- 0 (0%)
Good Riddance to Bad Rubbish!
- 0 (0%)
Make Another One Fool!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: September 11, 2012, 11:27:31 pm

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 55

Author Topic: Roll to Migrate: Planet H-3 - Day 3 - Second Wave - No Slots Presently Open  (Read 47207 times)

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Migrate - Day 1 - First Wave
« Reply #315 on: September 11, 2012, 02:51:31 pm »

Wake up and put suit on. Activate the windows for a view outside and light to wake others up.

Mr.FancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • Um.. I'll get back to you on this...
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: September 11, 2012, 03:06:46 pm »

((Woohoo! He isn't dead!)) :)

On a more serious note.
I wake up, put on my suit, and check on Jay.
You trip over your own feet and your weapon discharges directly into Damien's face. All thats left of his head is a pitifully small pile of ash and a blackened cranial implant. At least the rest of him is okay.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: September 11, 2012, 03:07:13 pm »

Resist infection.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Serious Business

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: September 11, 2012, 03:51:47 pm »

Vincent checks the scanner for results, then promptly heads to the MRU to get antibiotics

Mr.FancyPants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: September 11, 2012, 04:17:47 pm »

((Ok, so, plan of action anyone? other than, of course, don't get killed.))
You trip over your own feet and your weapon discharges directly into Damien's face. All thats left of his head is a pitifully small pile of ash and a blackened cranial implant. At least the rest of him is okay.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Roll to Migrate - Day 2 - First Wave
« Reply #320 on: September 11, 2012, 08:52:59 pm »

Wake up and put suit on. Activate the windows for a view outside and light to wake others up.
You get up and put your suit on. You depolarise the walls and light shines in, the others stir.

((Woohoo! He isn't dead!)) :)

On a more serious note.
I wake up, put on my suit, and check on Jay.
The sun wakes you up, and you walk over to check on Jay. You open his suit and check his pulse manually. It isn't there. You look at the heart-lung machine. Its flashing a small notice on the display: Cardiac Arrest -- Duration 8:45:52. You calmly rise to your feet and put your suit on.

Jay is dead.

I had a long ass explanation for why this happened but, my browser reset, and I lost it, along with some really great posts for the rest of you (Vincent got punched in the face multiple times). Thats life I guess. But that is neither here nor there. Back to why Jay's dead. He died because brain damage, to put it bluntly. There was a lot of it. Seven minutes of no oxygen would kill anyone without some extensive neurosurgery, and even then you would still be a vegetable. Nevertheless, you guys get a present for Perrin going out of his way to save Jay. Perrin himself also gets a medal, as you probably noticed before. Yay medals! :)

Resist infection.
You're dead. You'll just have to learn to live with it.

Vincent checks the scanner for results, then promptly heads to the MRU to get antibiotics
(Really tempted to just say "your scanner explodes, oops".. I don't feel like bullshitting my way through this..*sigh*….might as well get it over with..im probably just going to wing it and give you some information on the buggy bug itself rather than its cell structure)

You stand up without saying a word, crossing the room and donning your suit. Walking over to your personal laboratory, you crouch down and scoop up the scanner, turning the display on and viewing the results of your scan.

Scanner: Scan Completed….
Information compiling….
What would you like to know?:
[1] Lava-Pede Physiology and Notable Traits
[2] Useful Applications (stuff you can do with a dead lava-pede)
[3] H-3 Ecosystem Theory (this will be based upon the limited information that the scanner has gathered from the creature. basically its a THEORY and should be regarded as such)

I'm really, really sad that I lost those awesome posts I spent hours writing. From now on I'm doing them in a document program. The results of your actions remain the same, but you lost some entertaining exposition in the process.  :'(

Also, no you can't take Jay's stuff.

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: September 11, 2012, 08:55:53 pm »

Look out of the windows for any immediate danger, if there is none, make sure the suit is on tightly and prepare to go outside when the others are ready.

Mr.FancyPants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: September 11, 2012, 08:57:58 pm »

((What is the present? ;)))
I get into my suit, grab my energy refractor, and walk outside to inspect the Moo.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: September 11, 2012, 08:59:13 pm »

Look out of the windows for any immediate danger, if there is none, make sure the suit is on tightly and prepare to go outside when the others are ready.

Jim does the same.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #324 on: September 11, 2012, 09:13:51 pm »

Aneos presses himself against the window and peers out suspiciously, watching the terrain carefully for any sign of movement. Being unable to see anything out of the ordinary, he motions towards Perrin and Jim, who are just finishing checking their suits. They nod in affirmation and Perrin shoulders his energy refractor and steps into the airlock, leading the way. The others follow closely behind, having not drawn their own weapons. The airlock cycles and you all stride warily into the morning sunlight, ready for anything. The wasteland is still, and so far you see nothing aside from the unearthed ice and the rover.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 08:18:47 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: September 11, 2012, 09:21:16 pm »

"So, what's the plan? I think we should get the pods we used to arrive with the rover once it's unpacked." Begin unpacking thing from the rover, like the MRU. Be ready for explosions, If I forgot my shield oh well.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: September 11, 2012, 09:41:27 pm »

Making sure he has his handgun, Jim unloads and mounts the rover and begins to slowly drive over to the pods.

"We should go while it's early- it may take a while."

Spoiler: Jim Martin (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 10:34:05 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Serious Business

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: September 11, 2012, 09:45:56 pm »

Vincent checks out useful applications for a dead lava monster, and then takes a gander at physiology, and lastly ecosystem theory.

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: September 11, 2012, 09:47:35 pm »

((I assume I'm inside the rover while picking something up?))

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #329 on: September 11, 2012, 10:28:32 pm »

The three of you climb onto the rover's deck and work together to get all of the crates detached from it. You end up setting them in a neat pile near the outer door to the airlock next to where Aneos' makeshift shield is propped against the wall, and then get back onto the rover with Jim at the controls. He looks at Aneos' map briefly, which he has clipped to his arm for reference, then hits the throttle and you speed away towards the landing site. You all hang on desperately. The rover wasn't built to be ridden, and every tiny bump nearly sends you all sailing into the air.

(Hey guys, can you follow Doomblade's example and begin keeping your character sheet in all your posts? All you'll have to do is copy paste it into your ACTION POSTS and occasionally update your inventory. this will help a lot with keeping your projects cleaner and faster, since you wont forget that you had 'that one item you needed back when the super-beetle ate your soul'. normally exolyx would've had to order his PC to use that map, but I was feeling merciful and decided not to have you guys get lost in the desert for the entire day. one more thing, go ahead and leave your description out of the spoiler. you don't really need that. You can change it to a condition category if you wish, in order to keep track of your present and lingering injuries)

Vincent checks out useful applications for a dead lava monster, and then takes a gander at physiology, and lastly ecosystem theory.
You choose the second option to start with.

Scanner: The 'Lava-Pede' (you really should name this thing. you discovered it, so you're totally allowed to do that) , hitherto referred to as the Subject, has an unusually resilient body. Even without its shell it can survive in extremely high temperatures for weeks at a time before it presumably needs to surface. If a sample of the subject's skin can be acquired, it may be possible to synthesise a material that would be invulnerable to most man-made heat sources*.

*Elaborate on invulnerability to 'man-made heat sources'?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 08:20:27 am by GUNINANRUNIN »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 55