- 0 (0%)
Good Riddance to Bad Rubbish!
- 0 (0%)
Make Another One Fool!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: September 11, 2012, 11:27:31 pm

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 55

Author Topic: Roll to Migrate: Planet H-3 - Day 3 - Second Wave - No Slots Presently Open  (Read 47352 times)

Serious Business

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Migrate - Day 3 - Second Wave - No Slots Presently Open
« Reply #555 on: September 30, 2012, 03:07:45 pm »

Jim can you uncoil one end of the rope and pass it up?  We can tie one end to the rover and pull you up!

Vincent starts walking back to the rover to prepare it.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: September 30, 2012, 03:37:29 pm »

"Help me out, guys- pull me up."

Grab Reggie's rope, preferably after finding footholds.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 03:59:06 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Jatha

• Bay Watcher
  • And people say I have no sense of irony...
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: September 30, 2012, 03:40:52 pm »

Man up, go inside the Hab. Mod. and look around

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #558 on: September 30, 2012, 03:49:01 pm »

Reggie: I take out my 25 meter foot rope and uncoiling it toss one end of it to Jim. Then step back and try to brace myself in case he grabs it and slips before anyone helps me. On the radio I ask for assistance

Radio:"Guys, I have a rope too, help me pull him up. Don't get too close to the edge! Someone tie the other end to the rover if it will reach!"

[edit] Splicing in character sheet.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 04:09:05 pm by Joben »
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #559 on: September 30, 2012, 03:56:06 pm »

Reggie: I take out my 25 meter rope and uncoiling it toss one end of it to Jim. Then step back and try to brace myself in case he grabs it and slips before anyone helps me. On the radio I ask for assistance

Radio:"Guys, I have a rope too, help me pull him up. Don't get too close to the edge! Someone tie the other end to the rover if it will reach!"
Holy crap 25 meters? I meant 25 feet. Sorry. *rope magically changes to 25 feet* Regardless, your action is still valid.

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #560 on: September 30, 2012, 04:00:54 pm »

Haha that was a hell of a lot of big expensive rope now I think of it since James is encumbered by <200 feet of it. [edit] I think i just read the sheet wrong.

« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 04:04:12 pm by Joben »
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #561 on: September 30, 2012, 04:03:15 pm »

Haha that was a hell of a lot of big expensive rope now I think of it since James is encumbered by <200 feet of it.
Haha. Thats why this is a really big deal! If it was just a short coil of rope then this wouldn't even be a problem, he would just pull himself up. :P

Serious Business

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: September 30, 2012, 04:29:32 pm »

((Should I assume that I go to grab Reggie's rope instead?))

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #563 on: September 30, 2012, 04:40:50 pm »

Jim can you uncoil one end of the rope and pass it up?  We can tie one end to the rover and pull you up!

Vincent starts walking back to the rover to prepare it.
Jim looks quite busy hanging on for his life and doesn't respond. His arms are shaking with effort as he grips the ledge with his fingers. You reach down and try to do it yourself. [4] You manage to get a hand on one end of the rope, but you have no way of getting the coil off of him without forcing him to lose his hold.

"Help me out, guys- pull me up."

Grab Reggie's rope, preferably after finding footholds.
..E..elp….
You manage to choke it out while straining against the weight of the rope. Its almost as if it wants to drag you down into the Pit and bounce you off of the hard, rocky ground, until it shatters every bone in your body and drowns your deflated and ruptured organs in your own blood, tightening around you like an oversized Boa as you struggle to take just one last breath. [5] A powerful feeling washes over you. You're not going to die today. You slowly pull yourself up over the rim until your elbows are resting on it. Reggie grabs your left arm as soon as you're close enough and pulls mightily. It still isn't enough to get you up however, and your strength is drained after your push. He's the only thing keeping you from falling now. You drop your right arm and let the rope slip off. [4] Perrin manages to keep his hold on the end of rope as it uncoils and whips down into the depths. He drags the end over to the rover and wraps it around the frame without tying it. Reggie finishes pulling you up and you fall to the ground gasping for air.

Man up, go inside the Hab. Mod. and look around
The airlock door cycles and you walk into the Habitat Module. Someone's corpse is lying on the floor and has only just begun to rot thanks to the Module's sterile environment. Something is seriously wrong here.

Reggie: I take out my 25 meter foot rope and uncoiling it toss one end of it to Jim. Then step back and try to brace myself in case he grabs it and slips before anyone helps me. On the radio I ask for assistance

Fixing
You're about to throw some more rope at Jim's face when he miraculously begins to pull himself up despite none of you helping him in the slightest. After watching him struggling for a little bit longer you finally just yank him up onto solid ground. Why didn't you do that before? There are seven of you after all….

You're all standing around the rover watching Jim recover. His rope has been uncoiled and is stretching down into the bottom of the pit.

« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 04:43:41 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Jatha

• Bay Watcher
  • And people say I have no sense of irony...
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: September 30, 2012, 05:02:54 pm »

"What the fuck is going on out there? And what the fuck is going on in here?!?"

Spoiler: Gordon Reginald (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 06:07:34 pm by Jatha »

Mr.FancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • Um.. I'll get back to you on this...
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: September 30, 2012, 05:20:56 pm »

Look at how far from the bottom the rope reaches.
So, who's going first?
You trip over your own feet and your weapon discharges directly into Damien's face. All thats left of his head is a pitifully small pile of ash and a blackened cranial implant. At least the rest of him is okay.

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: September 30, 2012, 06:04:50 pm »

"I'd say that whoever knows how to mine goes." Help secure the rope.

Serious Business

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: September 30, 2012, 06:12:30 pm »

Not me.  Oh and don't mind the deceased corpse in the Hab new guy, we'll deal with Damien's body later.  And don't touch my scanner.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #568 on: September 30, 2012, 06:38:17 pm »

Not me.  Oh and don't mind the deceased corpse in the Hab new guy, we'll deal with Damien's body later.  And don't touch my scanner.
Damien fell into the lava..thats Jay in the Hab….  You don't even know his name!! You guys are messed up!!  :-\

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: September 30, 2012, 06:40:11 pm »

"Yeah, Jay's suit lost pressure and we didn't get him into the hab module in time, so he died, long story short. That's not counting the giant lava centipede that ate another one of our fellows."
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 55