- 0 (0%)
Good Riddance to Bad Rubbish!
- 0 (0%)
Make Another One Fool!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: September 11, 2012, 11:27:31 pm

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 55

Author Topic: Roll to Migrate: Planet H-3 - Day 3 - Second Wave - No Slots Presently Open  (Read 47212 times)

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Migrate - Day 1 - First Wave
« Reply #300 on: September 10, 2012, 09:54:33 pm »

Well... I suppose it wouldn't hurt... push it.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #301 on: September 10, 2012, 10:05:16 pm »

Well... I suppose it wouldn't hurt... push it.
You reach delightedly for the button and give it a good hard mash. Stepping back, you lower your head to breathe a sigh of relief, and then look up. The middle wall has been replaced by a transparent band of material. You touch it, and realise that its actually still metal. Even the light still passes through it, and you gasp in astonishment. Its some sort of polarising steel! You press the button again, and it fades back to a solid wall.
So we DO have windows!

Mr.FancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • Um.. I'll get back to you on this...
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: September 10, 2012, 10:15:28 pm »

Gets Jay out of his suit and attempts to heal him.
((That better?  :D))
You trip over your own feet and your weapon discharges directly into Damien's face. All thats left of his head is a pitifully small pile of ash and a blackened cranial implant. At least the rest of him is okay.

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: September 10, 2012, 10:28:35 pm »

Organize a spot for where my sleeping area will be, then wait for if i'm needed.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: September 10, 2012, 10:52:43 pm »

((You need to take off yours, too.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #305 on: September 10, 2012, 11:11:06 pm »

((You need to take off yours, too.))
I took care of that. Shouldn't you be fixing your visor?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #306 on: September 10, 2012, 11:12:06 pm »

BEWARE: SOME MEDICAL TERMINOLOGY AHEAD

As a recap..
"Jay is dying from brain damage through asphyxiation, aided by heavy internal blood loss and organ damage. He was officially oxygen deprived for what you estimate to be over five minutes. Jay is still bleeding from his bullet wound. Jay is not breathing. Jay is still unconscious. Jay has a bullet inside his liver."

PROCEDURE START:
Unclasping Jay's helmet, you reach inside and touch the release switch. His suit unfolds and his body is lain before you. Getting a grip on one side of him, you lift Jay with the help of Vincent and set him down outside of his suit. You reach into your pack and retrieve your advanced medical kit and remove your own suit and helmet, then return to Jay's side and begin setting your tools down individually, and with great care and precision.

[6 + 1 Profession] You crank up the profusion machine and hook it into Jay's intravenous implant port and check his blood type through the machine using the sample it recovers. You retrieve the corresponding IV package and insert it into the machine, tapping a few keys on the control surface. The device whirs to life and begins replacing missing blood and recycling his body's fluids and nutrients. (Bonus) Jay starts, coughs, and suddenly begins breathing despite your lack of input.

Jay is no longer oxygen deprived. He was in a state of oxygen deprivation for just under seven minutes.

Being extremely careful to maintain Jay's airway, you and Vincent gently roll Jay onto his stomach. You locate the wound in the small of his back, and cut his coveralls away, exposing the entire dorsal area. Vincent hands you a low power cutter and you begin the procedure, searching for the round and occasionally ordering Vincent to hold or move Jay's innards. [3 + 1 Profession] You search and search, but only find a few pieces of the shattered round. He's been open much too long and you're forced to close him up without finding the rest of the bullet or repairing the full extent of the internal damage.

Jay is no longer bleeding. Jay may have complications as a result of the surgery.

FINAL RESULT:
You wipe the blood from your face and remove your sterilised gloves. You're not sure how well you did. You stopped the bleeding and got most of the bullet out, but he is almost certain to develop infection soon if it remains inside. A follow-up surgery would be extremely risky and might kill him anyway. On top of that he was asphyxiated for nearly seven minutes, and the amount of damage to his brain as a result of that could mean he will never wake up. The prognosis is grim, and his life may or may not be in your hands.

What are you going to do?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 11:45:19 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Serious Business

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: September 10, 2012, 11:31:30 pm »

You got any life support machines in there Perrin?  Maybe you could put him on one to give us some time to find something to help him.

