedes dead guys in the hab mo dual and makes a mental note to get the full story on the last couple days as soon as possible. The fauna of this place seem like a major problem, and colonists seem to have died with alarming freqency in the space of a couple days. One problem at a time though, and right now they're standing on the side of a cliff with no obvious plan.

Radio: What exactly is the plan guys? Straight climbing seems kind nuts. Getting down would be risky enough, but climbing up will be hard, especially if we find valuable minerals. Or were you planning roll the rover back and forth to raise and lower the rope?

I look at the rover to see if it has a winch.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 06:54:33 pm by Joben »
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

Jatha

• Bay Watcher
  • And people say I have no sense of irony...
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: September 30, 2012, 07:36:07 pm »

"Unbelievable" Gordon mutters. Walk over to Jay's body and pull it out of the suit, then carry it (the body) outside.

" Just so you know," Gordon grunts as he steps out onto the surface. "Back home, you boys would have been executed for leaving your comrade unburied like that."

Spoiler: Gordon Reginald (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 07:46:52 pm by Jatha »

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: September 30, 2012, 07:48:34 pm »

"Actually, as a merchant we never really had many people dying. Though if someone did we kinda just shot them out of the airlock and hoped that they wouldn't hit another ship."

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #573 on: September 30, 2012, 07:57:57 pm »

"What the fuck is going on out there? And what the fuck is going on in here?!?"
After you finish raging you turn and stare at the poor man's corpse with a mixture of horror and disgust. He doesn't look like he's been moved in a least a day or two.

Look at how far from the bottom the rope reaches.
So, who's going first?
You double-check where you're standing and then carefully look down into the abyss. [Perception Check: 5] Squinting hard, you see that the rope has plenty of slack.

"I'd say that whoever knows how to mine goes." Help secure the rope.
You tell Perrin to secure the line while you attempt to actually tie off the rope. [1] You finish your knot and give Perrin permission to let go. It comes undone immediately and you actually need to dive in order to catch it before it zips into the hole. Getting up, you realise that your right arm really hurts. You shake it off and ignore it. As long as it still works you could care less about the pain.

Reggie listens to the chatter about lavapedes and makes a mental note to get the full story on the last couple days as soon as possible. The fauna of this place seem like a major problem, and colonists seem to have died with alarming freqency in the space of a couple days.

Radio: What exactly is the plan guys? Straight climbing seems kind nuts. Getting down would be risky enough, but climbing up will be hard, especially if we find valuable minerals. Or were you planning roll the rover back and forth to raise and lower the rope?

I look at the rover to see if it has a winch.

You look it over and find that the rover has no winch. Your suits have anchor points for working in zero gravity however, so you think you could also use them to get down without undue exertion by rappelling. Unfortunately, you're the only one who knows how to do so properly, and the others might be putting themselves in danger by descending without the proper training. A crash course wouldn't take you too long, and you'd need three people to stay behind.

"Unbelievable" Gordon mutters. Walk over to Jay's body and pull it out of the suit, then carry it (the body) outside.

" Just so you know," Gordon grunts as he steps out onto the surface. "Back home, you boys would have been executed for leaving your comrade unburied like that."
You grab him by the midsection and pull him onto your shoulder. Luckily he hasn't stiffened too much so it isn't too much of a chore to move him. Once you get through the airlock you stand there for a minute. Now what?

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: September 30, 2012, 08:04:08 pm »

Try tying it again.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #575 on: September 30, 2012, 08:05:55 pm »

Just as a side note, climbing back up won't be a problem, since all you'll need to do is hook onto the rope and drive the rover away from the whole.

Jatha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: September 30, 2012, 08:12:49 pm »

"Clearly, Aneos, you've never been to the Outworlds"

Set Jay's body down away from the space bears, then head back inside, deposit my credits, and check the MRU for close-quarter weapons (including some kind of dagger).

"A single shot rifle isn't going to help much if some Magmapod gets the jump on me."
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 08:15:28 pm by Jatha »

Mr.FancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • Um.. I'll get back to you on this...
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: September 30, 2012, 09:06:33 pm »

Help.
 :D
You trip over your own feet and your weapon discharges directly into Damien's face. All thats left of his head is a pitifully small pile of ash and a blackened cranial implant. At least the rest of him is okay.

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #578 on: September 30, 2012, 09:38:39 pm »

I can teach you guys how to rappel. It'll be safer than climbing hand over hand.

Conduct crash course in rappelling for anyone who will listen, and make sure they secure the rope properly.

((heh crash course.))
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #579 on: September 30, 2012, 11:00:55 pm »

Try tying it again.
[3] It looks horrible. :( You go cry on the ground a few feet away from the others.

"Clearly, Aneos, you've never been to the Outworlds"

Set Jay's body down away from the space bears, then head back inside, deposit my credits, and check the MRU for close-quarter weapons (including some kind of dagger).

"A single shot rifle isn't going to help much if some Magmapod gets the jump on me."
You set the dead man down gently so that he may decompose in peace, then head inside.

MRU: Transfer Complete --- New Balance: 540Cs….

So what kind of weapon do you want? What do you mean by "including some kind of dagger"? Do you want a short-range gun, and a dagger? Do you want a gun with a dagger on it? Do you just want a blade? What kind of gun? Pistols are CQ. Shotguns are CQ. Carbines and submachine guns are CQ. Do you want an energy or a ballistic weapon? High capacity-low firepower, or low capacity-high firepower? Something in between? What are you looking for? You can buy anything.

Help.
 :D
You pat Aneos on the back reassuringly and go to give it a try yourself. [4] It looks like his tie wasn't too horribly done. You untie the knot and retie it again with a small alteration. It will hold some weight, but if the rope is jerked or jarred, or too much weight is put on it, there's a good chance it will come undone.

I can teach you guys how to rappel. It'll be safer than climbing hand over hand.

Conduct crash course in rappelling for anyone who will listen, and make sure they secure the rope properly.

((heh crash course.))
You sit down and think for a moment, then you look up at the team. You can take up to four more people, plus yourself. Who should come with?

Serious Business

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: September 30, 2012, 11:24:52 pm »

Excuse me if the stress of having to people die in rather close proximity to me and early getting eaten by Space bears may have me a little confused.

Vincent attempts to help with the tying, then sets the rope up with the rover.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #581 on: October 01, 2012, 12:24:05 am »

Excuse me if the stress of having to people die in rather close proximity to me and early getting eaten by Space bears may have me a little confused.

Vincent attempts to help with the tying, then sets the rope up with the rover.
Its already been tied to the rover. Are you saying that you want to untie it and try again? You might get a better roll if you try to tie a better knot, but you could make it worse too.

Jatha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: October 01, 2012, 12:35:00 am »

Check the price of a ballistic carbine and a dagger with external sheath.

Yhgi117

• Bay Watcher
  • Proud owner of an Internet connection. Mostly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: October 01, 2012, 01:37:20 am »

Right! After slinging his rifle, Yhgi claps his armoured hands and sits down cross-legged. Who's going first?

((I'll take the crash course, if the spots aren't taken. Sorry I haven't been here, I've been preoccupied with cousins.))

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You turn on your heel and scream like a madman before performing a flying leap directly into Vincent's gut. I'M A LEAVE! The two of you achieve orbit momentarily before roughly landing on the ground in a heap.

Serious Business

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: October 01, 2012, 09:49:28 am »

((Can I try double knotting it again?  I'll just man the rover if I can't))
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 55