After brainstorming ways to help Jay, Vincent goes back to his equipment, hoping the Lava-pede's genes can help him.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #308 on: September 10, 2012, 11:43:02 pm »

You got any life support machines in there Perrin?  Maybe you could put him on one to give us some time to find something to help him.

After brainstorming ways to help Jay, Vincent goes back to his equipment, hoping the Lava-pede's genes can help him.
You're about to come up with a wonderful idea when you notice that he is hooked up to the heart-lung machine and that your idea has become moot. (I called it a cardiovascular perfusion machine earlier but, uh.. that was wrong. my mistake. but yeah he already has life support, which was established during the surgery post. the problem at present is possibly fatal brain damage and, in the case that his brain is fine, an infection and a high-risk surgery).

You head over to your lab gear and check your scanner. The lava-pede scan is still in progress and won't be finished till TOMORROW MORNING FOR THE THIRD TIME.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: September 10, 2012, 11:44:25 pm »

Jim looks around for materials to repair his visor with after removing his suit. If he finds any, gmhe tries to fix it.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

Serious Business

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: September 10, 2012, 11:55:26 pm »

((Sorry for not noticing, I'm normally kinda spacey and the usual time I have to make many of my posts is when I'm tired or rushed.))

Would we be able to pump him full of Antibiotics?

Vincent also gets Jay's blood sample from one of the antibiotic gloves, or something else if the gloves have already been disposed of in case we get a cloning vat out or something.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #311 on: September 11, 2012, 12:04:25 am »

Jim looks around for materials to repair his visor with after removing his suit. If he finds any, gmhe tries to fix it.

You open your pack and pull out your toolbox, opening it and pulling out the tools you'll need to disassemble the helmet. You rummage through your box looking for a suitable replacement visor when you glance over to your bag. It has an extra pocket, and its larger than all the others. You open it and check its contents. The pocket holds suit replacement parts. Perhaps the Migrant Office is looking out for you more than you think.

[6 + 1 Skill] You swiftly take apart and reassemble the helmet. It now has an intact, newly reinforced visor that is beyond bulletproof and greatly improves your field of vision from 'small tunnel' to 'roomy corridor'. You took the liberty of redesigning the frame and the collar it attaches to, and your neck and head will now be safer than ever in the lighter, slightly less bulky helmet.

((Sorry for not noticing, I'm normally kinda spacey and the usual time I have to make many of my posts is when I'm tired or rushed.))

Would we be able to pump him full of Antibiotics?

Vincent also gets Jay's blood sample from one of the antibiotic gloves, or something else if the gloves have already been disposed of in case we get a cloning vat out or something.
You suggest antibiotics as a deterrent to infection, and snag one of the bloodied gloves that has been thrown to the floor to retrieve a sample of Jay's blood. Swabbing the fluid, you seal a drop of it inside a small sample capsule and place it on the small rack you have for holding them, and then toss the glove back on the floor.
Do we even have any antibiotics?

Serious Business

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: September 11, 2012, 12:14:22 am »

What about the MRU?  If one of us can get to it and set it up we may be able to order some antibiotics, that is if we can afford it.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: September 11, 2012, 12:27:31 am »

Seeing Jay's suit lying on the floor, Jim studies it for possible further improvements to the suits in general.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #314 on: September 11, 2012, 12:51:24 am »

Day One Survived
You're all weary from the afternoon's work, and you decide to remove your suits and line them up in an orderly row against the opposite wall and call it a day. You put Jay back in his own suit to keep him warm and have a seat on the cold deck of the Living Quarters, assuring one another that he'll last the night. You gather and, huddling together in the middle of the floor, you shiver quietly until you all eventually pass out from exhaustion.

INCOMING GENERAL TRANSMISSION

--BEGIN TRANSMISSION--

Two young men were lost to the clutches of the planet known as H-3, but not in vain, for one such man's life was spared in spite of overwhelming odds. The first intergalactic colony in the history of Man has been established, and settlement of this hostile land has officially begun. The eyes of the Universe are upon you. Congratulations Migrant.
--END TRANSMISSION--

Accolade Issued - Migrant Perrin Reuben Anderson
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 12:54:07 am by GUNINANRUNIN »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 55